ECT What is the Gospel?

Interplanner

Indeed, those are references to His mission to Israel. Well done Gomer.

That's stupid. It doesn't say that at all. It is contrasted to Aaronic priests who had to sacrifice for their own sins. 7:11+ It is mentioned way before training missionaries in Israel, because 'you are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek' was made before time. The weak and useless is set aside and the Perfect is introduce. Oh no! I said the 'set aside' language again!

SaulToPaul 2

That's stupid. It doesn't say that at all. It is contrasted to Aaronic priests who had to sacrifice for their own sins. 7:11+ It is mentioned way before training missionaries in Israel, because 'you are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek' was made before time. The weak and useless is set aside and the Perfect is introduce. Oh no! I said the 'set aside' language again!

Those who are apt to teach will let go of the moronic notions they cling to, and revert backward to Eph 2A and 3F, holding the Head, and not chasing the tail. Being set aside is not conducive to tantamount efforts to the contrary and other reprehensible interps. Agreed?

Interplanner

Fraud is plain language for intentional blackmail or misleading people. 2P2P does that with the NT. There is no riddle.

(I had to stop posting because I've had a ridiculous cold for 2 days now; I'm suffocating).

You think you have an understanding because of one line in Hebrews. What good is it to re-instate Judaism WHEN THE WHOLE LETTER INVALIDATES THE AARONIC PRIESTHOOD AND SYSTEM ANYWAY? Wake up. Stop cartoons and Poe-ems. use your head. These things were fulfilled IN CHRIST ALONE--the Christ of the Gospel who is also now to be preached as Lord of the World.

Interplanner

That is moot. In fact, I'm listing more passages than you are--if you are paying attention at all. Why does Hebrews place the Melchizedekian priesthood over the Aaronic.

You have been dumbed down and you don't know the issues.

Danoh

You might be surprised at how much I understand, and how intelligent I am.
I just do not waste my time on those who are pseudo-intellectual and steeped in unbelief.

Lol, bro, you know JohnW is going to be all over you for that one "Mayor."

:chuckle:

Interplanner

You might be surprised at how much I understand, and how intelligent I am.
I just do not waste my time on those who are pseudo-intellectual and steeped in unbelief.

Yet you conflict with the time frame of Heb 8:13 and you don't provide any answer (above) to why the Melchizedek priesthood supplants the Aaronic. You just THINK you are intelligent. I never know. I just stick to the self-organizing NT passages (those that intentionally cover the broadest themes).

SaulToPaul 2

Yet you conflict with the time frame of Heb 8:13 and you don't provide any answer (above) to why the Melchizedek priesthood supplants the Aaronic. You just THINK you are intelligent. I never know. I just stick to the self-organizing NT passages (those that intentionally cover the broadest themes).

Had the old vanished?
Heb 8:13 (KJV)

Right Divider

Body part
Fraud is plain language for intentional blackmail or misleading people. 2P2P does that with the NT. There is no riddle.

(I had to stop posting because I've had a ridiculous cold for 2 days now; I'm suffocating).

You think you have an understanding because of one line in Hebrews. What good is it to re-instate Judaism WHEN THE WHOLE LETTER INVALIDATES THE AARONIC PRIESTHOOD AND SYSTEM ANYWAY? Wake up. Stop cartoons and Poe-ems. use your head. These things were fulfilled IN CHRIST ALONE--the Christ of the Gospel who is also now to be preached as Lord of the World.
:french:

SaulToPaul 2

The idea all along was for Israel to be a kingdom of priests, and this cannot be accomplished with the Levitical system.

So?

God's Truth

It seems the intractable debate of this forum is whether there is 1 gospel or 2.

Rather than talking around the problem or attacking each other, can we just cut to the chase?

What gospel did Jesus preach?

What gospel did Paul preach?

How are they the same/different?

Jesus came to earth and taught the rules for the New Covenant and then he died and shed his blood for the New Covenant.

That new Covenant is the gospel and the same gospel Paul and the apostles taught.