ECT Understand the Fall of Adam according to Covenant

dodge

Then why do you ASSUME God would do what He did not delight in, and what would not take away sins.

Psalm 51:16
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

Hosea 6:6
For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.​

Heb. 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The wages of sin is death.

Adam and Eve did not die immediately when their original sin was committed, simply because a substitutional death was provided by God, on their behalf.

An animal lost its life and it's blood was applied by God to temporarily cover the sin of A&E. There is no sound Christian believer or theologian I have ever heard of, who denies this Truth.

Only a couple of MAD women deny this Truth.

Let AMR give answer to this himself . . .

Their pride and disobedience was the sin. What God did was to accommodate their own awareness of shame.

Find the real meaning; sin, pride and disobedience, not their awareness of nakedness, all this was was the sign they had disobeyed God.

glorydaz

The wages of sin is death.

Adam and Eve did not die immediately when their original sin was committed, simply because a substitutional death was provided by God, on their behalf.

An animal lost its life and it's blood was applied by God to temporarily cover the sin of A&E. There is no sound Christian believer or theologian I have ever heard of, who denies this Truth.

Only a couple of MAD women deny this Truth.

Let AMR give answer to this himself . . .

Well, cool. If this is the way we're going to play, we may as well say the "Us" was referring to five other beings who lived in the garden before man was created. Then we can say there was a river called the River of No Return and A&E came and went to get just a taste of the Tree of Life to postpone their death for almost a thousand years. :banana:

Check with AMR and see....it just might be possible.

dodge

Oops.....

Heb. 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

The verse I quoted was about the blood of Jesus and if His blood had not been shed there would be no remission of anyone's sin. Scriptures do NOT contradict one another they grow you up in the Lord Jesus if you let them.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Try to read it in context and with an open heart to scriptures and God.

Truster

Well, cool. If this is the way we're going to play, we may as well say the "Us" was referring to five other beings who lived in the garden before man was created. Then we can say there was a river called the River of No Return and A&E came and went to get just a taste of the Tree of Life to postpone their death for almost a thousand years. :banana:

Check with AMR and see....it just might be possible.

Thou shalt surely die should be understood as, Ye shall become mortal and subject to death through sin. The death of Adam and Eve was not postponed or put off. They became subject to mortality.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then it should be simple for you to supply just one verse in scripture that says that the skins GOD covered Adam's nakedness with was from an animal that GOD killed, spilled it's blood, and skinned.
Heck, you can't even find one verse in scripture that says it was a sacrifice.

There is no sound Christian believer or theologian I have ever heard of, who denies this Truth.
Just like a Calvinist, referring to what certain theologians say instead of what scripture says.

glorydaz

The verse I quoted was about the blood of Jesus and if His blood had not been shed there would be no remission of anyone's sin. Scriptures do NOT contradict one another they grow you up in the Lord Jesus if you let them.

Try to read it in context and with an open heart to scriptures and God.

Were the skins to cover Adam and Eve from bulls or goats? :chew:

Try to stick to the context. We're in the garden, remember? And you're assuming (which is actually guessing) what isn't written.

glorydaz

Thou shalt surely die should be understood as, Ye shall become mortal and subject to death through sin. The death of Adam and Eve was not postponed or put off. They became subject to mortality.

I'm not the one who said it was put off. You might want to check with Nang.

glorydaz

Then it should be simple for you to supply just one verse in scripture that says that the skins GOD covered Adam's nakedness with was from an animal that GOD killed, spilled it's blood, and skinned.
Heck, you can't even find one verse in scripture that says it was a sacrifice.

Just like a Calvinist, referring to what certain theologians say instead of what scripture says.
:first:

Eagles Wings

Adam's children were all born sinful for 2 reasons:

Adam's sin remained because the skins only covered them up. This is the TEMPORAL purpose of atonement. The blood of animals never eternally redeemed anyone.

If either A or E were forgiven, it would have to be because of faith and God's grace in the new covenant promise of the Savior. Genesis 3:15

And even if Adam was forgiven his original sin at this point in time, he would not produce "forgiven" children. No such thing is ever taught in Scripture!
Bumping this post.

Good one!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I know it wasn't you. I was simply exposing the error. I have no wish to engage in the tangled knot of calvinistic dogma.

No error.

A&E died forensically the very day they broke commandment &
covenant, but God temporarily covered their sin, in order that they might fulfill His ordained purpose . . populate the world with His Elect, including the Incarnate Christ.

Their eventual physical death validated and manifested the inescapable reality of their cursed death sentence,
which was their deserved wage for their sin.

dodge

Were the skins to cover Adam and Eve from bulls or goats? :chew:

Try to stick to the context. We're in the garden, remember? And you're assuming (which is actually guessing) what isn't written.

Glorydaz, try to connect the dots.

Adam disobeys God
God covers Adam and Eve with Skins.

In the process of time Cain and Able brought their offerings to God.
Cain brought an offering of veggies and God rejected the offering.
Able brought a prepared lamb as an offering which God accepted.

It is more than obvious that God took the skins from animals and covered Adam and Eve, and in your zeal to discredit "original sin", which is biblical,you deny CONTEXT of scripture.

Scripture teaches scripture you know ,here a little there a little, line upon line, and precept upon precept.