• Tennis

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Regardless if you are a sports fan or not which sports do you enjoy watching or participating in the most?

Cracked

Regardless if you are a sports fan or not which sports do you enjoy watching or participating in the most?

I love to watch MMA and pro American football (to a slightly lesser extent). Matter of fact, I'll be catching Ultimate Fighter on Wednesday and it will be Kimbo's first fight of the season (Go Kimbo!). I'm psyched.

There are other sports that I think I would be a fan of if they got any sort of coverage at all - power lifting and eastern fencing for example. As far as participation, I am going to start amateur sumo soon. In November, a heavyweight champion is going to teach me the basics.

Aimiel

While I love tennis, it is MUCH more fun to play than watch, and having raced my own car, watching racing is fun, though nowhere NEAR as much fun as participating, even as a turn marshall; but having played football in grade school and high school, I can say that football is more fun to watch than play... especially an NFL game, in person!!! :thumb:

nicholsmom

I love to watch football - and play when there are enough people to make a game (rare).

I love strength training/weight lifting. I am the regional champion in women's bench press, in fact. I'll go for state champion next march with one meet coming up next month.

GuySmiley

My answers would be vastly different if the poll was to 'watch' only or to 'play' only. But I answered both. Golf, tennis, and volleyball are all fun to play, but I can't watch them.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To watch: football, hockey, volleyball, gymnastics, and figure skating (ice dancing/skating)
To play: baseball, swimming, volleyball, and once in a while bowling

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you have to be careful talking about religion and politics

talking about sports is almost as safe as talking about the weather

elohiym

Football and soccer are fun to watch. Hockey, too.

Skiing is fun to do.

Why'd you leave off UFC? :box:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MMA is by far my favorite to watch. UFC now. Pride FC when they were still around.
Then football, though I rarely get a chance to watch.
I like watching tennis and golf, but won't take the time to do so unless there's just nothing else for me to do.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Watch: football and baseball, sometimes gulf and fishing shows
I once played baseball, swimming, scuba diving, volleyball, bowling, gulf, ocean fishing, bass fishing and hunting.
Oh yes, I participated in auto racing too, but that is how I was hurt and tend to forget it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
martial arts too but not as a sport, more a discipline; I never competed in martial arts, thus not a sport. I have competed in fishing tournaments, but not hunting, so that is not a sport. I played on an amateur baseball team and in golf a few times.

nicholsmom

Mixed martial arts.
Basically Kickboxing, wrestling, and jujitsu combined. Sometimes there are other disciplines thrown in, but those are the basics.

So to view this sport, you go where? Is it on your TV? I've never seen it on TV - but then I only get about 10 channels :noid: But the price is right :thumb:

Cracked

So to view this sport, you go where? Is it on your TV? I've never seen it on TV - but then I only get about 10 channels :noid: But the price is right :thumb:

Well, it is generally pay per view, at least the most notable league the UFC. You can catch some of the bouts on the channel Spike. If you youtube MMA or UFC you probably can see some of the fights.

mike.obrien56

martial arts too but not as a sport, more a discipline; I never competed in martial arts, thus not a sport. I have competed in fishing tournaments, but not hunting, so that is not a sport. I played on an amateur baseball team and in golf a few times.

i wouldn't count golf as a sport, either. anything that old fat men can play well shouldn't count.