What Did Paul Know?

allsmiles

Bright Raven said:
You still haven't established your credibility. What the book says? Hardly. As an ex-Christian, friend, you attack God's Word as
who? The intellectual skeptical philosopher au natural?

and like i said, i don't understand what you want from me.

never claimed to be an intellectual either. and you're a skeptic too, you're skeptical of anything that challenges your notions, but even a skeptic must be skeptical of his skepticism.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bright Raven said:
The rest of your post is meaningless until you answer the question. Establish your credibilty as a ex-Christian.

:rotfl:

Credibility as an ex-Christian? Excuse me, but what the hell kind of question is that?:darwinsm:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
and like i said, i don't understand what you want from me.

never claimed to be an intellectual either. and you're a skeptic too, you're skeptical of anything that challenges your notions, but even a skeptic must be skeptical of his skepticism.

Neither am I an intellectual. Let"s not play role reversal here friend. I'm not the one who is critical or doubtful of the Word of God, You are. Let's keep that point clear.

allsmiles

Bright Raven said:
Neither am I an intellectual. Let"s not play role reversal here friend. I'm not the one who is critical or doubtful of the Word of God, You are. Let's keep that point clear.

i'm glad something's clear because you still haven't told me how one goes about establishing his credibility as an "ex-christian".

let me ask something as an aside... if you did give me specific criteria for establishing my ex-christian credibility, would you accept my opinions as valid then, or are you trying to get me to chase my tail?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
i'm glad something's clear because you still haven't told me how one goes about establishing his credibility as an "ex-christian".

let me ask something as an aside... if you did give me specific criteria for establishing my ex-christian credibility, would you accept my opinions as valid then, or are you trying to get me to chase my tail?

Simple, For a start, how long were you one? Second, a little more difficult, what you do to become one in the first place?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Great. Now Raven will determine if we "really" were "Christians" based on Q&A.

Buddy, this pretentious, arrogant, self-righteous BS is offensive in the extreme. You want a frickin' resume of my faith, or smiles's faith? Go bend yourself.

allsmiles

Bright Raven said:
Simple, For a start, how long were you one? Second, a little more difficult, what you do to become one in the first place?

how long was i a christian? since as far back as i can remember (3 or 4) to the age of 20. i am now 22. my father and mother raised me on the bible, by the time i was 10 i had a comprehensive understanding of post-mill, pre-mill and a-mill eschatology and was scripturally knowledgable in calvinistic and armenian soteriology. by the time i rejected christianity i was able to not only argue pre-destination and election against free-will but i could also debate mormons on their "heresy" and defend reconstructionism on the basis of the dominion mandate.

i'm not a dummy, BR, i used to eat this stuff for breakfast.

what do i do to become an ex? is that your second question?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
Great. Now Raven will determine if we "really" were "Christians" based on Q&A.

Buddy, this pretentious, arrogant, self-righteous BS is offensive in the extreme. You want a frickin' resume of my faith, or smiles's faith? Go bend yourself.
My,My hostile and defensive? Common courtesy isn't your best suit. First, I didn't ask you. AllSmiles doesn't have to answer if he doesn't care to. Have a nice day

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bright Raven said:
My,My hostile and defensive? Common courtesy isn't your best suit. First, I didn't ask you. AllSmiles doesn't have to answer if he doesn't care to. Have a nice day

I don't really give a hoot in hell who finds me offensive or courteous. Good manners are deserved, not a right.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
how long was i a christian? since as far back as i can remember (3 or 4) to the age of 20. i am now 22. my father and mother raised me on the bible, by the time i was 10 i had a comprehensive understanding of post-mill, pre-mill and a-mill eschatology and was scripturally knowledgable in calvinistic and armenian soteriology. by the time i rejected christianity i was able to not only argue pre-destination and election against free-will but i could also debate mormons on their "heresy" and defend reconstructionism on the basis of the dominion mandate.

i'm not a dummy, BR, i used to eat this stuff for breakfast.

what do i do to become an ex? is that your second question?

Thank You AllSmiles, Yes, that was my second question. I have an appointment to go to. I will get back with you.

paulpeterson83

BANNED
Banned
Bright Raven said:

I'm sorry to butt in, but I've been following this line of questioning with some interest. As a Christian this is very interesting to me. Raven, you dont know these men do you? You know nothing of their past, you know nothing of what their faith was. No man knows another mans heart. And only the Lord can determine this. You should be ashamed as a Christian for this line of questions, so far all you have done is make your self look foolish. You'll notice your the only Christian asking these men to validify their "ex-Christian" credentials.

It is not the place of some random inqusitor to grill them on what their previous faith was. Allsmiles has detailed what his faith was, from what he said he seemed pretty deep in it. Admitedly, he more then likely knows more then I do in the school of theological thought. You have yet to even offer a semi-inteligent reason for them to give you an answer.

Fore shame.

allsmiles

Bright Raven said:
Thank You AllSmiles, Yes, that was my second question. I have an appointment to go to. I will get back with you.

i better not sink my teeth into a big ol' mouth full of tail BR:rolleyes: i just healed from having it get stomped on not too long ago:chuckle:

how did i become an ex...:think:

i started reading.

i read books about mithra (Manfred Clauss wrote an excellent book that i recommend, he delves into the archaeological realm, rather than the theological one that Ulanssey centered on) i read gnostic gospels (Islamic texts, the Gospel of Thomas, etc.) i read books about the history of the church, about the councils that organized the canon. i read books by Doherty and Pagels and Acharya S. which were all very enlightening and helped me develop a very unique view of christianity until i grew to the point where i could no longer call myself a christian.

Aimiel

Granite said:
"Buddy, this pretentious, arrogant, self-righteous BS is offensive in the extreme. You want a *** resume of my faith, or smiles's faith? Go bend yourself.
He said, pretentiously, arrogantly and self-righteously. You should expect to be treated the way you treat others, it's the law of reciprocity: whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aimiel said:
He said, pretentiously, arrogantly and self-righteously. You should expect to be treated the way you treat others, it's the law of reciprocity: whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

What's with the asterisks? I didn't use profanity at all. Not following you here.

Aimiel

Granite said:
What's with the asterisks? I didn't use profanity at all. Not following you here.
As a parent, I don't approve of TV (or anyone else) using code to hide curse words. I don't believe that is what the airwaves are for, and won't repeat someone else's cursing, even 'coded' cursing. I was told not to let corrupt communication proceed from my mouth (read: keyboard).

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aimiel said:
As a parent, I don't approve of TV (or anyone else) using code to hide curse words. I don't believe that is what the airwaves are for, and won't repeat someone else's cursing, even 'coded' cursing. I was told not to let corrupt communication proceed from my mouth (read: keyboard).

Then you're more uptight than I thought. Knock yourself out.