Warmbier deserved his cruel torture because of white privilege

glorydaz

Seriously, I could write a page out of a cookbook and she'd hammer one of those out. Her whole keyboard is stuck. :think: Which isn't a bad idea when you consider it.

What have you got against nouns?

Guess how he feels about false witness.

Anyway, I don't have to be taken with myself to be taken aback by idiots. Like I have to tell you...okay, I probably do. Point taken.

You love any kind of attention....just admit it.

It's hardly a false witness when it's clearly seen by all who read what you post. For some reason, you're starved for attention ....and a stage upon which you can strut.

Such a cutie pie...with that Elton John look. :popcorn:

glorydaz

I could go on and on all day about liberals and the anti-gun lobbies, but it's more important to me to point out the issues with gun supporters- I'll put it as plain as I can: Do you not see a conundrum with Christ, the Apostles, and the Early Christians at large all being unarmed- by choice- while you choose to be armed? It's as simple as this: just explain why.

Times change with the circumstances. The early Christians lived under Roman rule, for one thing, and Hebrews were not allowed to carry arms. However, while the Lord walked among them, the disciples were protected by Him. You can see as He prepared to go to the cross, He gave them instruction to arm themselves against the bandits etc. which were rampant at that time.

Luke 22:35-38 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.​

glorydaz

Christ told Peter to carry a dagger- let's be honest here: the popular idea of Christ's 'moment of weakness' didn't really begin on the cross. It began as soon as he told Peter to brandish that blade- and that is why he told him to drop it when they were being apprehended.

Nonsense....pure nonsense. There is nothing there about a "moment of weakness", and your failure to believe the word as it's written is quite telling. Jesus was making it clear that when He was gone, the disciples would have to provide for their own protection and their basic provisions...that He had provided before.

In truth, Jesus wouldn't agree with the gun worship that exists among American Christians. I support the 2nd Amendment to the extent of preventing tyranny, but not to shooting anyone who puts a step on your yard or steals your petty cash in the parking lot_

Believers don't worship guns, and it's simply ignorance for you to say so. Nor would we shoot someone except for self defence or defence of our country.

What are you....a Meshak sock? :down:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

"Warmbier" didn't deserve to die for his mistake, but he was foolhardy enough to place himself in danger - which begs the question as to why the US government still allows its citizens to visit that country?

That said, I'm sure "Warmbier" and his parents were warned repeatedly that its the totalitarian North Korean government that sets the rules, and that they might be looking for any excuse to arrest American visitors!

When one chooses to deliberately engage in high risk behaviour without a safety net, it should come as no surprise that bad things can and do happen!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"Warmbier" didn't deserve to die for his mistake, but he was foolhardy enough to place himself in danger - which begs the question as to why the US government still allows its citizens to visit that country?

That said, I'm sure "Warmbier" and his parents were warned repeatedly that its the totalitarian North Korean government that sets the rules, and that they might be looking for any excuse to arrest American visitors!

When one chooses to deliberately engage in high risk behaviour without a safety net, it should come as no surprise that bad things can and do happen!

Indeed ... though he was unwise in his decision, he certainly didn't *deserve* the brutality in which he was treated.

glorydaz

She wrote, without support, with malice, and not a hint of self-awareness.

Ah, I see what you're doing. Completing your cycle/spiral.

And she fumbles to play the gay innuendo card.

You should try your hand at non-fiction, just for the sake of variety.

Get your mind out of the gutter.....just for the sake of variety. :chuckle:

glorydaz

What is it with some of you far right wingers and the gay innuendo stuff? It's...bizarre.

Unlike you, Artie, I don't obsess over the rainbow resistance.

Just come right and accuse me of being homophobic....I've heard it all before from you libtards.

You jump like two fat little ticks looking for something to bite. Kinda cute in a way. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Get your mind out of the gutter.....just for the sake of variety. :chuckle:
No, Eeset, you don't get to reinvent because you don't want to pay a price for going over the line, twice.

I have a feeling these boys would rather play alone.

They seem to be hinting rather strongly.
Don't be too naughty, boys, we can still see you. :chuckle:

The inference is pretty unmistakable. And when I called you on it, your response wasn't to deny it or even try to weasel out of it the way you are now.

Here's the response you gave pre report.
Thou doth protest too much. :chew:
Doubling down on the inference.

So there's no mistake, except the one you made and made again, however you try to weasel out of it now.