ECT What does it take for the Holy Spirit to live inside a person?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Spirit can reside in you and you'll not even know it- whereas some will swear it's in them when it is not.

It seems a bit convenient
But
It is also very true.

I also believe that, in most cases, the Spirit comes out in times of conviction or desperation. This is the typical case within the Bible when a prophet is writing directly.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How do you think the Spirit can live in your without you knowing it?

The relationship between a man and God is not always apparent to the man. Consider this: most men do not realize that the Spirit brought them to God until after the fact. Nevertheless, it was the Spirit dwelling within him that brought his soul to God.

Well, that's the Calvinist take anyway :plain:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
To have the mind of Christ is to have an obedient mind. Faith alone is dead that is what the Word of God says. To have the mind of Christ is not to have faith alone. If that is what you think, then you think Jesus has a dead mind. If you are getting at something else, then you will not have even that if you do not obey.

No one is just 'given' the mind of Christ. You sound like a Calvinist or maybe of the Lutheran influence.

Paul is not saying people are not doing the sin. You misunderstand Paul. I can prove easily you misunderstand Paul. Paul says, "It is no longer I myself who do it." No longer? So then, you see that Paul admits to doing it because he says it is NO LONGER I WHO DO IT, but then he does it without thinking. That does not mean he literally is not doing the sin.

Paul is describing what it is like to not have faith in God. Paul is NOT saying no one ever obeyed God before having the Holy Spirit.

I can give you many scriptures that show people OBEYED God before the gift of the Holy Spirit.

No, that is not what the scripture say. If you do good, then it is you doing good.

I can tell you about it, but I do not want it trampled by you, as you did about my explaining what the mind of Christ is.

I have Jesus himself as my teacher.

The mind of Christ is to have an obedient mind.

How do you ever have anything like Christ if you are not obedient?

Read Romans 11:28-36. Those scriptures will tell you about obedience and the mind of Christ.

No answer to what the mind of Christ feels like.

Just so you know, obedience is only worth something is you are obedient every second of every day from birth till death. One moment or thought of disobedience and you've broken the entire law.

Good luck with that, only one person has been able to pull that off so far.

God's Truth

The relationship between a man and God is not always apparent to the man. Consider this: most men do not realize that the Spirit brought them to God until after the fact. Nevertheless, it was the Spirit dwelling within him that brought his soul to God.

Well, that's the Calvinist take anyway :plain:

You know it if you are living by the Spirit.

God's Truth

No answer to what the mind of Christ feels like.

Just so you know, obedience is only worth something is you are obedient every second of every day from birth till death. One moment or thought of disobedience and you've broken the entire law.

Good luck with that, only one person has been able to pull that off so far.

In your feeble attempt to go against what I said, you proved it.

lol

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Spirit can reside in you and you'll not even know it- whereas some will swear it's in them when it is not.

It seems a bit convenient
But
It is also very true.

I also believe that, in most cases, the Spirit comes out in times of conviction or desperation. This is the typical case within the Bible when a prophet is writing directly.

Hi Crucible,

I don't know what your understandings are, but you gave me a semi nice response a couple of days ago, and that makes me want to like you. I don't know if i've ever had a positive reply here over 400 posts.

But here comes the but.

When the Holy Spirit is sealed into us, it's called in the Word, " the dynamite power unto Salvation." A good analogy of this state of being would be if we were to sit on a stick of dynamite, light the fuse, and sing , we shall not be moved. We are going to be moved. It's "dunamus" in the Greek. And if we truly have His Spirit inside us, there will be an explosion, the dynamite power will go off.

There is a specific explosion of something when His Spirit resides in us. Do you know what that is?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is God over everyone and everything. Jesus doesn't tell the Jews they have to obey and the Gentiles they do not have to obey. LOL
You're like a broken record.
Rom 4:1-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:1) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? (4:2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath [whereof] to glory; but not before God. (4:3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. (4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (4:6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (4:7) [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. (4:8) Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

What was the IT that was counted AS RIGHTEOUSNESS?

God's Truth

You're like a broken record.
Rom 4:1-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:1) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? (4:2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath [whereof] to glory; but not before God. (4:3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. (4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (4:6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (4:7) [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. (4:8) Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

What was the IT that was counted AS RIGHTEOUSNESS?

What is the WORK that Abraham did after faith that no longer matters?!!! CIRCUMCISION! lol

Just read and you will find where the works is the work latter put in the law and it is CIRCUMCISION.

God's Truth

Abraham did a work after his faith that NO LONGER matters that work is CIRCUMCISION. Circumcision is a work that was put in the law which made one purified/ceremonially clean.

What is the works Abraham did and was the reason God gave him the promises?

What was the works Abraham did in which God tested Abraham's faith?

Please tell me if you can.

The works Abraham did that gave him the promises of God...the works that Abraham did that had Abraham pass the test of his faith...IT WAS OBEDIENCE TO EVERYTHING THAT GOD SAID FOR HIM TO DO.

Oh please ask me for the scriptures.

ZacharyB

I can give you many scriptures that show people OBEYED God before the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Yes, there were some prior to the coming
of the Holy Spirit in God's new covenant.
And this is indeed the problem ...
Believers with a new nature that is NO longer a slave to sin,
and who have the indwelling Holy Spirit ...
have a HUGE advantage over those believers in the old covenant!
Ergo ...
Born-again believers have NO excuse for being habitual sinners.
Serious repentance will ensure that the Holy Spirit and you
will eventually overcome ALL sinning in your life!
And, guess what, you will living in righteousness and holiness!

ZacharyB

... it was the Spirit dwelling within him that brought his soul to God.
IMO, God's Spirit draws men to believe in Jesus and His gospel Truth.
If they believe, then the Spirit indwells them.

Meanwhile, several NT Scriptures (such as Romans 9) make it clear that
God chooses to give the gift of faith to SOME men of His choice!
Without God's gift of faith it is impossible for men to believe.

BTW, I am not talking about the spiritual power gift of faith in 1 Cor 12.
THis is many times more powerful than the first kind.
Trust me ... I have the 1 Cor 12 gift.

God's Truth

Yes, there were some prior to the coming
of the Holy Spirit in God's new covenant.
And this is indeed the problem ...
Believers with a new nature that is NO longer a slave to sin,
and who have the indwelling Holy Spirit ...
have a HUGE advantage over those believers in the old covenant!
Ergo ...
Born-again believers have NO excuse for being habitual sinners.
Serious repentance will ensure that the Holy Spirit and you
will eventually overcome ALL sinning in your life!
And, guess what, you will living in righteousness and holiness!

Amen. Excellent truth you said there.