ECT We are saved by our faith

Cross Reference

However, faith that is sure of itself is not faith; faith that is sure of God is the only faith there is.

Sure of God?? What is there to be sure of about God?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you use words with two meanings that are not the same? My faith is very different than the faith of Christ. One is a belief, the other is a duty.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Paul couldn't be clearer about the faith required of us. What if you lose faith while in the body?

2 Timothy 2

13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself

Cross Reference

Why do you use words with two meanings that are not the same? My faith is very different than the faith of Christ. One is a belief, the other is a duty.
Duty from love is one and becomes incidental when we have learned to live by His Life -- His Faith. Paul understood that. (Gal2:20 KJV or Interlinear) So did Peter, James and John.

beloved57

However, faith that is sure of itself is not faith; faith that is sure of God is the only faith there is.

Sure of God?? What is there to be sure of about God?

In my Faith, we are saved by the death of Christ, even when we are enemies and faithless and ungodly Rom 5:10 !

Cross Reference

In my Faith, we are saved by the death of Christ, even when we are enemies and faithless and ungodly Rom 5:10 !

We are REDEEMED by the death of Jesus, the perfect man, made to be sin that by it being so might we BE saved by His LIFE indwelling us.. Not much chance without it because "scarcely are the righteous saved".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are REDEEMED by the death of Jesus, the perfect man, made to be sin that by it being so might we BE saved by His LIFE indwelling us.. Not much chance without it because "scarcely are the righteous saved".

This is so. I just can't figure out why you reject eternal life. That means life without end. You can't lose salvation, or you were never really saved.

At the cross I was justified. By believing I received his life (salvation) and I will never lose it. There is no duty for me to do to maintain it.

beloved57

You and i have a different Faith, see, in My Faith, by Christ's One act of Obedience for those He died for, they are made Righteous Rom 5:19 thats apart from any obedience of their own, while they were enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

beloved57

This is so. I just can't figure out why you reject eternal life. That means life without end. You can't lose salvation, or you were never really saved.

At the cross I was justified. By believing I received his life (salvation) and I will never lose it. There is no duty for me to do to maintain it.

In my Faith, at the Cross we received Eternal Life, even when we were unbelievers and enemies ! Rom 5:18 !

Cross Reference

In my Faith, at the Cross we received Eternal Life, even when we were unbelievers and enemies ! Rom 5:18 !

We were all redeemed regardless what we are or were. That isn't doctrine. It is fact. Nor does it require anything from man for it to be a fact. What does require 'our' faith is believing for it and acting upon it the reasons for it being made a historical event. That is when one's salvation is made possible. If the account is rejected, perdition is one's destiny.

Cross Reference

Where have you read that in my words?

At the cross I was justified

If you were already a righteous person, you already were justified. I gave you what Jesus accomplished for you. Why don't you believe it?

By believing I received his life (salvation) and I will never lose it. There is no duty for me to do to maintain it.

Did you ask for the Holy Spirit after you were saved? If not was it because you hadn't yet counted all the cost? By your understanding I can suppose you haven't counted the cost or know that there is one to count. Your disposition on this forum speaks volumes that you are not born again.

beloved57

We were all redeemed regardless what we are or were. That isn't doctrine. It is fact. Nor does it require anything from man for it to be a fact. What does require 'our' faith is believing for it and acting upon it the reasons for it being made a historical event. That is when one's salvation is made possible. If the account is rejected, perdition is one's destiny.

You have a strange religion, in mine, all those Christ died for, upon them came Justification of Life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The Free Gift came upon us, we did nothing, in fact i was not even born when it came upon me !

heir

TOL Subscriber
We are no more saved by our faith (but by grace through Christ's (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-5 KJV) than we are justified by our faith (Galatians 2:16 KJV). Maybe if you take a look at it, you will put your faith in His believing what his faith led Him to do for you (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Cross Reference

You have a strange religion, in mine, all those Christ died for, upon them came Justification of Life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The Free Gift came upon us, we did nothing, in fact i was not even born when it came upon me !

Redemption is NOT salvation for which you have to a choice as to what you want that which God provided for by the death Of Jesus Christ. If you want it, you ask it. If you reject so great salvation, how then will you escape so great a judgment?

Does this read like you have nothing to do with it either in the giving or the receiving of Gods salvation?:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard [to make any decision in the matter]? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
Romans 10:14 (KJV)

"The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:24-26 (NASB)

Don't accuse me of being of a strange religion when you all don't have both your oars in the water.

Redemption was/is a rescue from something NOT unto something that salvation is all about.

beloved57

Redemption is NOT salvation for which you have to a choice as to what you want that which God provided for by the death Of Jesus Christ. If you want it, you ask it. If you reject so great salvation, how then will you escape so great a judgment?

Does this read like you have nothing to do with it either in the giving or the receiving of Gods salvation?:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard [to make any decision in the matter]? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
Romans 10:14 (KJV)

"The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:24-26 (NASB)

Don't accuse me of being of a strange religion when you all don't have both your oars in the water.

Redemption was/is a rescue from something NOT unto something that salvation is all about.

Like I said, your religion is strange. Very few believe in the True God, that the Christ who died for us, by His Death alone we receive a Free Gift of Eternal life, even while we are unbelievers ! Rom 5:18 !

Cross Reference

Like I said, your religion is strange. Very few believe in the True God, that the Christ who died for us, by His Death alone we receive a Free Gift of Eternal life, even while we are unbelievers ! Rom 5:18 !

Who is "very few"? And no, you have received nothing unless you have asked for it.

Cross Reference

That is a strange religion, in my Faith, all Christ died for received Justification of life Rom 5:18 ! We don't ask for it !

Well with that, which I know, you really shouldn't consider someone else' "religion" strange because, try as you may, you cannot support using the scripture you believe you understand and especially scripture you refuse to accept for proper doctrine of Jesus Christ. Your 'ideas' about things, just aren't there.