What is a Christian fundamentalist?

Apollo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
When there is an organized effort to put the view out that Christianity is backward, that is an attack. You might not recognize it as an attack but it is an attack.

This is a classic example of sour grapes. The Church HAD its chance, and has one of the worst records of human rights abuse in history to show for it. Christians can dish it out, but just can’t take it. So, CRY ME A RIVER. Wah-wah! Your bad luck, Cry. You MISSED Christianity’s “golden age” and have to settle for the status of an obsolete religious kook.

Any interesting titles on your summer book burning list?

temple2006

Cry Tears.....

Nationalism could be defined as 'herd instinct' 'tribalism' 'my country, right or wrong'. I guess there would be nothing wrong with 'nationalism' IF kindness and (gasp) even love prevail in the dealings of one nation with another. hmmmmm?

PureX

So Knight, did you find the answers you were looking for on this thread? What do you think of the responses?

CryTears

BANNED
Banned
If one is to have globilization one has to get rid of patriotism.
To do that one has to get rid of any good relating to patriots and begin to invent new definitions, such as nationalism and then insert words such as superior.
I see many have fallen for it right in step.

To get rid of religion one has to begin to put it in the negative at the core, so rather than "God fearing" to be good, it is used as a negative and the word fundamentalist is used,

many are falling right into step.

the gullitine awaits the sheep.

God and country and if they can get rid of marriage and mom by cloning, they will have it made!

LightSon

Originally posted by CryTears

If one is to have globilization one has to get rid of patriotism.
To do that one has to get rid of any good relating to patriots and begin to invent new definitions, such as nationalism and then insert words such as superior.
I see many have fallen for it right in step.

To get rid of religion one has to begin to put it in the negative at the core, so rather than "God fearing" to be good, it is used as a negative and the word fundamentalist is used,

many are falling right into step.

the gullitine awaits the sheep.

God and country and if they can get rid of marriage and mom by cloning, they will have it made!

Very insightful, I am sad to say.

for we wrestle not against flesh and blood.....

Aimiel

Originally posted by PureX

Yet you are absolutely sure that God wrote the bible, and that Jesus rose from the dead, and that there is a heaven and a hell, and that your version of religious Christianity is the only true path to righteousness, and that anyone who thinks otherwise has to be wrong, or "lost".
I know that God wrote The Bible. He also speaks, even today. There are some that hear Him.

The fact that Jesus rose from the dead is more evident than anything else that has ever happened, in antiquity. The evidence portrayed in The Gospels is clear and final.

I've been to Heaven, but believed long before I ever went, and I know that hell is real.

My 'version.' Whatever do you mean?
You don't know anything about God except that you believe that you know more about God than anyone who believes anything ELSE about God knows
I know God. I am in a relationship with Him. We are able to reason together. We are able to communicate with one another. That wouldn't be possible unless Christianity were a path to Him. Jesus said that He is The Only Path to The Father. I believe Him.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by PureX

So Knight, did you find the answers you were looking for on this thread? What do you think of the responses?
Well.... one thing is for sure... there is no consensus regarding Christian fundamentalism.

And I am becoming more certain that I would like to redefine the term "fundamentalist" for myself (since I consider myself a one).

PureX

Originally posted by Knight

Well.... one thing is for sure... there is no consensus regarding Christian fundamentalism.

And I am becoming more certain that I would like to redefine the term "fundamentalist" for myself (since I consider myself a one).
Yes, I could see how that might be the case.

I consider myself an artist, and if I was seeing people on the news being called artists, or calling themselves artists, blowing up buildings and otherwise destroying people's lives and property for some ideology or other, I would definately be either defending the term "artist" against those people, or finding a new term to describe myself and renouncing these "artists" as criminals, thugs and murderers.

I don't think any of us would want to find ourselves associated with this kind of insane self-righteous violence. As you know, I think the problem is even deeper than just the association by terminology. I think that there is an association by ideology, too. And that would require an even deeper self-searching than were it just name-association. I think that many of the ideas that have inspired this horrible self-righteous violence that we see in those "fundamentalists" on the TV news is also aparent in the more moderate Christian "fundamentalists" that we see all around us. And if I were one of those, I sure do hope that I would have the courage and integrity to do some VERY serious soul-searching about my own "fundamentalist" ideals.

I'm definitely not accusing you or anyone here of anything, I'm just saying that a lot of the same beliefs that motivate those Muslim fundamentalists that we see on TV and that we all love to hate these days are shared by many Christian fundamentalists very close to us. And I find this an extremely sobering thought. Don't you?

Aimiel

I thank God that 'fundie fanatics' such as murderers of abortionists and the like have not multiplied in this country. We have enough mad people (even children, nowadays) and don't need more; and especially we don't need more doing so and then claiming that it was done in the name of Christ. That mis-represents God to un-believers, which is dead-wrong.