What If Love Is NOT An Emotion

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love is an emotion. It is a feeling. Fear is an emotion, and it is a feeling. Anyone who keeps arguing against this fact is unstable in their thinking.

I said
sorry but your still wrong.

Gal 5:16-25
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Up is emotions, Love isn't in that group. Love is in the group of the Holy Spirit and crucifying the emotions.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Aimiel

Squeaky is WRONG, but is also not only too proud to admit it, he also holds onto MANY other errors of understanding not just regarding Scripture but also common understanding of the English language. He's so stubborn, I believe he must be part mule.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky is WRONG, but is also not only too proud to admit it, he also holds onto MANY other errors of understanding not just regarding Scripture but also common understanding of the English language. He's so stubborn, I believe he must be part mule.

I said
ROFLOL I'm the one with the Word of God abiding in me. I'm the one with the revelations of Jesus Christ.

YOUR NOT.

rougueone

I said
Your a little backwards. Your inner man is your spirit and soul. And that is inside your outer man. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man. Your soul is the body of your inner man. Your affections come from your soul. Your emotions are unclean spirits that abide in your outer person.
So when I am so overwhelmed by Holy Spirit either in conversation or worship and I weep, this is according to you, " unclean spirits . ".

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So when I am so overwhelmed by Holy Spirit either in conversation or worship and I weep, this is according to you, " unclean spirits . ".

Your yellow printing is hard to read. It hurts my eyes.

Would you be kind to change to something easy to read?

thanks.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands".

I said
And that would be a doer of the Word, and not just a hearer.

James 1:21-24
21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

I said
Your right I agree. Suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly is what love is.

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

yet, with mutual love as within the body of Christ, that love is healing, uplifting, edifying, joyful and fulfilling.

oatmeal

Love is an emotion.

Can you control your emotions?

Do you choose to be happy or sad or in grief or elated?

What initiates your emotions?

If you did something kind to someone, would that make you and the recipient feel good?

Or did you and the recipient feel good and then you did something kind for him?

If someone insults you, do that make you feel bad or sad or angry?

Or do you first feel bad or sad or angry then someone insults you?

What came first?

The action or the emotion?

God's Truth

If you did something kind to someone, would that make you and the recipient feel good?

What came first?

Love is an emotion. It is a feeling. Fear is an emotion too, and it too is a feeling.

God's Truth

Love is a emotion and a action, but you don't have to emotionally love someone who is slapping your cheek, but you forgive him in your heart.

Love is to choose to do right instead of wrong. Love always has the best intentions for someone.

Love does no harm.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love is a emotion and a action, but you don't have to emotionally love someone who is slapping your cheek, but you forgive him in your heart.

Love is to choose to do right instead of wrong. Love always has the best intentions for someone.

I said
No it isn't. Love is an action. The action of suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly. without suffering wrongfully there is no love.

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

oatmeal

Love is an emotion. It is a feeling. Fear is an emotion too, and it too is a feeling.

Love is a verb. Being a verb it connotes action.

John 3:16.

God so loved the world that he

a. got emotional

b. emoted

c. felt sorry for himself

d. gave.

Love is giving of one self to another.

People who do not have love in their life are self centered and selfish.

People who give of themselves have love in their lives.

I Corinthians 13:4-8a

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth:

Where is the emotion in the above passage?

The closest thing to emotion is rejoicing, but that is a choice to do, not a unsolicited emotion.

All of them are actions of the will based on choosing to think those things and choosing to do them

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

a. got emotional

b. emoted

d. gave.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth:

The closest thing to emotion is rejoicing, but that is a choice to do, not a unsolicited emotion.

All of them are actions of the will based on choosing to think those things and choosing to do them

I said
Rejoice is an affection.

shagster01

Yes.

Your reaction to a situation

Both, usually. I'm not typically my most loving when I'm feeling bad.

Could be either, depending.

What came first?

Sometimes one, sometimes the other.

But let me ask you, why do dogs love their masters? Because of the security, sense of belonging, and happiness being around the master brings? I think so.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

But let me ask you, why do dogs love their masters? Because of the security, sense of belonging, and happiness being around the master brings? I think so.

I said
That looks like an oxymoron. You say its your choice to feel good or bad. Then you claim its different when you feel good or bad.

God's Truth

a. got emotional

b. emoted

d. gave.

8 Charity never faileth:

Love is an emotion. It is a feeling.
You have not proven otherwise. You can never prove otherwise.

God's Truth

Yes.

Good points explaining that love is an emotion and a feeling.