Trump's Election an Echo, Not Foreshadowing

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you're 80% liberal and 20% conservative, you are a liberal.
Assuming that to be true, you'd have to have an objective metric establishing the ration, which you don't.

What I can tell you without much fear of contradiction is that I've never met a liberal who opposed abortion and supported gun rights. Maybe they're different where you're from...or maybe you're just declaring through that bias filter of yours again.

The 'moderate' thing is most often used frankly to sit on the fence and pea shoot.
No, but it's like someone from the hard right to think that. I've noted the why of it more than once, the monolithic paranoia that drives many of you. It's not inherent, but it does seem a popular choice.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Assuming that to be true, you'd have to have an objective metric establishing the ration, which you don't.

What I can tell you without much fear of contradiction is that I've never met a liberal who opposed abortion and supported gun rights. Maybe they're different where you're from...or maybe you're just declaring through that bias filter of yours again.

No, but it's like someone from the hard right to think that. I've noted the why of it more than once, the monolithic paranoia that drives many of you. It's not inherent, but it does seem a popular choice.

I consider myself to be 70% conservative, 30% liberal- which makes me a natural supporter for Trump, as I think most of his supporters are the same. The best way to go about this country is to be conservative with a liberal slant, whereas 'moderate' tends to simply be liberal with a conservative slant.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I consider myself to be 70% conservative, 30% liberal- which makes me a natural supporter for Trump, as I think most of his supporters are the same.
What, objectively speaking, makes any of that true?

The best way to go about this country is to be conservative with a liberal slant, whereas 'moderate' tends to simply be liberal with a conservative slant.
I read an article in the Atlantic a few years ago that I bookmarked. A survey of moderates was taken and it turned out that 40% of them considered themselves Democrats to 21% of Republicans. The rest were unaligned, ideologically. That's the closest thing I've seen to anything on the point. Meaning you're more likely to find a moderate in the Dems than Reps, but you're as likely to find someone unaligned. That makes sense if you consider it, means that in any given election if you sway the unaligned your party can carry the center, since 21% are naturally leaning your way and 39% are up for grabs. Similarly, if the left leaning moderates can bring in the center they can carry the field and the likely day for a given candidate.

That's why both parties court the center and why the center really isn't the way you envision it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"Institutional racism' is a means to divert workers away from those who own the means of production. It steals the show every time and while playing, a game of stacked cards with a loaded deck, playing the 'race' card' and they conveniently suggest you keep playing. Those with real wealth protect themselves from unwanted attention, just by saying, "look over there, that is the problem."