Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Tam, the punishment for adultery should be death. It should be made a capital crime, and enforced as much as is possible.

I DO NOT ADVOCATE that we catch adulterers in the act and stone them right then and there without a trial before a judge.

seems like that should be enough to clear that up :thumb:

do you suppose artie, glory and tam will admit their mistake and apologize?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Correct. In fact, only in 17 states (as of '17) is it illegal, and the punishments vary depending on the state, which, if it's even enforced (which is damning in and of itself), the punishment is usually a fine and/or jail time.
Then if it is GOD's will that you obey the civil law, adulterers are not to be stoned to death.
That should settle the issue as to what GOD wants you to do.

Only if man's law violates God's law should we commit civil disobedience (but never revolt)
GOD's law is that you obey the civil law, so how can it violate GOD's law?

I am advocating that we CHANGE our current laws to more closely resemble God's law.
Again, if it is GOD's will that you obey civil laws, then that is what you should be advocating and not wanting to CHANGE it.
I mean, come on JR, it can't be CLOSER to GOD's law if HIS law is to obey the civil law.

Because our current law is unjust. Simple as that.
Then you are saying that GOD giving our civil laws authority was unjust.

Stoning them is a just and swift and painful punishment for adultery.
Where is grace, mercy, and forgiveness for the sinner in that?

One would think that after you have studied the Mosaic law that you would realize that living under that law condemns all.
Because if man could be a righteous man living under the Mosaic law, then Christ died in vain.
Again, the law is not of faith, and the just shall live by faith, not law.
And again, if one chooses to live under law then they must abide by the WHOLE law (every jot and tittle).

Arthur Brain

seems like that should be enough to clear that up :thumb:

do you suppose artie, glory and tam will admit their mistake and apologize?

Well, nobody actually said that JR advocated taking a couple "caught in the act" without a trial and a judge and stone them there and then anyway. What he advocates is bat crazy but I've acknowledged that he still requires a trial and two to three witnesses so what am I supposed to be apologising for dosy?

Arthur Brain

If they are found guilty, they should be. In other words, our current law is unjust and should be changed.

How is advocating for righteous laws going against the government?

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. - Acts 5:29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:29&version=NKJV

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. - Romans 13:1-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans13:1-7&version=NKJV

We should OBEY the current authorities to the extent that they do not violate God's laws, AND ADVOCATE that the laws that do violate God's laws be changed so that they do not.

If the current governance is appointed by God then what in the world are you complaining about?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tam, the punishment for adultery should be death. It should be made a capital crime, and enforced as much as is possible.
The punishment should be what GOD has instructed.
And GOD has instructed that you obey civil authority.
But for some reason GOD's decision does not set well with you.

I DO NOT ADVOCATE that we catch adulterers in the act and stone them right then and there without a trial before a judge.
Civil authority says adulterers should not be stoned to death at all.
And if that is the authority GOD wants you to obey, then it is wrong to suggest the civil authorities are wrong and should change.

Arthur Brain

And if that is the authority GOD wants you to obey, then it is wrong to suggest the civil authorities are wrong and should change.

Yup, on the one hand he advocates all of this crazy stuff and on the other he acknowledges that appointed governances in the present age are ordained and the very same have no truck with his legalism.

Oops.

quip

BANNED
Banned
----------
We should OBEY the current authorities to the extent that they do not violate God's laws, AND ADVOCATE that the laws that do violate God's laws be changed so that they do not.

So, you're just an antiquated crank advocating for laws which will never come to pass?

That's a relief.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Not only that, he's also insisting that these ordained authorities are somehow violating God's own laws.

Go figure.

:AMR:

Meh...he's simply relegated to spending his remaining days yelling at CNN in his Bark-O-Lounger. :sozo2:
Not worth the time.

Hate to be his neighbor though!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Then if it is GOD's will that you obey the civil law, adulterers are not to be stoned to death.

Uh, no, God's will is that we also obey HIM rather than man (at least in issues pertaining to morality).

Hence why I quoted the verse from Acts.

That should settle the issue as to what GOD wants you to do.

See above.

GOD's law is that you obey the civil law, so how can it violate GOD's law?

Man says: Adultery should be legal (or not illegal).

God says: Adultery should be illegal and punishable by death.

Things that contradict God are ALWAYS wrong.

Again, if it is GOD's will that you obey civil laws, then that is what you should be advocating and not wanting to CHANGE it.

:think: "We must obey God rather than man" :think:

I mean, come on JR, it can't be CLOSER to GOD's law if HIS law is to obey the civil law.

It's not his law to obey governmental authorities.

It's His will that one does, EXCEPT when the governmental authorities violate His laws. And in the case of adultery, the governmental authorities violate God's law by legalizing adultery.

Then you are saying that GOD giving our civil laws authority was unjust.

Straw man.

God gave the law, absolute morality. Man made his own, mostly imitating (even if unintentional) God's law.

God's law is just. Man's law has the possibility of being just, as long as it imitates God's law.

Where is grace, mercy, and forgiveness for the sinner in that?

Between the sentence for an evil work and the execution, for grace and forgiveness, and after death for mercy.

It's also merciful to the victims of adultery to punish the criminal.

One would think that after you have studied the Mosaic law that you would realize that living under that law condemns all.

Uh... No, it doesn't.

If a man lives under the law, HE is the one who is condemned, not the ones around him.

Because if man could be a righteous man living under the Mosaic law, then Christ died in vain.

Once again, my goal is not to make society righteous. My goal is to slow the decay of society.

[QUTOE]Again, the law is not of faith, and the just shall live by faith, not law.[/QUOTE]

Which has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

We're talking about whether a wicked person should be punished.

And again, if one chooses to live under law then they must abide by the WHOLE law (every jot and tittle).

I agree, except when that law contradicts God's law.

The instruction is to obey civil authorities, is it not?

It's also to obey God RATHER than man.

Meaning that "obey the governmental authorities" is a general rule of thumb, not an absolute.

Was GOD telling you to obey something HE did not want you to obey?

God hasn't told me anything except through his Word, the Bible.

Then you should agree that "the adulterer and adulteress should be put to death" is to be the punishment for adultery.

*pounds gavel* Case closed!

As a general rule of thumb, yes.

Straw man.

It sits perfectly well with me, because there's more to it than just "obey the civil authorities."

And God says the adulterer and adulteress should be executed.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

False premise and subsequent straw man.

God wants man to obey the government, but He also wants man to obey HIM over the government, especially if what the government says to do is evil.