Way 2 Go nails it!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TOL has some mighty fine newbies!

Way 2 Go tackles grace vs. works.

2Sa 11:4 So David sent messengers and took her, and she came to him, and he lay with her. (Now she had been purifying herself from her uncleanness.) Then she returned to her house.

2Sa 11:14 In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it by the hand of Uriah.
2Sa 11:15 In the letter he wrote, "Set Uriah in the forefront of the hardest fighting, and then draw back from him, that he may be struck down, and die."
2Sa 11:16 And as Joab was besieging the city, he assigned Uriah to the place where he knew there were valiant men.
2Sa 11:17 And the men of the city came out and fought with Joab, and some of the servants of David among the people fell. Uriah the Hittite also died.

so David is in a whole different place ?

but

what if David lived today and did these things?

2Sa 12:13 David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die.

Rom 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,
Rom 4:6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
Rom 4:7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
Rom 4:8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin."

Davids faith saved him not his works and David was under the law
Gentiles are not.

Rom 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

I just live this place!
Yay TOL!

IMJerusha

Great form Way2Go but "Yay TOL?"...as if TOL is all for disobedience to God? I don't think so. I suppose I would have to sit down and talk to Knight about that. You see, anyone who knows the story of David and Bathsheba knows that David paid a dear price for his disobedience.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You see, anyone who knows the story of David and Bathsheba knows that David paid a dear price for his disobedience.
The price that should have been paid by David, by the law, was his death.
David did not pay that price.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
David lost his infant son because of this sin.
Did that son commit murder? No.

Was there a law saying that said if you murdered, your son will die for it? No.

David did not receive the punishment commanded by the law.

Doormat

The price that should have been paid by David, by the law, was his death.
David did not pay that price.

David was in darkness when he sinned (1Jn 4:20), dead in his sin (Ro 6:23), but he repented (Ps 51:10) and never sinned again (1Ki 15:5). Do you agree?

1 King 15:5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's take the arguments to the actual thread instead of here.

Thanks.