Truster is not a liar

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hold on.
I thought you and Truster believe that anything that happens is GOD's will.
Hurricane killing people - GOD's will.
Truster banned at TOL - GOD's will.

You have no accurate conception of the absolute sovereignty of God, do you? Nor have you been taught the secondary causal agency given to man, made in His image, have you?

IOW's you bring up a vital subject you are totally incapable of understanding or discussing, right?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It was either GOD's will or it was not.
All ya gotta do is say yes or no.

How do you answer your own questions, Tam?

Is God's will always done or not?

Why do calamities happen? Are they God's will, too? Or not?

If not, what or who is their cause?

And if so, to what purpose?

You tell me . . .

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Frankly, I also tend to believe all these recent calamities come from the sovereign hand of God. Will you declare me a "liar" for saying so?

Have you had any calamites in your life?

What if God warned His people about these things and they just will not listen to Him.

That does not mean God bought these calamities about.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The reason we have Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Fires, Crime, mischief, hatred, and everything that goes with it is, we live in a sin-cursed world. It was not created such in the beginning, however, man sinned and sin brought about all forms of negativity into our world. Sin is the true "CULPRIT." We mustn't place the blame on our Creator.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The reason we have Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Fires, Crime, mischief, hatred, and everything that goes with it is, we live in a sin-cursed world. It was not created such in the beginning, however, man sinned and sin brought about all forms of negativity in our world. Sin is the true "CULPRIT." We mustn't place the blame on our Creator.

Now... That is recognizing Jesus Christ's true sovereignty...

200.gif

Epoisses

The reason we have Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Fires, Crime, mischief, hatred, and everything that goes with it is, we live in a sin-cursed world. It was not created such in the beginning, however, man sinned and sin brought about all forms of negativity into our world. Sin is the true "CULPRIT." We mustn't place the blame on our Creator.

Wrong! God controls everything behind the scenes good and bad. I guess if the fire from heaven fell on some city tomorrow we would write that off as some global warming event!

nikolai_42

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

jsanford108

Truster is not a liar, no matter the subject of discussion.

IOW's where does any sinner full of faults and lacking omniscience, have the right to call another like sinner, a "liar" for expressing a different view?

This is false. Truster can be a liar, solely based on the information presented in a discussion. And anyone can objectively be a liar, even while expressing a different view.

For example, I can say John 3:16 says "God so loved the world...." I am stating objective fact. Truster, can call me a liar, and say it says "God so loved the elect...." (Not that he has done this, but just for example's sake, as he has done similar acts in the past, including calling me a liar despite me simply stating verbatim what is stated in Scripture; not even adding doctrinal interpretation). The fact is, that he is wrong. I can say he is wrong. If he continues to declare he is right, he is, in fact, objectively, a liar.

If you state a falsehood, then promote said falsehood, you are a liar. This is objective factual truth.

marhig

How do you answer your own questions, Tam?

Is God's will always done or not?

Why do calamities happen? Are they God's will, too? Or not?

If not, what or who is their cause?

And if so, to what purpose?

You tell me . . .
What about man destroying the world we live in? Don't you think that we contribute to the disasters that happen by the way we pollute the earth, air, seas and rivers?

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

Hebrews 10:31 states; "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
Since we KNOW that God isn't the author of sin/evil as per 1 John 1:5, "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all," then we must assume that Isaiah 45:7 MUST have a different meaning. I would suggest, that meaning would be; God is a "fearful" administrator of wrath towards those who commit egregious sin and evil.

When we come across a verse of Scripture that SEEMS to contradict the "Character of God" then, we must look deeper for another purpose/meaning. Since it is, against the character of God to "create/cause" sin in any way shape or form we have to conclude that Isaiah 45:7 has a different meaning/purpose than what we may first conclude.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong! God controls everything behind the scenes good and bad. I guess if the fire from heaven fell on some city tomorrow we would write that off as some global warming event!

I'm afraid, you're the one that is WRONG. Accept that, and life will go much easier on you. God "ALLOWS" Hurricanes, etc, to occur in our time. such devastation is part of the fall of man. I'm of the belief that, God, in this "Dispensation of the Grace of God" isn't operating in this world the way He did during the Old/New Testament times. Therefore, we don't see "Sodom and Gomorrah" types of devastation that takes place by God's Authority.

We mustn't assume that God has "ordered up" Tornadoes/Hurricanes, etc. Again, these terrible things are taking place because we live in a sinful world.