Were the Pyramids made out of concrete?

Vern Reed

BANNED
Banned
I have no problem believing in advanced technology before our time. Catastrophes can see whole groups of people wiped out, and as such if our sorry arses were wiped out and only a few hairdressers remained, it would take time to get back to some technological equivalent. I'm not too sure how long it would take for nature to wipe out lots of signs of our passing, but i'm sure she has many ways to cover up what came before. The difference here though is that I have a belief that there were several if not many such catastrophes, not just the Biblical flood. Therefore we have to try and preserve something for after the next big balls-up so that we don't slip back into superstition and religion to try and balance what happened to our previous generations to cause such catastrophes (i.e., that they were sinners, disobedient, etc.)

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Vern Reed said:
I have no problem believing in advanced technology before our time. Catastrophes can see whole groups of people wiped out, and as such if our sorry arses were wiped out and only a few hairdressers remained, it would take time to get back to some technological equivalent. I'm not too sure how long it would take for nature to wipe out lots of signs of our passing, but i'm sure she has many ways to cover up what came before. The difference here though is that I have a belief that there were several if not many such catastrophes, not just the Biblical flood. Therefore we have to try and preserve something for after the next big balls-up so that we don't slip back into superstition and religion to try and balance what happened to our previous generations to cause such catastrophes (i.e., that they were sinners, disobedient, etc.)

Unfortunately most of the records of past civilizations were lost when the Library at Alexandria burned, but fortunately a prince of Egypt had previously collected and edited some of that material into a book we all have access to today.

That prince of course was known by the Israelites by his Hebrew name of Moses.

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
bob b, are you going to address the ridiculousness of this article, claiming that 'evolutionists' don't believe that the Pyramids were made by man? And that the pyramids 'disprove' evolution?

supersport

AIG: New evidence regarding the advanced technology evident in the ancient Egyptian pyramids is consistent with the Bible’s account of history. The evolutionary model of the history of early man presents man as an ignorant primitive gradually acquiring intellectual skills and technology.

Johnny said:
What a blatant strawman.

Why would this be a strawman? I realize Johnny is unavailable at the moment, but maybe somebody else? Evolutionists, do indeed believe that humans evolved ffrom apes....this would require some sort of intellectual ascent.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheLaughingMan said:
bob b, are you going to address the ridiculousness of this article, claiming that 'evolutionists' don't believe that the Pyramids were made by man? And that the pyramids 'disprove' evolution?

The reason I posted a link to the article was because it talked about scientific investigations that pointed toward at least some of the stones we find in the pyramids being artificial and cast. Some of them fit together so accurately that it is hard to see how they could have been made using the "chisel method". This is also true of some of the ancient stone constructions found in the mountains of South America, only more so, because the stones are not cubic shaped in nature but are irregular, yet fit together so tightly that they require no mortar. Scientists have speculated that this can only mean that they were soft when first put into place and thus the plasticity allowed them to be "squeezed" into position, thus conforming to their neighbors as tightly as seen today.

I don't necessarily endorse any other thoughts in the article I linked to, because it was the artificial stone aspect that was my main interest and the reason I posted the link..

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
supersport said:
AIG: New evidence regarding the advanced technology evident in the ancient Egyptian pyramids is consistent with the Bible’s account of history. The evolutionary model of the history of early man presents man as an ignorant primitive gradually acquiring intellectual skills and technology.

Why would this be a strawman? I realize Johnny is unavailable at the moment, but maybe somebody else? Evolutionists, do indeed believe that humans evolved ffrom apes....this would require some sort of intellectual ascent.

supersport, this is a strawman because 'the evolutionary model' doesn't say that Egyptians are 'primitive', it doesn't postulate at all about the technological prowess of civilizations of humans. She is creating a false position that is easy to knock-down. You must be able to see this...even bob b admits as much.

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
bob b said:
The reason I posted a link to the article was because it talked about scientific investigations that pointed toward at least some of the stones we find in the pyramids being artificial and cast. Some of them fit together so accurately that it is hard to see how they could have been made using the "chisel method". This is also true of some of the ancient stone constructions found in the mountains of South America, only more so, because the stones are not cubic shaped in nature but are irregular, yet fit together so tightly that they require no mortar. Scientists have speculated that this can only mean that they were soft when first put into place and thus the plasticity allowed them to be "squeezed" into position, thus conforming to their neighbors as tightly as seen today.

I don't necessarily endorse any other thoughts in the article I linked to, because it was the artificial stone aspect that was my main interest and the reason I posted the link..

Fair enough, it's just hard to stomach an article that starts like that, though the references check out. I've always been fascinated how technology can become 'lost' like it has so often in history.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheLaughingMan said:
supersport, this is a strawman because 'the evolutionary model' doesn't say that Egyptians are 'primitive', it doesn't postulate at all about the technological prowess of civilizations of humans. She is creating a false position that is easy to knock-down. You must be able to see this...even bob b admits as much.

Actually I didn't "admit" anything other than my main interest was in artificial stones.

And there was also a motive behind this, which was that evolutionists are always talking about cavemen and goatherders, and being able to cast stones artificially points toward the ancients being far more advanced than that.

Of course the evolutionary model doesn't specifically address Egyptians, but the mindset of evolution is slow and gradual change, so the adoption of this idea in our culture naturally is reflected all the time in depictions of the ancients as being "beneath" us moderns.

Makes everybody feel so good and so "advanced" that the US went to the Moon, even though 99.9% of the population had absolutely nothing to do with it.

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
bob b said:
Actually I didn't "admit" anything other than my main interest was in artificial stones.

And there was also a motive behind this, which was that evolutionists are always talking about cavemen and goatherders, and being able to cast stones artificially points toward the ancients being far more advanced than that.

Of course the evolutionary model doesn't specifically address Egyptians, but the mindset of evolution is slow and gradual change, so the adoption of this idea in our culture naturally is reflected all the time in depictions of the ancients as being "beneath" us moderns.

Makes everybody feel so good and so "advanced" that the US went to the Moon, even though 99.9% of the population had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Will you admit the strawman argument exists?

Real Sorceror

Gerald said:
Sorry, cm, but I'll be impressed by ancient technology when some archaeologist digs up a fusion reactor or an anti-gravity platform or a laser weapon.
.....I always thought windmills and ballistas where kinda impressive. :noid:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Maybe my standards are just too high; perhaps I've been jaded by an understanding of elementary physics, engineering, and project management.

It ain't difficult, people!

carolus magnus

Emperor of the Known Universe
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gerald said:
Bad selection, that. AiG is notorious for being full of feces of the male bovine.

Just because you disagree with something and it threatens your world view doesn't mean it has no merit. You should appreciate that in addition to challenging evolutionary science, AiG also goes to great lengths to stop creationists from using demonstrably false arguments.

Real Sorceror

carolus magnus said:
Just because you disagree with something and it threatens your world view doesn't mean it has no merit. You should appreciate that in addition to challenging evolutionary science, AiG also goes to great lengths to stop creationists from using demonstrably false arguments.
No, seriously. AiG really does lie and fabricate things. I'm not saying everything they say is a lie, but they are not above creating false information.
I'm not telling you this out of any malicious intent or personal ignorance. The Answersingenesis staff really are shameless liars.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
carolus magnus said:
Just because you disagree with something and it threatens your world view doesn't mean it has no merit.
AiG hardly threatens my worldview; the only thing that could do that is a verifiable manifestation of magical or psychic effects or entities. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.
You should appreciate that in addition to challenging evolutionary science, AiG also goes to great lengths to stop creationists from using demonstrably false arguments.
You misspelled "making themselves look like complete boneheads".

billwald

A wood ship the claimed size of the ark would break up from its own weight in a seaway. Wood has insufficient tensile strength.