WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF

chair

:thumb:

btw, NY is a democrat controlled state as well, but my part of upstate is solidly red.

we didn't need to be told to wash our hands :)

So, your overall message is:
Republicans are True Americans, have good hygiene habits, and won't get much of this corona thing.
Democrats, especially ones who live in places like NYC, aren't True Americans, have lousy hygiene, and us True Americans don't care about them. They're about the same as foreigners- who we certainly don't care about.

Did I get this right?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So, your overall message is:
Republicans are True Americans,

yeah baby! :banana:

have good hygiene habits

well, not in the south

, and won't get much of this corona thing.

i'd love to see an analysis, after this is all over, of infection rates by political affiliation, an analysis that looks at individual cases

Democrats, especially ones who live in places like NYC, aren't True Americans

especially places like NYC :thumb:

, have lousy hygiene,

well, i certainly wouldn't touch one without gloves on

and us True Americans don't care about them.

oh, we care about them. Same way we care about willful children who won't eat their vegetables, make their rooms, wash their hands ....

They're about the same as foreigners- who we certainly don't care about.

i care about Canadians

not Quebeckers so much

the Finns are OK, too, especially the Sami

Did I get this right?

some of it

ok doser

Steven explains everything wrong with the World Health Organization and how they have completely mishandled the COVID response.

7:47 World Health Organization response to Taiwan

the Taiwanese banned ALL Chinese visitors on Feb. 6 ????

that's racist!

7:47 World Health Organization response to Taiwan

"I couldn't hear your question I don't want to answer. Next question?"

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
... because we had:

34,157 deaths from flu in 2018-2019 and the world didn't end
61,000 deaths from flu in 2017-2018 and the world didn't end
38,000 deaths from flu in 2016-2017 and the world didn't end
23,000 deaths from flu in 2015-2016 and the world didn't end
51,000 deaths from flu in 2014-2015 and the world didn't end
38,000 deaths from flu in 2013-2014 and the world didn't end
43,000 deaths from flu in 2012-2013 and the world didn't end

when this is over, I suspect we will find that the world hasn't ended

again

Nope the world will not have ended. But what is your point with this post?
This is not the flu, despite the earlier suggestions from DJT and Rush and other right wing media medical experts. It appears very contagious, some people get really, really sick. The numbers overwhelmed hospital systems in big cities. My daughter works in a 450 bed NYC hospital, there are covid patients everywhere, ICUs set up everywhere.
Docs understand the flu and we have a vaccine the usually works well. Docs still do not understand all the nasty mechanisms of this virus nor is there a vaccine.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
There still are no public testing sites.

My wife and I got it. She brought it home from work. I got it a week after my wife. but I had seen how sick she was so I took massive doses of echinacea, goldenseal, vitamin c, garlic, vitamin d3, zinc, and ate foods known to have antiviral properties. My wife did the same only she didn't take large quantities of the supplements. I was over it in a week. My wife missed 3 weeks of work and didn't get better until she started taking the same dosages of supplements I did. When she did, she got well within less than a week.

In NYC the only time you get tested is if you show up at a hospital sick enough to be admitted. There is a lack of test equipment.

Foods with known anti viral properties. Such as? And how do you know they have antiviral properties?

ok doser

Nope the world will not have ended. But what is your point with this post?

it was a response to chair's sarcastic "everything will be just fine"

This is not the flu, despite the earlier suggestions from DJT and Rush and other right wing media medical experts.

If you say so. I don't listen to DJT or Rush or other right wing media medical experts

It appears very contagious, some people get really, really sick. The numbers overwhelmed hospital systems in big cities. My daughter works in a 450 bed NYC hospital, there are covid patients everywhere, ICUs set up everywhere.

Cuomo and deBlasio recommended restrictions on gatherings of 50 people at one point, and then progressively fewer

Those recommendations were enthusiastically ignored by many idiot millennials in NYC (and San Francisco, I believe), who were posting to social media boasting of attending raves and parties and I don't remember what else and pooh-poohing the idea that they were putting us all at risk.

As it turns out, they were putting the most vulnerable of us at risk. I have sympathy for those vulnerable who are now paying for the reckless behavior of the idiots I saw on social media celebrating their defiance of recommendations.

Docs understand the flu and we have a vaccine the usually works well. Docs still do not understand all the nasty mechanisms of this virus nor is there a vaccine.

been there, done that

got the t-shirt

way 2 go

I like the folk, out in the country, especially the older ones

the city folk? Montrealers? no thanks

I work with two of em ,one is stand up guy and the other I would not miss if he quit.

Quebeck is a drain on the canadian economy and is why I don't like em
but they have the wuhan bad because they don't listen, they don't think, like NYC
actions have consequences

Gary K

Banned
There majority of Americans may be exposed to CONVIR-19 but the strategy has always been to reduce the number of patients at any given time to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed!

South Korea is the textbook example as how to deal with a pandemic - in stark contrast to Italy where the mortality rate has been over 10% at times because it was slow in reacting to the crisis allowing the healthcare system to be overwhelmed with access to ventilators rationed!

To place a timeline on the length of this pandemic is strictly a politically decision, not a medical one!

I have to laugh at this comment. South Korea was the first nation to use the hydroxychloroquine regimen for treating coronavirus patients. That is one of the sources for Dr. Zelenko's evidence for his treatment. And if you will look at the statistics SK has approximately the same number of infections as Italy but far, far fewer deaths. Their death rate started collapsing after they started with the equivalent of Zelenko's treatment regimen. Bet your trusted buddies in the mockingbird media will never tell you that. They have actively suppressed this knowledge. Oh, you guys believe such trustworthy sources. People who really care about you and your health.

Gary K

Banned
In NYC the only time you get tested is if you show up at a hospital sick enough to be admitted. There is a lack of test equipment.

Foods with known anti viral properties. Such as? And how do you know they have antiviral properties?

I do something called reading on a wide range of subjects. I can't help it if you don't. Not my problem.

Gary K

Banned
yeah baby! :banana:

well, not in the south

i'd love to see an analysis, after this is all over, of infection rates by political affiliation, an analysis that looks at individual cases

especially places like NYC :thumb:

well, i certainly wouldn't touch one without gloves on

oh, we care about them. Same way we care about willful children who won't eat their vegetables, make their rooms, wash their hands ....

i care about Canadians

not Quebeckers so much

the Finns are OK, too, especially the Sami

some of it

You must like really independent people who think for themselves rather than just allowing someone else to think for them. I've known a lot of Finns being I am one.

Gary K

Banned
What we really need is a dictatorship. That will cure any and all infectious diseases. No liberty and total government control are the one and only treatment for coronavirus. Just ask China.

Arthur Brain

I have a feeling Nixon is looking up from the grave saying “Finally!”

Trump is the most corrupt, unfit and intentionally evil POTUS to ever disgrace the office. The history books will not be kind. If only the justice system could be fast forwarded to when he is out of office.

One of the most dangerous parts of the pandemic is the lack of leadership and credibility.

Here's one of his latest doozies:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-suggests-doctors-complain-lack-141500750.html