ECT WAS PAUL A LAW KEEPER ?

DAN P

Danoh;4847210 In the above "the things that I destroyed" refers to "the law for righteousness." ?[/QUOTE said:
Hi and give me where that verse is found PLEASE !!

DAN P

Danoh

DAN P

You view yourself as an Advanced Acts 9 Dispy.

In some ways you are.

I see know problem with that.

At the same time, being an Advanced A9D, you should be more than very familiar with the passages and principle I am referring to.

What say you yourself answer your question with those passages and that principle I am referring to?

I see no problem with your being able to do that.

You game?

:)

DAN P

You view yourself as an Advanced Acts 9 Dispy.

In some ways you are.

I see know problem with that.

At the same time, being an Advanced A9D, you should be more than very familiar with the passages and principle I am referring to.

What say you yourself answer your question with those passages and that principle I am referring to?

I see no problem with your being able to do that.

You game?

:)

Hi and I have taked to some Pastors and they have no idea how Paul was saved until I showed them in the scripture NOR had no idea on how to answer the 12 IN or 12 OUT dilemma or explain how some were " in Christ before Paul !!

I do wish I am what you say and I do know you are out of my LEAGUE !!

I deal in verses in the bible and games are those who like GAMES !!

ELEMENTARY PRINCIPLES are those in Heb 6:1 and 2 Peter 3:15-16 !!

Start any GAME you want and LETS see your TRICK PONY !!

Thanks fOr waking me up as I was going to sleep at my desk !!

dan p

DAN P

God is not 'doing' nations anymore, DanP. The idea that he was is a misconception of Judaism anyway. Just because Paul speaks about that miscon, to refute it, does not mean it was true to begin with.

Hi and I answered John3:6 and you again refuse to comment on that verse that you say we IGNORE !!

No comment and goig to RUN AWAY ?

DAN P

DAN P

DAN P

Hi Danoh , the things that Paul DESTROYED was the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY of nthe Apostles !!

Acts 8:3 and DESTROYING the GOSPEL of FAITH he once Destroyed in Gal 1:23 , not the LAW OF RIGHTEOUS !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

In the above "the things that I destroyed" refers to "the law for righteousness."

It refers to that offer of "that righteousness which is of the law" that God revealed through Paul to James, Cephas, and John, was now null and void: the Law having established or proven "all the world...guilty before God" (see Romans 1:15 thru 3:31).

Peter - and even Barnabas - had ended up dealing with those Gentiles there, on the basis, once more; of The Law's NOW null and void PERFORMANCE BASED Acceptance of the Believer before God.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
PERFECTO!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Danoh , the things that Paul DESTROYED was the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY of nthe Apostles !!

Acts 8:3 and DESTROYING the GOSPEL of FAITH he once Destroyed in Gal 1:23 , not the LAW OF RIGHTEOUS !!

dan p

Galatians 1:23 KJV
(23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

The faith Paul once destroyed was the faith that Jesus was the promised (prophesied) Messiah of Israel, the Son of God, the promised (prophesied) King of Israel.
After his conversion, Paul did start preaching that Jesus was the promised Messiah, the Son of God.
That was the faith he once destroyed but was now preaching.
It was prophesy.

It was not the faith of grace without the works of the law, as Paul would also preach through the new revelation directly from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.
It was mystery.

DAN P

Galatians 1:23 KJV
(23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

The faith Paul once destroyed was the faith that Jesus was the promised (prophesied) Messiah of Israel, the Son of God, the promised (prophesied) King of Israel.
After his conversion, Paul did start preaching that Jesus was the promised Messiah, the Son of God.
That was the faith he once destroyed but was now preaching.
It was prophesy.

It was not the faith of grace without the works of the law, as Paul would also preach through the new revelation directly from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.
It was mystery.

Hi and is what is seen by many in Gal 1:23 and the verb THEY HEARD is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , meaning to hear by hear out by hearsay in other words a RUMOR .

The IMPERFECT TENSE means that it was a RUMOR and then stopped <

The Greek verb HE DESTROYED is also in the Greek IMPERFECT tense as we know from Acts that Paul's enemies were confounded by what Paul was now preaching !!

Paul was tearing down the gospel of the Kingdom and IF Paul built it up then Paul would ba Transgressor like what Acts 2 and Acts 28er believe or that Paul preach Baptism !!~

Paul was given the revelation of the MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul was tearing down the gospel of the Kingdom
It was not the Jews belief in the kingdom that Paul objected to (Paul always believed in the kingdom), but their belief that Jesus was the promised prophesied king of that kingdom.

Paul was not destroying anything about the mystery at the time he was persecuting Jews because the mystery had not yet been revealed to him yet.
Therefore, Paul was not destroying the faith of the mystery that he would later preach.
What Paul was destroying before his conversion was the faith that Jesus was indeed the prophesied Messiah, Son of GOD, King of Israel.

DAN P

It was not the Jews belief in the kingdom that Paul objected to (Paul always believed in the kingdom), but their belief that Jesus was the promised prophesied king of that kingdom.

Paul was not destroying anything about the mystery at the time he was persecuting Jews because the mystery had not yet been revealed to him yet.
Therefore, Paul was not destroying the faith of the mystery that he would later preach.
What Paul was destroying before his conversion was the faith that Jesus was indeed the prophesied Messiah, Son of GOD, King of Israel.

Hi and Paul could not be destroying the MYSTERY is right on !!

So what they thought Paul was preaching the Kingdom Gospel is this what I see and this verse proves that Paul could NEVER baptize or preach the Kingdom Gospel and never was saved by Kingdom preaching as some Acts 13 and Acts 28er believe !!

dan p

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will be drinking whiskey while I pass out Halloween candy to the kids in the neighborhood. How is that for keeping the law?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will be drinking whiskey while I pass out Halloween candy to the kids in the neighborhood. How is that for keeping the law?
Galatians 5:1 KJV
(1) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A lot of so called Messianic Jews don't like Paul because they think he brought back restrictions and disciplines whom the other apostles were very liberal about.

The irony is that Pauline extremists on here don't actually follow him either, they just want to do as they please and then get beamed into the sky.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
DAN P,

What do you mean by Was Paul a Law keeper? How can I help here? I don't know where this question comes from. I have done a concordance search now for Law keeper and I don't find these two words together in scripture. Have you spent time studying the life of Paul? I encourage you to read Acts, Paul (Paul's letters), and Peter.

Galatians 1:13 NASB - 13 For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it;

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

Acts 21:39 NASB - 39 But Paul said, "I am a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no insignificant city; and I beg you, allow me to speak to the people."

Acts 22:3 NASB - 3 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated under Gamaliel, strictly according to the law of our fathers, being zealous for God just as you all are today.

Acts 25:8 NASB - 8 while Paul said in his own defense, "I have committed no offense either against the Law of the Jews or against the temple or against Caesar."

DAN P

DAN P,

What do you mean by Was Paul a Law keeper? How can I help here? I don't know where this question comes from. I have done a concordance search now for Law keeper and I don't find these two words together in scripture. Have you spent time studying the life of Paul? I encourage you to read Acts, Paul (Paul's letters), and Peter.

Galatians 1:13 NASB - 13 For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it;

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

Acts 21:39 NASB - 39 But Paul said, "I am a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no insignificant city; and I beg you, allow me to speak to the people."

Acts 22:3 NASB - 3 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated under Gamaliel, strictly according to the law of our fathers, being zealous for God just as you all are today.

Acts 25:8 NASB - 8 while Paul said in his own defense, "I have committed no offense either against the Law of the Jews or against the temple or against Caesar."

Hi and just read my OP of Gal 2:18 with Gal 1:23 are connected , whether you believe it or not !!

So , how can I help you ??

dan p

Danoh

Yep :thumb:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and just read my OP of Gal 2:18 with Gal 1:23 are connected , whether you believe it or not !!

dan p
I don't know what you are saying.

Do you accept Genesis 1:1?
I don't know what you are asking me to do. I also don't understand your grammar here.

dan p
I don't know that you can. I am here to help you. What can I do to make things right? Is there anything that you believe that I have done wrong? Can I help you to make things right? Do you understand things correctly? Do you understand scripture correctly? Do you understand what you are saying? Can I help you with what you are saying?

Can you share a Bible verse with me? Do you have a Bible verse to share with me? Have you read the entire Bible? Have you read a book of the Bible? What of the Bible have you read? Do you want to read more of the Bible or more scripture?

Do you understand what you have read? Can I help you to understand anything? Do you have any questions about anything that you have read? Has anyone ever explained the scriptures to you?