What Are You Listening to Now VI

dreadknought

:BRAVO:

I was just blown away by these kids, just like this song blew me away in 1992, a new release aired on the radio station in Bloomington. Wow, thank you God.

dreadknought

I have been regularly checking Riverside's official site, after they said they were going to do some extended touring. I read today that Mike Portnoy's Progressive Nation is respawning on the high seas with Spock's Beard, Riverside and others. That would be an interesting boat trip. Then there's Riverside shows in the UK and Scotland in April, I wonder which of the 3 would be more enjoyable. :chuckle:

Riverside

dreadknought

During my freshman year in high school, I heard this song on the school intercom system, while in the orchestra room, practicing, alone. Ever so often, the station that the office listened to changed, as would my appreciation of differing forms of music over the years. :D

The Zoo

dreadknought

Hey DS :wave: I've wondered often why in this thread (the WAYLTN series that is) why TOLers haven't shared different moments with music. I've tried to share some lately, it goes to who the poster is, imo.

I didn't get to really date in high school until my Junior/Senior year, and I had to grasp that part for myself. I played in a chamber orchestra that travelled quite a bit around 1983-85. We took the bus, and I nearly always sat alone, listening to music. On a trip in 84, I was listening to Rush Subdivisions and this red headed violin player sat next to me and wanted to listen to the Cars, Drive. :chuckle: We never worked out, except for my appreciation for Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Moments.

Rush

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

doloresistere

Yeah, it would be cool to share personal moments. It depends how much a person wants to divulge. Looking back on those years, I was extremely confused and had a distorted perception of reality. I can watch movies again from those years and feel like I understand them for the first time, like they didn't make sense the first time around.

dreadknought

Looking back, all things were perfect, the lesson in this case, for me in this particular love interest, the reflection is 20/20. :thumb:

dreadknought

The first time I heard Pat Metheny was when a violin player shared with me As Wichita Falls, rubbing my back @ college.... stress :noid:. Her name was Grace. Moments.

Pat Metheny