What Are You Listening To Now VII

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Congratulations to the latest Nobel Prize for Literature recipient!

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow

Magical.

Thanks for posting that video, what a treat.

PureX

So, … the CMA awards show was it's usual corn-ball banality fest. The audio quality was awful, though it rarely mattered since the content was absurdly predictable. As it nearly always is in pop "country music" land. Tim McGraw's "Humble And Kind" was almost a momentary light in the otherwise sea of banality except that they just couldn't resist haming it all up with pictures of kitties and puppies and minorities that they wouldn't likely have let in the door of the place. And of course the ever mandatory vestal virgins holding the white candles. Good song, but a corn-ball presentation, and lousy audio.

The big "controversy" and highlight of the show was, as usual, to bring in someone famous from some OTHER genre of music to lend credibility to the always esteem-craving country crowd. And this year it was Beyonce.

I liked her funked up homage to the ignorant redneck fantasy world that nearly all country music must now worship and espouse, but the show's audio was so bad it was actually difficult to hear what was going on, musically. And Beyonce's dress was so absurd and unflattering that it was hard to take her seriously. But then all those bizarre Barbee dresses that the "women of country" wear are absurd, unflattering, and comical, regardless of the content of the song they sing in them.

I was genuinely surprised to see the Dixie Chicks performing with Beyonce, as if having a black woman singing on their stage wasn't enough of a shock for the angry white country-land fans. I figured the Chicks had been condemned to hell for all eternity by that crowd.

Anyway, here they are if you missed it:

Needless to say, the racists of "country-land" immediately went ballistic and began spewing insults all over twitter, talk radio, and the internet. But what else is new?

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So, … the CMA awards show was it's usual corn-ball banality fest. The audio quality was awful, though it rarely mattered since the content was absurdly predictable. As it nearly always is in pop "country music" land. Tim McGraw's "Humble And Kind" was almost a momentary light in the otherwise sea of banality except that they just couldn't resist haming it all up with pictures of kitties and puppies and minorities that they wouldn't likely have let in the door of the place. And of course the ever mandatory vestal virgins holding the white candles. Good song, but a corn-ball presentation, and lousy audio.

The big "controversy" and highlight of the show was, as usual, to bring in someone famous from some OTHER genre of music to lend credibility to the always esteem-craving country crowd. And this year it was Beyonce.

I liked her funked up homage to the ignorant redneck fantasy world that nearly all country music must now worship and espouse, but the show's audio was so bad it was actually difficult to hear what was going on, musically. And Beyonce's dress was so absurd and unflattering that it was hard to take her seriously. But then all those bizarre Barbee dresses that the "women of country" wear are absurd, unflattering, and comical, regardless of the content of the song they sing in them.

I was genuinely surprised to see the Dixie Chicks performing with Beyonce, as if having a black woman singing on their stage wasn't enough of a shock for the angry white country-land fans. I figured the Chicks had been condemned to hell for all eternity by that crowd.

Anyway, here they are if you missed it:

Needless to say, the racists of "country-land" immediately went ballistic and began spewing insults all over twitter, talk radio, and the internet. But what else is new?

Its not 'racist' to think beyonce sucks and has nothing to do with country music.