ECT What is better about D'ism?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
D'ism is a cult where it perpetuates the race and land of Israel in place of Christ.

Exactly!

My husbands and my testimony, is being delivered out of such a cult.

This is the most accurate and bottom-line description of Dispensationalism.

:thumb:

musterion

Why are you in yet another off-post passage? you do this all the time. If I mention I Peter 2, you jump to Eph 1. It has been about heb 9:15 and what's on either side of 9:15.

But even so, 'you were foreigners to the covenant , and now you have been brought near and made co-inheritors...'

Fool. Paul gave a list of the things Gentiles were excluded from, of which the covenants were but one thing they didn't have.

But now, Gentiles are co-heirs of what? The NC?

Eph 3:6

Joint partakers of the promise in Christ.

Romans 8:17

Joint heirs of Christ.

CHRIST
is what was promised far back as Adam, promised through Abraham, before Israel, promised to come through Israel, meaning Gentiles had no direct access at the time and, with Israel's failure, apparently no hope. But now the obstacle of stumbled Israel has been removed.

The inheritance to Gentiles is Christ Himself (2 Cor 1:20) via believing the Gospel of grace. You get Him, you get all.

That inheritance is not the NC. That is still Israel's alone, else God lied.

Unless you're now going to tell us Christ IS the NC.

You're arguing from the white areas of the page to make your point, and you lose.

musterion

Exactly!

My husbands and my testimony, is being delivered out of such a cult.

This is the most accurate and bottom-line description of Dispensationalism.

:thumb:

Every person on TOL who has said "I was once a dispie!" ends up demonstrating that, if it were ever true, they understood nothing about it and end up attacking caricatures and misconceptions. Tet was the worst example. IP is the only one I've not seen claim is an ex-dispie.

Danoh

Every person on TOL who has said "I was once a dispie!" ends up demonstrating that, if it were ever true, they understood nothing about it and end up attacking caricatures and misconceptions. Tet was the worst example. IP is the only one I've not seen claim is an ex-dispie.

Actually, IP has often claimed having once been a Dispy.

Only to prove he was clueless all along, but mention the above; he often has.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Interplanner

That would be because you have no memory. At least I've never seen evidence of a memory that goes back further than one post. I have 1000 posts explaining that I grew up in a fundamentalist d'ist church and attended a major D'ist bible college with constant visitors from DTS. I spoke with Walvoord on tour personally.

You don't know what you are saying Biblically or TOLly.

The question at hand is 'what is the definition of 'better' in heb 8-10?' You dont' even remember that.

btw, yes, the NT is saying that Christ is the NC. It's everywhere. "This is the new covenant my body broken for you". Stop destroying the sweet beautiful gift of the Gospel.

Why do you sound like the opposite of Rom 11's closing poem: your whole orientation is that God owes something to some group of people, after the Gospel and everything.

Interplanner

Post 82. Deal with it point by point.

Don't need to: this body is the new covenant in my flesh, the blood is the new covenant in my blood. questions?

You need to deal with Heb 9-10 point by point. that is the OP here. If you want an OP on Eph 2-3, which you will totally lose, go ahead. You have been asked to write on what 'better' means about the new covenant we now enjoy and you are here trying to say we dont' enjoy it. That's your problem. I do enjoy it.

You are in a stronghold that is decieving you and you need to be freed.

musterion

Don't need to: this body is the new covenant in my flesh, the blood is the new covenant in my blood. questions?

Yes: why did you deliberately misquote the words of the Lord?

“Take, eat; this is My body.” And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins..

“Take it; this is My body.” And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. And He said to them, “This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood;

No translation says "This body is the new covenant in my flesh." You made that up, per the principle of Rev 22:18.

Interplanner

Yes: why did you deliberately misquote the words of the Lord?

No translation says "This body is the new covenant in my flesh." You made that up, per the principle of Rev 22:18.

Why do you deliberately drive 100,000 feet of concrete wired with electricity between blood and body? Your beliefs are therefore hooey.

Why on earth would blood be one thing and body be another? Is there yet another compartmentalization that D'ism has invented to divide up even more Christians from each other in their already divided up gospels? You are a factory of division where there is supposed to be unity in Christ. It all starts from the carnality of putting Judea and Judaism where the OT Scriptures were meant to be fulfilled in Christ.

Per Acts 13's sermon and Lk 24's summary of the seminar. And Acts 26's summary of what Paul said he was allowed to say about the OT.

musterion

Why do you deliberately drive 100,000 feet of concrete wired with electricity between blood and body? Your beliefs are therefore hooey.

Why on earth would blood be one thing and body be another? Is there yet another compartmentalization that D'ism has invented to divide up even more Christians from each other in their already divided up gospels? You are a factory of division where there is supposed to be unity in Christ. It all starts from the carnality of putting Judea and Judaism where the OT Scriptures were meant to be fulfilled in Christ.

Per Acts 13's sermon and Lk 24's summary of the seminar. And Acts 26's summary of what Paul said he was allowed to say about the OT.

Why do you deliberately not render heb 9-10 in normal meaning?

WHY did you deliberately misquote the words of Christ?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
WHY did you deliberately misquote the words of Christ?

What is the life of Christ's earthly body, but the blood?

There is no distinction applied in the elements between the bread and the wine. They both represent the body Jesus Christ would offer up in death, as ratification of the new and better Covenant of Redemption.

Your narrow English literalism has spiritually blinded you to the greater depths of divine Truth revealed in the Holy Scriptures.

musterion

What is the life of Christ's earthly body, but the blood?

There is no distinction applied in the elements between the bread and the wine. They both represent the body Jesus Christ would offer up in death, as ratification of the new and better Covenant of Redemption.

Your narrow English literalism has spiritually blinded you to the greater depths of divine Truth revealed in the Holy Scriptures.

Why are you defending someone who deliberately misquoted Christ?

Forget English. Look at an online interlinear breakdown of Greek. The words IP put in Christ's mouth ARE NOT THERE.

He lied, and made Christ a liar in doing it.

Why are you okay with that?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why are you defending someone who deliberately misquoted Christ?

Forget English. Look at an online interlinear breakdown of Greek. The words IP put in Christ's mouth ARE NOT THERE.

He lied, and made Christ a liar in doing it.

Why are you okay with that?

Because I read IP's post as being explanatory of the main point rather than attempting expository preaching or formal exegesis.

Jesus was revealing the coming sacrifice of His very life that would ratify the Covenant promises. And that life consisted of body and blood, which the elements symbolize.

It offends me that any MADist would get all huffy and purer than snow, when it comes to discussion of Scripture, when they are the ones who omit most of the Bible from their thinking and formulations of beliefs.

You display terrible hypocrisy here . . . :down: