ECT What is Preterism

john w

Hall of Fame
He never said that. Why are you in denial about it?

Yes, Mayor, one of the numerous Craigie Tellalie "I have never said"'s, that are, a few posts earlier, contradicted, shown to be a lie. Wonder what causes/caused that? I forget-was it you, or me, that hurt his feelings a spell ago, resulting in his dispie obsession, habitual lying, hypocrisy, and sophistry?

john w

Hall of Fame
The answer to the thread....

"Your explanation is as ridiculous....ridiculous dispensational theories...."-AD 70-ist/Preterist, anti semite Craigie Tellalie

Vs. these ridiculous "theories, "inventions"(his sophistry debate word, that he spams on every third "post"):

"We now live in a new heaven and a new earth. .... we now live in the new heavens and new earth...Yes, we are living in the millennial reign right now."-AD 70-ist/Preterist, anti semite Craigie Tellalie.

"....we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth"-stupid Tet.

"The kingdom where there is no more death, tears, and sadness exists right now."-stupid Craigie Tellalie

Vs.

Unforgettable-American-Civil-War-Graphic-Images-530.jpg

c24_0012557u.jpg

Hitler-March-1933.jpg

ECT: MADists don't follow Paul Started by tetelestai, December 26th, 2015 08:25 AM

The Apostle Paul was the biggest anti-Semite there ever was..."-anti semite Craigie Tellalie, per http://theologyonline.com/showthread...58#post4703858

holocaust.jpg

pon2.jpg

jifb17.jpg

war-photo.jpg

39997.ngsversion.1422035699583.adapt.768.1.jpg

And Craigie lied about that:

"Do you actually believe Jesus is taking so long to wipe out all wicked people and wicked system?"-mess-hack

"(2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

"IOW, the longer God takes, the more people that can come to repentance."-Craigie Tet.

=we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth, but the LORD God has not yet wiped out all the wicked people and wicked system, and the kingdom where there is no more death, tears, and sadness exists right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, Mayor, one of the numerous Craigie Tellalie "I have never said"'s, that are, a few posts earlier, contradicted, shown to be a lie. Wonder what causes/caused that? I forget-was it you, or me, that hurt his feelings a spell ago, resulting in his dispie obsession, habitual lying, hypocrisy, and sophistry?

Yes, saint john, he should know by now that you "have the goods on him" every time he attempts to make a moulage out of the Holy Bible.

Danoh

I don't deny what Josephus wrote about the three towers and the Western wall.

I deny that somehow you think three towers and a western wall nullifies the prophecy.

You don't deny it now. After Climate Sanity and I proved you wrong.

And you deny it only in one more of your pathetic attempts to save face when proven wrong - if and on the rare occasion - you even admit as much.

Twist it how you will, it is Preterism that relies on Josephus for its box of rocks eschatology.

If the Scripture said there would not be one stone left upon another, than the eye of faith does not turn to a secular source for an answer during a moment of perplexity and or doubt; it keeps its nose in the Scripture - "the substance of things hoped for; evidence of things not seen" Heb. 11:1.

Why?

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" Hebrews 11:3.

The fact is that Preterism is founded on the same departure from that, that Acts 2 Dispies have ended up at.

In the Acts 2 Dispies' case, for the failure of their leaders to honestly address what Mid-Acts writers: O'Hair, Baker, and Stam had continually challenged them to honestly examine way before there was ever a 1948, or what have you.

Preterism is also founded on the same Acts 2 Dispy notion that if some passage of Scripture results in a doubt, the thing to do is to turn to sources external to Scripture.

The Preterist is "ever learning" about, and as a result, is "never coming to a knowledge of the truth."

The Preterist Archive is your version of Thomas Ice's desperation; only on steroids.

Psalms 27:13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

Fact is, that if the Lord said there would not be one stone left upon another, but such appears not the case to the external eye, then the thing to do is to get back in the Scripture with the eye of faith that believes to see and there in Scripture remain until the resulting, sufficient accumulation of "wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him" has accumulated such that its answer reveals itself through itself.

And through itself alone.

For that is how the wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him and His things that we now have access to through the Scripture, originated...

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" verse 14.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well stated, D.

Again, Vegas/Reno/Shreveport have it at 1 1/2 to 1 that he will stump all of us, in his response, with something along the lines of "Darby....You cannot answer my questions...No one, in the history of the universe, can answer my questions, as they are embarrassed....Not literal....Figurative...Fulfilled AD 70, or AD 1970-it says the same thing....Danoh once again is living in denial....Josephus says....Darby...No one taught your belief system until Barney and Betty Rubble taugh it.................."

Cricket...cricket............

SaulToPaul 2

Well stated, D.

Again, Vegas/Reno/Shreveport have it at 1 1/2 to 1 that he will stump all of us, in his response, with something along the lines of "Darby....You cannot answer my questions...No one, in the history of the universe, can answer my questions, as they are embarrassed....Not literal....Figurative...Fulfilled AD 70, or AD 1970-it says the same thing....Danoh once again is living in denial....Josephus says....Darby...No one taught your belief system until Barney and Betty Rubble taugh it.................."

Cricket...cricket............

I suspect he will throw in a Dance Director slur, as well.

john w

Hall of Fame
I suspect he will throw in a Dance Director slur, as well.

Maybe I can hep him, Mayor.

Tet's great, great,great.............grand daddy, gramps Pharoah, to the LORD God, way back yonder, during the time of Moses, who was obviously, according to Craigie, a member of the boc:

No one taught your sacred name, "LORD God," until you revealed it to that dummy Lamont Moses. So, it's false.

QED.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is futile to argue with a preterist because they can answer any question by spiritualizing the context.
Thus, they can make up an answer to anything, no matter how absurd.

For instance:

Revelation 13:13 KJV
(13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 20:9 KJV
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Our resident mornic Darby hating preterist, Tet, just says that the below fulfills "fire from heaven".

A division of the Roman Army that attacked Jerusalem had a lightning bolt symbol on it's banners.
Tet then goes into his absurdity by saying that fire is sometimes referred to as lightning, so the symbol on the Roman army's banner represents the fire from heaven, and fulfills the scripture.

fire%20from%20heaven%20lightning%20bolt_zps6iupnllr.jpg

When you stoop to interpreting scripture in this way, you can make it say anything you want.
And the preterists take full advantage of any absurdity they can muster up (ie. make up).

Oh, and BTW, preterism says the cloud Jesus comes in is the Roman Army.
Cloud = Roman Army.
Fire from heaven = lightning bolt symbol on Roman Army banner.
TA DA! FULFILLED!

Scripture is true.
Preterism is a fairy tale of absurd assumptions.

SaulToPaul 2

When you stoop to interpreting scripture in this way, you can make it say anything you want.
And the preterists take full advantage of any absurdity they can muster up (ie. make up).

Scripture is true.
Preterism is a fairy tale of assumptions.

They don't seem to have a problem believing that supernatural events like those in Revelation took place in the old testament times. I suspect they've been living in this dispensation so long (with God's hands removed to some degree), they've forgotten how he interacted in the past, and will again.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is futile to argue with a preterist because they can answer any question by spiritualizing the context.
Thus, they can make up an answer to anything, no matter how absurd.

For instance:

Revelation 13:13 KJV
(13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 20:9 KJV
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Our resident mornic Darby hating preterist, Tet, just says that the below fulfills "fire from heaven".

A division of the Roman Army that attacked Jerusalem had a lightning bolt symbol on it's banners.
Tet then goes into his absurdity by saying that fire is sometimes referred to as lightning, so the symbol on the Roman army's banner represents the fire from heaven, and fulfills the scripture.

fire%20from%20heaven%20lightning%20bolt_zps6iupnllr.jpg

Oh, and BTW, preterism says the cloud Jesus comes in is the Roman Army.
Cloud = Roman Army.
Fire from heaven = lightning bolt symbol on Roman Army banner.
TA DA! FULFILLED!

Scripture is true.
Preterism is a fairy tale of absurd assumptions.

Well said, bora of Tam. In hypocrisy, he spams, "Don't you believe the bible,"shortly does not mean shortly, you dispies?????," and then asserts, "land" means "land," sometimes, and other times it is a hyperbole, figurative......................And on, and on....

And here is his "Debate Ender," "close," that stumps everyone. When asked about a certain fulfillment of prophecy, such as the land promises to the believing remnant nation Israel, he asserts:

"The land promises were fulfilled in Christ Jesus....Don't you believe 'Jesus'/the bible/Paul/God?"

He can "prove" anythin, Lucy, with that shut down.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, it is their great equalizer.

It's his "The Big Freeze" on all of us MAD/dispie wackos, Mayor; sorta like the "Big Freeze
"/"Frost Warning" you receive, when you approach chicks. I'm just funnin' with you, Mayor. Don't go clenchin' your jaw. Have a Mr. Cookie Bar, and quit being so sensitive.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They don't seem to have a problem believing that supernatural events like those in Revelation took place in the old testament times. I suspect they've been living in this dispensation so long (with God's hands removed to some degree), they've forgotten how he interacted in the past, and will again.
Right you are.

Christ was born in Bethlehem as prophecy said, not in a spiritual Bethlehem.
Christ was called out of Egypt as prophecy said, not out of a spiritual Egypt.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Likewise, Israel was given prophecy of their kingdom (a real one, not a spiritual one) being united into one again and their kingdom (a real one, not a spiritual one) restored.

john w

Hall of Fame
Right you are.

Christ was born in Bethlehem as prophecy said, not in a spiritual Bethlehem.
Christ was called out of Egypt as prophecy said, not out of a spiritual Egypt.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Likewise, Israel was given prophecy of their kingdom (a real one, not a spiritual one) being united into one again and their kingdom (a real one, not a spiritual one) restored.

We are all in denial, and embarrassed, don't you know, B of T., and no dispie/MAD wacko, can answer/will answer, Tellalie, nor has anyone been able to on TOL, ever, or in the history of mankind!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've also suffered over 200 fatal death knells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
Just spiritualize death knells to mean something else.
Easy peasy, everything fixed now.
whistle.gif

Tellalie: You really think the parting of the Red Sea,................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ the resurrection, the redemption of the body, 'theories,' is/are literal? Literal events/people/places is fleshly.....You are in denial....

SaulToPaul 2

Tellalie: You really think the parting of the Red Sea,................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ the resurrection, the redemption of the body, 'theories,' is/are literal? Literal events/people/places is fleshly.....You are in denial....

The two witnesses in Revelation were Gome and Goob. 1970AD.

SaulToPaul 2

I suspect Tet believes that the Red Sea parted, but doubts that the Mount of Olives parts or parted at the 2nd coming.