ECT WHAT DOES Gal 3:1 REALLY MEAN ??

DAN P

I've given my testimony here more than once, even to you once. But because you're not actually interested in people's testimonies except to pick them apart, why should I throw my pearls to swine?
The fact I've already once told you how I was saved, and you don't remember, shows that your only interest is to examine it to see if it passes your cult standard. No thanks.

As for OSAS, another subject change, I believe in eternal security for the believer. As long as you believe, you are saved. Faith is the condition, and remains the condition. A person cannot sin their way out of salvation, and people cannot be saved lost, saved lost, saved lost. People are saved when they believe, and as long as they continue to believe, they remain saved. If someone trashes their faith, they are lost forever, with no hope of ever being brought back to repentance (Heb 6:4-5).

Col 1:21-24
And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard

Hi and FREPENTANCE was given to Israel !!

In Acts 26:20 REPENTANCE and WORKS is the proof of Repentance !!

Anyone who says that they have REPENTED is an Insult to he Jesus , since He said in Jon 19:30 " IT IS FINISHED " , where the Greek word for " FINISHED " is in the Perfect Tense , which means Jesus died ONLY ONCE and ONLY ONCE for SIN !!

DAN P

andyc

Hi and FREPENTANCE was given to Israel !!

In Acts 26:20 REPENTANCE and WORKS is the proof of Repentance !!

Anyone who says that they have REPENTED is an Insult to he Jesus , since He said in Jon 19:30 " IT IS FINISHED " , where the Greek word for " FINISHED " is in the Perfect Tense , which means Jesus died ONLY ONCE and ONLY ONCE for SIN !!

DAN P

What do you think repentance means?

For example......

Acts 17:30 "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent

andyc

I'm sure that of the many from all kinds of understandings who claim having prayed sincerely, some did.

But that is not how this works.

No.....you also have to meditate on the word, and think.

How it works is sound study principles.

The cannon is complete - the men who were promised would be led unto all truth by the Spirit wrote it down and now the Spirit only teaches and or speaks through his Word.

Each time He'd reveal more Scripture - to a next writer - said writer would write it down and that and all that had gone before was then His Word in light of said latest Word.

And that is over.

Sure, as far as new revelation is concerned.

Peter, he looked to days after his passing notes this is the case, despite his having touched and handled the Lord....

2 Peter 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

What did Isaiah place above his God given words?

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Daniel did likewise...

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

And on it goes.

You want leading; get in THE Book (Revelatiom thru Genesis).

Not in notions of "Well, I prayed sincerely."

If you did this, you wouldn't be a hyperdispensationalist.

andyc

When you changed to osas for that time; why did you?

I'm trying to understand your journey (rather than ignorantly read into it as you have been doing as to mine).

I used to go to a strict AOG church where holiness was thundered from the pulpit most weeks. I became a zealot, and a pharisee. Trying to please God, but mostly failing. Fell into an adulterous relationship, and believed God had abandoned me. Experienced God's love more strongly when in this sorry state, than when I thought I was making it. This is why legalism is deadly. Came to the conclusion that if God loved me while I was in sin, how could I have fallen from grace (become unsaved?) So I became convinced by the OSAS view because I had experienced it personally.
Reading scripture there were verses that seemed to contradict the OSAS view, and yet my own experience agreed with the OSAS view. In my conscience I came to accept that there were a few verses that were poorly argued from the OSAS camp, and I couldn't accept it however much I wanted to. So there had to be another view. One that was more balanced. All the problem verses for OSAS all have faith as a common denominator. And so I came to realize that there is eternal security for the believer. This view cannot be reasoned against from scripture, as you're finding out.

andyc

Those cut off had a standing offer of access, they did not have possession.

You can't say that. Paul said, "you stand by faith". Nothing about an offer of faith.
This is where you must let scripture interpret scripture, not Bullinger or Feldick interpret scripture.

Access is made possession by faith.

And when you got possession of it, you stand.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Those cut off never believed to begin with.

They were not the BELIEVING remnant.

They believed in the old covenant, and rejected Christ. Where as the gentiles accepted Christ, and so were grafted in their place.

The Gentiles now have this standing offer of access.

Possession is not automatic here either.

Possession is made possession by faith.

Paul is warning Gentiles - NOT the Body.

When this standing offer of access by faith is removed, those Gentiles who had refused to belief will be cut off from said offer.

What is being referred to is a standing offer (temporary offer) of access by faith into a right standing before God and therefore at peace with Him in his Son.

Unscriptural nonsense.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

The result for those who have this right standing before God when this standing or temporary offer of access by faith is removed one day?

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Why do we have that?

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Nothing anywhere in scripture about a temporal offer of standing faith. Faith is faith. You believe, and you stand on it against anything questioning it.

andyc

No. That is you reading that it is inconvenient to my theology.

You think you are a mind reader, just as you think you are reading the mind of that passage in Hebrews.

Which is actually referring to those who had witnessed the signs and wonders that took place in Acts 2, benefitted from the healings, etc., a foretate of their world to come, but refused to believe the gospel of their salvation.

Nope

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit

A person cannot partake of the Holy Spirit until they're saved.

He is talking to lost Israelites.

It is referring to - guess who - unbelieving Hebrews.

It even tells you that in Hebrews 2.

This has nothing to do with some perceived inconvenience on my part.

That is your mind reading projection in your ignorance :chuckle:

The letter is to the Hebrews, but it wouldnt make any difference if he was taking to the Chinese. The same applies to all.

Danoh

How many times have you lost and gained back your eternal life AndyCnoTruth?

Unfortunately for him in his Galatianism, it appears he is still counting.

And being that he is hostile to any attempt to reason with him THROUGH the Scriptures; his is an issue he will have to see the error of on his own.

It is what it is for some; all they see is an enemy in anyone who points out his is an enemy of the finished work of the Cross.

He reads the following, only to have read his rationalizations into it.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

So be it Andyc...go right on ahead believing you are made perfect by the flesh.

andyc

Unfortunately for him in his Galatianism, it appears he is still counting.

And being that he is hostile to any attempt to reason with him THROUGH the Scriptures; his is an issue he will have to see the error of on his own.

It is what it is for some; all they see is an enemy in anyone who points out his is an enemy of the finished work of the Cross.

He reads the following, only to have read his rationalizations into it.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

So be it Andyc...go right on ahead believing you are made perfect by the flesh.

Show one instance of where I've talked about salvation by works?
You and marowbe (waste of bandwidth) make things up as you go along. At least you quote unrelated scriptures with your nonsense, but poor ole marowbe just throws out useless comments all day because he has no life.

Dan likes to alter the subject like the wind when he sees his OP shot to pieces.

Danoh

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

That speaks of a standing offer - that it will end one day.

It is a standing offer in that it is the offer on the table until removed.

This differs from what is being offered during said time.

What is being offered is the opportunity to come and avail oneself of an ETERNAL, RIGHT standing before God in the FINISHED work of His Son IN OUR STEAD.

This here that follows is that temporary offer on the table, where it stands, until it is removed one day; replaced by "the wrath to come..." upon those who rejected said following offer of access by faith...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Danoh

Show one instance of where I've talked about salvation by works?
You and marowbe (waste of bandwidth) make things up as you go along. At least you quote unrelated scriptures with your nonsense, but poor ole marowbe just throws out useless comments all day because he has no life.

Dan likes to alter the subject like the wind when he sees his OP shot to pieces.

My point is you appear to believe you can lose your salvation.

The only way that is possible is if some aspect of your salvation is dependent on something you are to do.

If you want to turn this into Danoh is my enemy; that is on you.

Neither you nor I are the issue in this important issue.

Last edited:

andyc

'Believing' is not a work.
'Believing' is the condition for salvation.
'Believing' remains a condition of salvation.

Danoh

Who is arguing against that?

You mentioned you no longer believe in osas (not that I care for tha phrase, as I prefer the phrase "the eternal security of the Believer").

Normally; when a person states they do not, or no longer believe in "osas" they are asserting their belief in something they have to continually do or lose their salvation.

Note that I am actually exploring these issues with you, sharing my own understanding at the same time - in contrast to the works based baiting of some - who ask a thing only to rant on about how you failed some fool test of theirs.

I belong to no club. None.

It is only after a person continues to be one sided that I begin to dismiss them, and even then, on a post by post basis.

Where I find I agree, I have no problem acknowledging said post or said part of it.

If you want to lump me in with some "one size fits all" that is on you - I am too curious about how people process things and or where each is coming from , to allow such an attitude to completely close me off from what I might learn from another's words on one thing or another, no matter how often I might disagree with them on one point or another.

It's your loss, not mine.

Besides, neither you, nor I, are the issue.

Rather, the following is...ALONE...

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Danoh

You mean you believe one has to continue to believe; is that it?

If so, then no; we would not be on the same page on that.

Which is where exploring each's understandings comes in.

Animosity has no place in that; and is in fact a hindrance.

andyc

You mean you believe one has to continue to believe; is that it?

If so, then no; we would not be on the same page on that.

Which is where exploring each's understandings comes in.

Animosity has no place in that; and is in fact a hindrance.

Ok

So you think that a person who once believed, could become an atheist, and still be saved?

Danoh

Yeah I'm wondering if they think there are any atheists in heaven.

I doubt he was agreeing with your basic misunderstanding that "one must keep on believing; in order to STAY saved."

In fact, I know he does not.

But that is his one size fits all manner - it spills into his replies to others - the result being that few end up knowing who's post he was actually addressing.

That is Interplanner - one size fits all Bible; one size fits all posters :chuckle:

andyc

I doubt he was agreeing with your basic misunderstanding that "one must keep on believing; in order to STAY saved."

In fact, I know he does not.

But that is his one size fits all manner - it spills into his replies to others - the result being that few end up knowing who's post he was actually addressing.

That is Interplanner - one size fits all Bible; one size fits all posters :chuckle:

Well I don't frequent this site enough these days to keep on top of new members, including you. But i think he was clear about the issue of faith and salvation. What else he believes, I'll have to find out.

Danoh

Well I don't frequent this site enough these days to keep on top of new members, including you. But i think he was clear about the issue of faith and salvation. What else he believes, I'll have to find out.

Fair enough...