What is the Gospel?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Apparently, God knew there would be many unbelievers.

Mark 4:10-12 KJV - 10 [FONT=&quot]And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.[/FONT]

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just admit you're a universalist.

why do you badger him with same false accusation?

All he is saying is Jesus died for the world's sin, meaning everyone.

Universalists believe you don't have to accept Jesus to be saved, and everyone will be saved.

It is so strange no one supports him on this regard.

Bullism is going on in this thread.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Apparently, God knew there would be many unbelievers.

Mark 4:10-12 KJV - 10 [FONT="]And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:[/FONT]
[FONT="]12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.[/FONT]

that is for you, friend.

glorydaz

You have not shown this to be true. The discord already existed/exists.

Let's see.....how many melt downs did your protege, the Evil One, have since you started this thread? How many attacks have AMR and Lon had to sustain? How many false accusations have been hurled out by the Evil One? :think:

I have challenged those who preclude unbelievers from hearing the Gospel that includes the words (or equivalent), 'Christ died for our sins.'

No, you have insisted believers preach a Gospel as unbelievers would like it to be preached.

No unbeliever is precluded from having the Gospel preached to them. We preach the forgiveness of sin for those who BELIEVE the Gospel.

The translation of Romans 3:25 you cite tallies with your stance but we know other translations give a slightly different perspective:

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. (NIV)

whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. (ESV)

They all say the same thing. Saved by Grace through faith.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just the opposite, you are the unbeliever. You don't know you don't believe because you are blinded.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV -

here you go another false accusation. You are not the judge. This kind of accusation is vicious and evil and grave sin.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
and thanks for your neg rep.

of course this is sarcasm.

so don't tell me I am a hypocrite.

You guys know so many ways to insult your opponent personally.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
why do you badger him with same false accusation?

All he is saying is Jesus died for the world's sin, meaning everyone.

Universalists believe you don't have to accept Jesus to be saved, and everyone will be saved.

It is so strange no one supports him on this regard.

Bullism is going on in this thread.

bump to pj.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I am a non-believer interested in knowing what the good news is. I ask because, in my experience, Christians do not seem to agree on the specifics. One might point to the issue of the scope of Christ's salvific provision as being particularly relevant.

If the Gospel isn't clearly defined then, surely, the non-believer may legitimately ask, 'Believe in what?'

Are you a lady?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Calling Sherman names now? No Soup For You !!!

I did not call out Sherman. I was just explaining what I was talking about.

You are so expert on insulting your enemy.

So many personal attacks here and you are one of them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Don't bother, I know the truth. You have disrupted this thread enough.

repeating the same accusation of socks is not disruption?

You are something else.

I also befriended EE's belief of Jesus being Jesus died for everyone's sin. It is not disruption. I am following what OP is claiming.

Don't accuse someone being disruption just becaseu you don't like what he or she says.

You are so clever switching the blame.

glorydaz

Luke 22:19-21
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table.

Jesus poured out His blood for Judas Iscariot.

For the Son of Perdition? A devil? Just because Judas was there, doesn't mean Jesus was addressing Judas. Why do you pick one scripture over another? Double standard?

Matt. 26:25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said. 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.​

Now you are quoting like a Calvinist who is defending LA. Jesus, in this verse, was demonstrating His good shepherdship in contrast to that of the Pharisees (where we see them ostracizing from the synangogue he who once was blind). You are wrong to infer LA when Jesus makes a point about how he cares and the Pharisees did not.

v.13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

So, you ignore what Jesus said quite clearly because the Calvinists use the text. No inference is required for a plain reading of the text. "I am the Good Shepherd".....who lays down His life for the sheep....those who do no believe are not his sheep. Judas did not believe. You can make all the excuses you want to, but it won't change what is plainly written.

Why did you not reference the fact that Jesus then proceeds to enjoin such folk, those who are not His sheep, to believe Him because of the miracles He has performed?

There is lots of stuff I didn't include. Why should I when you won't even accept the verses I did give you? Jesus made it clear that Judas did not believe...

Again - more verses Calvinists cite. That Jesus died for the church does not affirm he did not die for the rest.

He gave His life for it.

Ah, another of those Calvinist verses. I'm so shocked to hear they are all off limits.
I guess we could just keep throwing out verses until we're left with exactly what you and the evil one want left in. :think:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I did not call out Sherman. I was just explaining what I was talking about.

You are so expert on insulting your enemy.

So many personal attacks here and you are one of them.

Why do you let it bother you? Does it deprive you of food and sustenance?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Sonnet and EE has been gang attacked about sock. No one is befriending them so I did.

It bothers me a lot when I see people get gang attacked.

But no one is really hitting them, so, it is all in their heads, or your head. Who knows? They might be lonely kids who have no real friends and need some attention.