Victory Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentatonic145

Hi - My name is Bobby Harness. I'm the praise and worship leader for Victory Church in Westminster. I've been saved for about 5 years - I was a heroin addict in a rock band before I got saved at Victory. My website is http://www.bobbyharness.com

I'd just like to say that Victory Church is a bible-centered, life-giving Church. We are pro-life and mostly we are pro-Bible and pro-Jesus.

If you knew Pastor Buddy, you'd know he is a friendly, kind man and a strong believer in Christ. And no one loves children more than Pastor Buddy does! He's my good friend. If you read the Denver Post article, you'll find he just prayed for that struggling family, that God's will would be done. He didn't advise them one way or another but prayed for them to be sensitive to God's leading. He was not in the postition to decide that boy's fate, or to advise on it, so he didn't - but he did pray for the family and offer them comfort.

I think it's kind of insensitive and cavalier to wag our fingers at these people and suppose what we would've done if we were in their shoes. Without having endured it personally, we can't pretend to understand what they're going through. But we can do what Jesus is doing - love them no matter what. They, too, are valuable to Jesus.

As for what "H20pls" posted all over the Victory Church website, well, that was kind of immature, don't you think? One post stating your opinion would have been welcome, but flooding the forum with slanderous and unfounded comments was pretty rude.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a sinner. I make mistakes, I make bad decisions sometimes - that's why I need Jesus. At Victory Church, we just want to help each other grow closer to God. If one of my brothers or sisters falls, well, I'm there to help them up. And when I stumble, they help me up too. I need them to do that. We also want to see God's will done in the lives of other people - to see the lost saved, the saved matured and the mature serving.

Come meet us in person then judge for yourself! I love my pastors - they are my friends and mentors, and co-laboroers in Christ.

If you look over my life with a fine-toothed comb, the way you looked over that article in the Denver Post, you'd probably find lots of reasons to point fingers at me. I reckon you'd find some splinters in my eye, too. That's why I'm grateful to have Christ as my Advocate and Intercessor.

I think too little is known about the people who are being judged by Pastor Enyart. Their own lives speak a better word about what kind of people they are - those lives that are lived in front of us at Victory Church every day. Come see for yourself - if you're going to talk about someone, it makes sense to at least know the people you're talking about : )

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL! :wave2:

what exactly are you talking about? Who is Bob judging?

Adam

Hall of Fame
Pentatonic145, do you eat when you're hungry? Do you drink when you're thirsty?

Why couldn't Dylan do the same?

Adam

Hall of Fame
btw, if you have a problem with H20pls, then take it up with them, wherever they are, don't bring it here.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
pentatonic145 said:
If you knew Pastor Buddy, you'd know he is a friendly, kind man and a strong believer in Christ. And no one loves children more than Pastor Buddy does! He's my good friend. If you read the Denver Post article, you'll find he just prayed for that struggling family, that God's will would be done. He didn't advise them one way or another but prayed for them to be sensitive to God's leading. He was not in the postition to decide that boy's fate, or to advise on it, so he didn't - but he did pray for the family and offer them comfort.

talk about someone, it makes sense to at least know the people you're talking about : )

Bobby,

Welcome to TOL. I live about a mile from your new church and visited when you were in the old church building

I don't think anyone here knows who H2Opls is. If you find out let us know.

Do you agree that when you purposefully starve someone to death that it is murder?

If Buddy was advising this couple he should have strongly advised them to not starve their child. Don't you agree?

Buddy can clarify his role in what happened right here if Pastor Enyart or the Denver Post got the story wrong.

The idea you have to know someone before you can judge them is not tenable. I never met Bill Clinton but I can judge he is a pervert and I hope you can do the same.

In Him,
CRASH

Freak

Message to Victory Church Pastor Mike Ware from Denver Bible Church

Pastor Bob Enyart of Denver Bible Church calls upon Victory Church senior pastor Michael Ware to publicly apologize to Dylan’s family and the community for the tragic counsel to kill Dylan given by one of his pastors, Buddy Conn. Until then, these words of the prophet Jeremiah will stand here as a testimony to the guilt of Pastor Ware and Victory Church:

The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying, “Stand in the gate of the LORD’s house, and proclaim there this word, and say, ‘Hear the word of the LORD, all you of Judah who enter in at these gates to worship the LORD!’ ” Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: “Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place. Do not trust in these lying words, saying, ‘The temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD are these.’ For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings, if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor, if you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place..., then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever. Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit. Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely..., and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered to do all these abominations’? Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen it,” says the LORD.” –Jeremiah 7:1-11

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Can you say "complicit?"

Can you say "complicit?"

The Victory Church pastor said that mom “felt” she was done; “she had” “fought the good fight” she had “finished the race”

The Apostle Paul made these comments knowing that he would die soon (he was martyred), not to be quoted out of context as a pretext for giving up on caring for a dependent human being.

The pastor said, mom “leans on God for her day-to-day guidance. I believe God gave her an answer in the afternoon.”

God specially revealed in Scripture His will regarding life and death, feeding the needy, and killing the innocent. Believers tragically misrepresent God when they wrongly claim His support.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
pentatonic145 said:
He was not in the postition to decide that boy's fate, or to advise on it, so he didn't...
WHAT??? Of course he was in a position to advise on it. He was their pastor. That's his job!

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Penta-

Being you are in the leadership at your church, I am very interested in whether you have spoken to Pastor Buddy or Ware regarding this matter and what they intend to do about it (if anything.) Please let us know or PM me.

Thanks.

JoyfulRook

pentatonic145 said:
I'd just like to say that Victory Church is a bible-centered, life-giving Church.
Did your church give life to Dylan?
If you knew Pastor Buddy, you'd know he is a friendly, kind man and a strong believer in Christ. And no one loves children more than Pastor Buddy does! He's my good friend.
If he is your friend you need to rebuke him for not telling the parents that it is always wrong to starve to death a four year old.
If you read the Denver Post article, you'll find he just prayed for that struggling family, that God's will would be done. He didn't advise them one way or another but prayed for them to be sensitive to God's leading. He was not in the postition to decide that boy's fate, or to advise on it, so he didn't - but he did pray for the family and offer them comfort.
And that was the wrong thing to do. He should have told the parents that under no circumstances should a four year old be starved to death because he is disabled or "his good days outnumber his bad ones." That is evil murder.

I think it's kind of insensitive and cavalier to wag our fingers at these people and suppose what we would've done if we were in their shoes. Without having endured [muderering your son] personally, we can't pretend to understand what they're going through.
The Guilt must be terrible.
But we can do what Jesus is doing - love them no matter what. They, too, are valuable to Jesus.
Jesus wept when Dylan was murderered.

As for what "H20pls" posted all over the Victory Church website, well, that was kind of immature, don't you think? One post stating your opinion would have been welcome, but flooding the forum with slanderous and unfounded comments was pretty rude.
I have read h2Opls's posts and they are right on target. I don't know who he is, but he is absolutely right.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a sinner. I make mistakes, I make bad decisions sometimes - that's why I need Jesus. At Victory Church, we just want to help each other grow closer to God. If one of my brothers or sisters falls, well, I'm there to help them up. And when I stumble, they help me up too. I need them to do that. We also want to see God's will done in the lives of other people - to see the lost saved, the saved matured and the mature serving.
Why weren't his parent's corrected when they fell?

Come meet us in person then judge for yourself! I love my pastors - they are my friends and mentors, and co-laboroers in Christ.
Then they shouldn't support euthanasia.

I think too little is known about the people who are being judged by Pastor Enyart.
Enough is known. They decided to murder their son, with the consent of Pastor Conn.
Their own lives speak a better word about what kind of people they are
Kind as in mercy killing?

Adam

Hall of Fame
It's really sad that Pentatonic came in here, dropped a bomb and disappeared. Even though his username was shown in and out of this thread multiple times yesterday afternoon we've seen no activity.

Mr. 5020

truthman said:
It's really sad that Pentatonic came in here, dropped a bomb and disappeared. Even though his username was shown in and out of this thread multiple times yesterday afternoon we've seen no activity.
I wish there was a smilie where I could shake my head disapprovingly. Oh wait...

:nono:

koban

pentatonic145 said:
We are pro-life

:thumb:

Life rocks!

and mostly we are pro-Bible

:think:

So a very few are anti-Bible?

(psst - ginandtonic -probably a good idea not to let their numbers grow)

and pro-Jesus.

:thumb:

Jesus rocks, too!

Might want to keep an eye on the ones who aren't pro-Jesus, though.

They might be a bad element. :D

:idea: Maybe you should quit letting Muslims join your church!

Adam

Hall of Fame
Pastor Mike stated here that "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contained in the Bible are the thoughts and promises of God just for you."

If that's the case, then why did they need to 'seek the Lord's will' on the matter?
[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.