WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF

Aimiel

Boris Johnson wasn't actually sick with Corona: he just felt like throwing up every time he looked in the mirror, until he got the haircut. :aimiel:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Boris Johnson wasn't actually sick with Corona: he just felt like throwing up every time he looked in the mirror, until he got the haircut. :aimiel:

I really shouldn't say anything - gave myself a haircut in the mirror with a pair of scissors last week because my shagginess was driving me crazy - with my hat on it looks great! :)

With my hat off, it looks like I gave myself a haircut in the mirror with a pair of scissors :eek:

God's Truth

I really shouldn't say anything - gave myself a haircut in the mirror with a pair of scissors last week because my shagginess was driving me crazy - with my hat on it looks great! :)

With my hat off, it looks like I gave myself a haircut in the mirror with a pair of scissors :eek:

I learned a long time ago not to be tempted to cut my own hair. It's easy though if you don't mind clippers and a number 2.

ok doser

I learned a long time ago not to be tempted to cut my own hair. It's easy though if you don't mind clippers and a number 2.

my default was a shaved head - figured I could manage that if I had to

I think my last haircut was back in November - I was long overdue

chair

chinese communist party lie and the W.H.O. believed them

had the W.H.O. listened to Taiwan instead of the CCP most of this pandemic could have been avoided
Taiwan knew in December it could transmit human to human and told the W.H.O. and the W.H.O. ignored them.

Taiwan has 393 cases and 6 deaths and a population of 23million on a small island

from your link , I still call it the wuhan .

The government only instituted a lockdown in Wuhan on January 23—seven weeks after the virus first appeared. As events in Italy, the United States, Spain, and France have shown, quite a lot can happen in a week, much less seven. By then, mayor Zhou Xianwang admitted that more than 5 million people had already left Wuhan.

Interesting. Was Taiwan's response kept secret from the rest of the world?
What about the US embassy in Taiwan? Didn't they report what was going on?

chair

no , still isn't a secret and is only great in hindsight

probably

There is no US embassy in Taiwan. The US only has a second level diplomatic relationship with Taiwan. Just like the vast majority of countries. and the WHO.

way 2 go

There is no US embassy in Taiwan. The US only has a second level diplomatic relationship with Taiwan. Just like the vast majority of countries. and the WHO.

had the W.H.O. listened to Taiwan instead of the CCP most of this pandemic could have been avoided
Taiwan knew in December it could transmit human to human and told the W.H.O. and the W.H.O. ignored them.

ok doser

Incredibly, my Governor has finally realized that NYC buses and subway trains are areas of transmission risk and need attention

So any better warning from an effective WHO may not have made a difference

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
:think: how did we avoid sars becoming a pandemic ?

SARS-CoV is not as easily transmitted as CoV-2: "Available information suggests that persons with SARS are most likely to be contagious only when they have symptoms, such as fever or cough. Patients are most contagious during the second week of illness." -- https://www.cdc.gov/sars/about/faq.html

Simply put, SARS-CoV-2 is much more contagious than SARS-CoV.

way 2 go

SARS-CoV is not as easily transmitted as CoV-2: "Available information suggests that persons with SARS are most likely to be contagious only when they have symptoms, such as fever or cough. Patients are most contagious during the second week of illness." -- https://www.cdc.gov/sars/about/faq.html

Simply put, SARS-CoV-2 is much more contagious than SARS-CoV.

SARS The basic reproduction number of SARS-CoV, R0, ranges from 2 to 4 depending on different analyses. Control measures introduced in April 2003 reduced the R to 0.4

SARS-CoV-2 April 07, 2020 calculated a much higher median R0 value of 5.7

God's Truth

Can you believe it that an app is being worked on that will tell you when you are near someone who has the corona virus?

What idiot would sign up and tell the app they have the corona virus?

Arthur Brain

Can you believe it that an app is being worked on that will tell you when you are near someone who has the corona virus?

What idiot would sign up and tell the app they have the corona virus?

Considering the amount of lunacy that's apparent on here at present it's not that surprising at all unfortunately...