ECT Uniquely Christian and Jew but redeemed

mhask68

No they aren’t new even then but the did sum up the whole of the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhask68

There are variations on the first commandment to love God.

Regardless of variation, it was used to combat the legalistic approach that the ancient Jews used to follow the law, thus loosing site of the spirit of the law. Essential to this mindset. Yes follow the moral law. But be mindful of the love of God and return the love to him as a matter of love not a matter of keeping the law alone and expecting God to bless you when you don’t know the underlying purpose of it which is love of neighbor, love of self and more importantly love of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Regardless of variation, it was used to combat the legalistic approach that the ancient Jews used to follow the law, thus loosing site of the spirit of the law. Essential to this mindset. Yes follow the moral law. But be mindful of the love of God and return the love to him as a matter of love not a matter of keeping the law alone and expecting God to bless you when you don’t know the underlying purpose of it which is love of neighbor, love of self and more importantly love of God.

Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Heart soul might
Heart soul resources
Heart soul strength
Heart soul mind strength

mhask68

At the end of the day I believe in Yashua the only begotten Son of the living God who created the Universe and all things seen and unseen. He is my King, my solemn Lord and my Love in whose blood I, who am a sinner, is saved because of that sacrifice on Calvary. I believe Saturday is the true Sabbath. I believe Mary was just a humble Hebrew girl who was loved an favored by God. But she can not pray for us. I believe that the human being consist of a body which God formed in the womb but originally from the dust of the ground. I believe that man has a spirit that was breathed in to his nostrils, and man became a living soul. I don’t believe that any part of a man is immortal because only God is immortal. I believe in the love and holiness of Yashua who was at once God and Man. I believe in baptism when coupled with a sincere and contrite heart as well as the true repentance and turning from sin is done for the forgiveness of sin and the death of the old person and resurrection of the new person in God. I believe that at the moment of Death we are visited by God and shown his truths and are allowed to feel his love at that moment but then the soul sleeps until either the resurrection of the just or the resurrection of the damned. I have found absolutely no scriptural proof of a pre or mid tribulation rapture. I do find evidence of a gathering of the people of God, both the living and the dead at His glorious second coming.I believe that Jesus is present in the wine and bread, but not through any act of man. I believe that this action is taken by the Holy Sprit in such a way that allows man to keep Christ’s command that who ever eats his body and drinks his blood has life in them. I believe that this is a temporary state of the elements to prevent the worship of the physical elements thus causing man to curse or blaspheme the sacrament by worshiping it as he would an idol. I believe that Christ is the head of the church. The bishops and priests below him. I do believe that Christ gave his body the powers to heal, raise the dead, forgive sins etc. But I believe this is accomplished by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Not by means of ordination. I believe that as the body of Christ we can advocate and pray for each other but this ends at death. I believe that the trinity are 3 in 1.

mhask68

This is my personal declaration of faith. I don’t expect any one of the current established church believers to agree with me. I’m just baring witness of my faith in Christ in public, because I’m not ashamed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
At the end of the day I believe in Yashua the only begotten Son of the living God who created the Universe and all things seen and unseen. He is my King, my solemn Lord and my Love in whose blood I, who am a sinner, is saved because of that sacrifice on Calvary. I believe Saturday is the true Sabbath. I believe Mary was just a humble Hebrew girl who was loved an favored by God. But she can not pray for us. I believe that the human being consist of a body which God formed in the womb but originally from the dust of the ground. I believe that man has a spirit that was breathed in to his nostrils, and man became a living soul. I don’t believe that any part of a man is immortal because only God is immortal. I believe in the love and holiness of Yashua who was at once God and Man. I believe in baptism when coupled with a sincere and contrite heart as well as the true repentance and turning from sin is done for the forgiveness of sin and the death of the old person and resurrection of the new person in God. I believe that at the moment of Death we are visited by God and shown his truths and are allowed to feel his love at that moment but then the soul sleeps until either the resurrection of the just or the resurrection of the damned. I have found absolutely no scriptural proof of a pre or mid tribulation rapture. I do find evidence of a gathering of the people of God, both the living and the dead at His glorious second coming.I believe that Jesus is present in the wine and bread, but not through any act of man. I believe that this action is taken by the Holy Sprit in such a way that allows man to keep Christ’s command that who ever eats his body and drinks his blood has life in them. I believe that this is a temporary state of the elements to prevent the worship of the physical elements thus causing man to curse or blaspheme the sacrament by worshiping it as he would an idol. I believe that Christ is the head of the church. The bishops and priests below him. I do believe that Christ gave his body the powers to heal, raise the dead, forgive sins etc. But I believe this is accomplished by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Not by means of ordination. I believe that as the body of Christ we can advocate and pray for each other but this ends at death. I believe that the trinity are 3 in 1.

This is my personal declaration of faith. I don’t expect any one of the current established church believers to agree with me. I’m just baring witness of my faith in Christ in public, because I’m not ashamed.

I believe that Yeshua, Jesus, is the Messiah, the Christ, and the only begotten Son of God. He is the Prophet, my Lord, Savior, and King.

Are you by chance Catholic? I am not a Catholic.

mhask68

No. To be catholic would mean that I believe the Pontifix Maximus is the representative of God on earth. I don’t believe that. I consider my self a follower of Christ in the tradition of the original 12 apostles. Forsaking the heretical and dangerous ideas of the previous fathers of the church who sought to overthink the pure and simple Gosple. We need not look any further than Paul’s letters to understand the theology of the Apostles and of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
No. To be catholic would mean that I believe the Pontifix Maximus is the representative of God on earth. I don’t believe that. I consider my self a follower of Christ in the tradition of the original 12 apostles. Forsaking the heretical and dangerous ideas of the previous fathers of the church who sought to overthink the pure and simple Gosple. We need not look any further than Paul’s letters to understand the theology of the Apostles and of Christ.
Just an FYI.... Paul did not follow Christ "in the tradition of the original 12 apostles".

P.S. The original 12 included Judas Iscariot.

mhask68

Paul did educate, extort and correct. Since he had a fuller understanding as did Peter (although less than Paul despite his close proximity to Christ) than the rest of the apostles.
Peter
James
John
Andrew
Philip
Thomas
Bartholomew
Matthew
James the son of Alpheus
Simon Zelotes
Judas the brother of James( we can exclude him due to his betrayal but he was still knowledgeable of the truth. He just chose to reject it.
Then in verse 1 of the same Acts 1, we have two other disciples who were mentioned:
Joseph called Barsabas, surnamed Justus
Matthias who replaced Judas Iscariot
We also have recorded in the Bible some women who were followers of Christ (Matthew 27:35-36; Mark 16:1; Luke 8:3;
Mary Magdalene
Mary the mother of James
Salome
Mother of Zebedee's children
Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward
Susanna
Cleopas was also mentioned as one of the disciples that Jesus met on the way to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35).

mhask68

So yes. In that way I consider myself a follower of Christ in the traditions and understanding of the Apostles.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You sounded like you had exposure to things catholic. Much encouraged by you.

mhask68

A further statement on the Catholic Church.
In 1512 Christopher Marcellus said this to Pope Julius II:

Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth (emphasis added).iii

Just recently, in 2004, Bishop Patrick Dunn of Auckland said this:

"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross.iv

The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:

But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical (emphasis added).v

Words from the Popes themselves:

In 1302 Pope Boniface said this in a letter to the Catholic Church:

Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.vi

Pope Leo XIII said these things about the role of the Papacy and the Roman Church:

Our thoughts went out towards the immense multitude of those who are strangers to the gladness that filled all Catholic hearts: some because they lie in absolute ignorance of the Gospel; others because they dissent from the Catholic belief, though they bear the name of Christians.

This thought has been, and is, a source of deep concern to Us; for it is impossible to think of such a large portion of mankind deviating, as it were, from the right path, as they move away from Us, and not experience a sentiment of innermost grief. But since We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty...viii

But the supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires, together with a perfect accord in the one faith, complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff, as to God Himself.ix

And more recently, Pope John Paul II wrote that names like "Holy Father" are applicable to the Pope, even though calling him that is counter to the Gospel:

Have no fear when people call me the "Vicar of Christ," when they say to me "Holy Father," or "Your Holiness," or use titles similar to these, which seem even inimical to the Gospel.x

In 1996 he also gave his ascent to calling the Pope "Lord" and "Christ on earth":

we readily understand the devotion of Saint Francis of Assisi for "the Lord Pope",the daughterly outspokenness of Saint Catherine of Siena towards the one whom she called "sweet Christ on earth", the apostolic obedience and the sentire *** Ecclesia of Saint Ignatius Loyola,and the joyful profession of faith made by Saint Teresa of Avila: "I am a daughter of the Church" (emphases added).xi

It is clear that "the Popes have never reproved or rejected this title"xii of blasphemy and flattery, but the Bible does not support the belief of papal infallibility. It declares that "all of sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Roman 3:23). This includes the Pope. These boasts of the Papal State fulfill the Bible's prediction of what the Antichrist power would do:

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws...(Daniel 7:25).

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven (Revelation 13:5-6).

Even if you believe that the Pope is the visible head of the church. It’s difficult to ignore these statements.

In regard to Sunday vs Sabbath:

Cardinal Gibbons, in Faith of Our Fathers, 92nd ed., p. 89, freely admits, “You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we [the Catholic Church] never sanctify.”

Again, “The Catholic Church, … by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday” (The Catholic Mirror, official publication of James Cardinal Gibbons, Sept. 23, 1893).

“Protestants do not realize that by observing Sunday, they accept the authority of the spokesperson of the Church, the Pope” (Our Sunday Visitor, February 5, 1950).

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change [Saturday Sabbath to Sunday] was her act... And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things” (H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons).

“Sunday is our mark of authority… the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact” (Catholic Record of London, Ontario Sept 1, 1923).

The Christians during the apostolic era, from about 35 to 100 A.D., kept Sabbath on the designated seventh day of the week. For the first 300 years of Christian history, when the Roman emperors regarded themselves as gods, Christianity became an “illegal religion,” and God’s people were scattered abroad (Acts 8:1).

The New Testament plainly shows we are to continue keeping the commandments (Mathew 5:17–18; 19:17; 28:20)—all ten of them. Where, then, do men get the “authority” to change the Fourth Commandment by substituting Sunday for the original Sabbath Christ and the apostles kept?

The Bible prophesied many centuries earlier that the time would come when men would think to change times and laws (Daniel 7:25). Many Bible prophecies are “dual” in nature—that is, they have a type and antitype, an earlier and a later fulfillment. Though speaking specifically of the soon-coming antichrist, we can see the forerunner type documented in history.
The self-righteous Pharisees had already falsely accused Christ of breaking the Sabbath because He violated the added man-made rules and traditions they placed upon the Sabbath (Mark 2:24). The total absence of any such controversy over a change in the day of worship is one of the best evidences showing the apostles and other New Testament Christians did not change the day. On the contrary, we have a record of many Sabbaths that Paul and his traveling companions kept long after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Read of them in your own Bible in Acts 13:14, 27, 42–44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; and 18:4. Acts 13:42–44 is especially significant in that Paul and Barnabas, when speaking at a Jewish synagogue, were invited to speak again the next Sabbath. This would have been Paul’s golden opportunity to tell the people to meet with him the next day rather than waiting a whole week for the Sabbath. But, “on the next Sabbath almost the whole city [Jews and Gentiles alike] gathered to hear the word of the Lord.”

I guess at the end of the Day you choose to follow the Divinely in inspired word of God, or a man who claims that he is God in earth.