ECT water baptism

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It may be fun to be baptized in the river on a warm Sunday afternoon; however, it does not do much else. Baby baptism, or christening, is neither fun, or providing salvation.

Correct. Salvation is by grace through faith. Water baptism is the faith part.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.​

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I regard 100% of the Bible 100% of the time.

You regard 50% of Paul's scriptures 100% of the time.

Let's be clear: I've never seen you Madists ever quote a single scripture outside of Paul's, and I've never seen much more than the same parts of Paul's letters emphasized.

You all are like Catholics who say that Jesus is their inspiration for contrition but never lay off Mary :rolleyes:

Yes, I understand that you like your version of history very much.

There's only one version of history- the actual one :wave2:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi jamie , and who where IMMERSED , the Jews who passed through the Red Sea , on DRY land OR the Egyptians who were IMMERSED and DROWNED ??

It seems that the Egyptians all died , it seems to me and it shows that there is not a Greek word for IMMERSTION , is there !!

The Hebrew people were baptized in the sea to begin a new life in Christ. They were resurrected from their former life in Egypt.

Danoh

...There's only one version of history- the actual one :wave2:

Yep - a woman defeating your misogynist blow hard life long corrupt candidate on Novemer 8 by a land slide - and we all know well your issues with women :chuckle:

I'd almost be happy to see her win just knowing how much that will drive you up the wall in your hatred of women in general for at least four years :rotfl:

Danoh

The Hebrew people were baptized in the sea to begin a new life in Christ. They were resurrected from their former life in Egypt.

You'd make one heck of a laundry dryer - that is some spin ya got goin there, jamie :chuckle:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christianity is Spiritual Israel, it is a fundamental dogma which all belief therein sits upon. If you don't agree with that, there's always Islam :idunno:

Right, it seems the MADites ignore Paul's teaching in Colossians 1:13.

Jerry Shugart

This is from one of our respected members that has not been active here for a while, but used to be very active.
Randy (aka Chickenman).
He is a published author and wrote the following:

Modern Church: Where Tradition Trumps Truth. Toss it, use it, or otherwise do what you like with it (including critique it, if needed).

Water baptism
Baptism is one of the most emotional doctrines that exists in the church today. There is no majority opinion on the subject. Some believe you have to be immersed under water to be saved, and they usually appeal to Acts 2:38 or maybe also to John’s baptism in the early part of the gospel accounts (to support immersing as opposed to sprinkling).

Those who were baptized with water at Acts 2:38 were saved the moment when they believed, as witnessed by the Lord Jesus' words here:

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life"(Jn.5:24).

We do know that before a person could be baptized with water that person must first believe, as witnessed by the following exchange between Philip and the eunuch:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).

Before the eunuch was baptized with water he was already "born of God" because he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God..For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4-5).

There can be no doubt that the eunuch received eternal life and was "born of God" before he was baptized with water so we can know that being baptized with water does not contribute in any way to anyone being saved.

dodge

Yep - a woman defeating your misogynist blow hard life long corrupt candidate on Novemer 8 by a land slide - and we all know well your issues with women :chuckle:

I'd almost be happy to see her win just knowing how much that will drive you up the wall in your hatred of women in general for at least four years :rotfl:

That is not much of a reason to see America ruined through Killary's corruption.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Those who were baptized with water at Acts 2:38 were saved the moment when they believed, as witnessed by the Lord Jesus' words here:

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life"(Jn.5:24).

We do know that before a person could be baptized with water that person must first believe, as witnessed by the following exchange between Philip and the eunuch:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).

Before the eunuch was baptized with water he was already "born of God" because he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God..For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4-5).

There can be no doubt that the eunuch received eternal life and was "born of God" before he was baptized with water so we can know that being baptized with water does not contribute in any way to anyone being saved.
Jerry We missed You !!!!! Where have you been?

Danoh

Yep :thumb:

whitestone

I have been in and out (mostly in) the hospital for over a year now! Been to hell and back!

I have prayed for you Jerry and wondered how you were doing for months,I am glad to see you back. I share something in common I finished my 2nd full week of chemo/rad. today, fatigue is much more than I expected but not so much to miss welcoming you back,,,

dodge

That was in a different dispensation. Today there is only "one" baptism (Eph.4:5) and that "one" baptism is found at 1 Corinthians 12:13.

Jesus was baptized, and EVERY Apostle and follower of Jesus was water baptized after the DBR.

Can you produce even ONE verse that says water baptism was done away with or stopped from SCRIPTURE ?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was baptized, and EVERY Apostle and follower of Jesus was water baptized after the DBR.

Can you produce even ONE verse that says water baptism was done away with or stopped from SCRIPTURE ?

No :chuckle:

Water baptism is too time consuming when you could just miracle a hundred people with a prayer :rolleyes:

They basically turned easy beliveism into a full blown school, otherwise their 70 million would be 10 million just like all the other 19th Century cults.

musterion

Hadn't figured you for a Clinton supporter.