WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
A glimpse into the liberal mind

China imprisons a million ethnic Uighers in "re-education camps" in northern China in the middle of winter - men, women, children, elderly, newborn

Liberal response:

MSM reports that four or five Asian-Americans are called mean words on social media by retards, MSM attempts to link it to Trump's "racism"

Liberal response:

eider

Any type of racial, gender, religious, age or any other type of hatred of human beings is error and sin; as is worry, fear and doubt.

Absolutely.
The UK's Equality Act of 2010 has an even larger list of groups at risk from harassment, victimisation, exclusion etc.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The UK's Equality Act of 2010 has an even larger list of groups at risk from harassment, victimisation, exclusion etc.

Your Act is fascist and is used to jail good people. Like most extremist laws, they slap a sweet label on the hidden poison.

Britain is becoming more and more fascist every day.

eider

Keeping the world safe from nazi-saluting pug dogs?

That Act is for the UK, not the World.
That's probably why you couldn't think of a way to redirect any issue about it to the other side of the World, like you did earlier.
............ getting to know you........ :wave2:

God's Truth

To make a point that Asian Americans are good people is essential at this time. We have had to deterr race bigotry against Asians as well.
Obviously it isn't a great idea to call this virus the Chinese Virus.

That is wrong to call it racist or to be offended by it. Many diseases are even named after men who discover a certain condition or disease.

ok doser

That is wrong to call it racist or to be offended by it. Many diseases are even named after men who discover a certain condition or disease.

Lyme disease is a constant concern up here, and I don't believe I've ever heard anybody blame people from Connecticut

eider

If there are bad people who would attack innocent Asians because there is a pandemic being called Chinese Flu, why would you want to keep calling it that, when it is really covid-19?

Why?

If you were an at risk Asian In America, what would you think?

God's Truth

Funny part about the Spanish flu is: it is believed to have started in the United States of America, in Kansas. The Spanish were the only people whose news wasn't censored during WWI and so the local news around the world often quoted statistics and other news regarding the flu outbreak from Spain; hence: it became known as, "The Spanish Flu."

"There have been statements that the epidemic originated in the United States. Historian Alfred W. Crosby stated in 2003 that the flu originated in Kansas, and popular author John Barry described Haskell County, Kansas, as the point of origin in his 2004 article. It has also been stated by historian Santiago Mata in 2017 that, by late 1917, there had already been a first wave of the epidemic in at least 14 US military camps." -- Wikipedia article: Spanish Flu

I think that it is wrong when people try to say it was from the US just as an attack on us.

God's Truth

If there are bad people who would attack innocent Asians because there is a pandemic being called Chinese Flu, why would you want to keep calling it that, when it is really covid-19?

Why?

I think it is fake news.

eider

Your Act is fascist and is used to jail good people. Like most extremist laws, they slap a sweet label on the hidden poison.

Britain is becoming more and more fascist every day.

It would be best if you would Google the word fascist.
learn something.

ok doser

If there are bad people who would attack innocent Asians because there is a pandemic being called Chinese Flu ...

... then there are bad people who don't really need a reason to attack innocent Asians

, why would you want to keep calling it that ...

The Chinese government bears the responsibilty for mismanaging this in the beginning. They own it.

well, as long as I wasn't a retarded at risk Asian In America, I might think that I was at risk from bad people who don't need a reason to wish ill upon me

And I might think that I'm glad I'm an American where I can carry concealed to deal with those bad people

ok doser

Lyme is a town in Connecticut.

By the way, where does anyone get that someone is to blame?

According to CNN, there are roving gangs of racists with MAGA hats searching out asian people and attacking them by the thousands, in every state and city of the nation, because they heard Trump's dog whistle and are responding

According to Fox News, three or four asian-americans had swear words flung at them on twitter that may or may not have been linked to Trump's use of Chinese Flu

Now, choose which one to believe. :)

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
That is what Trump is saying now.
Trump is getting ready to stop the great efforts.
There is probably no other way around it?
Why not 15 more days, for the sake of having our older people with preexisting illness have a little bit more of a chance?
There majority of Americans may be exposed to CONVIR-19 but the strategy has always been to reduce the number of patients at any given time to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed!

South Korea is the textbook example as how to deal with a pandemic - in stark contrast to Italy where the mortality rate has been over 10% at times because it was slow in reacting to the crisis allowing the healthcare system to be overwhelmed with access to ventilators rationed!

To place a timeline on the length of this pandemic is strictly a politically decision, not a medical one!

Last edited:

God's Truth

There majority of Americans may be exposed to CONVIR-19 but the strategy has always been to reduce the number of patients at any given time to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed!

South Korea is the textbook example as how to deal with a pandemic - in stark contrast to Italy has where the mortality rate has been over 10% at times because it was slow in reacting to the crisis allowing the healthcare system to be overwhelmed with access to ventilators rationed!

To place a timeline on the length of this pandemic is strictly a politically decision, not a medical one!

Thanks for the info.
I just didn't like the drastic and sudden change in Trump's attitude concerning the strategies he made concerning the coronavirsus.
It was off putting to hear him speak so differently about the elderly getting it and those with preexisting illness. KWIM?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One reason why Trump has been calling the coronavirus as "the Chinese virus" or "Wuhan virus" is because Chinese state media have been promoting the idea that the coronavirus was brought to China by the United States Army. The Chinese Communist Party is trying to spin any criticism of how it handled the coronavirus outbreak, including the cover up, as anti-China racism:

OR perhaps they have good reason to believe it ...