Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

Trump never controlled the media.

Politicians don't control the media in a democracy, although Trump did seek to control them by revoking press credentials to news organizations he deemed unfair. And there were several Trump campaign officials on staff at CNN. Trump did successfully manipulate news organizations.

Some of the really good stuff was irrelevant at the time, but awesome anyway. Like how afraid they were of Ben Carson in the general election. He is not a politician, same as Trump. So there is no baggage. And he is a minority. So the race card is out the window. And working white people will vote for him, like they did Obama.

And he says crazy things, same as Trump. Well, not exactly the same. I'm pretty sure Carson believes the crazy stuff that comes out of his mouth. Trump is just putting on a show.

They're both horrible. I don't know that I'd take one over the other, but the evil in Trump is something that looks a little too familiar. The whole Republican field this year was weak, despite being large. Maybe even because it was large.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I might post up the pre-election predictions. And not just the media. In case you haven't noticed, many have bailed after their propaganda bandwagon was derailed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like this.

I don't think that was the point he was making. The Republicans, thanks to the radicals, are going to the extreme right and losing more potential voters every day.

You *might* be able to get a Jeb Bush elected, but not a Ted Cruz. Get it yet?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She could have done more on the ground and on the cable channels, to focus the narrative on anything other than Trump.

She did. As did the willing accomplices in the media. She never brought it up, and they didn't bring it up to her. The media is really the propaganda machine of the DNC/establishment. The media talked about tax returns and went with false witness (best not to hire those working in the campaign), anything but the ideologies that drove the voters. Her ideology is a continuation of Obama. Sad, it took those idiots in Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania 8 years to figure Obama out. I guess they didn't believe him when he talked about such disdain he has for this country.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It really seemed odd and remarkable, given the polling numbers. It makes me wonder if she actually had any lead regarding electoral votes, at any point during the election. It was probably much closer than people realized, even before the "deplorables" comment or before people realized that she wasn't putting in much effort (in the right states).

Most polling you see on TV is intended to shape public opinion. Go watch the movie "V for Vendetta" sometime. The machine lost this time. The irony is that the machine pays people to show up and riot in the Guy Fawkes mask and the pawns don't even know it.

Quincy

She did. As did the willing accomplices in the media. She never brought it up, and they didn't bring it up to her. The media is really the propaganda machine of the DNC/establishment. The media talked about tax returns and went with false witness (best not to hire those working in the campaign), anything but the ideologies that drove the voters. Her ideology is a continuation of Obama. Sad, it took those idiots in Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania 8 years to figure Obama out. I guess they didn't believe him when he talked about such disdain he has for this country.

I didn't see her or the media do much at all beyond constantly railing on Trump because they believed he was unfit for public office. I don't think there was any collusion. The media does what it always does, repeat whatever gets them ratings for 24/7 and Hillary in her never-ending imcompetence decided to join the dogpile.

Most polling you see on TV is intended to shape public opinion. Go watch the movie "V for Vendetta" sometime. The machine lost this time. The irony is that the machine pays people to show up and riot in the Guy Fawkes mask and the pawns don't even know it.

I worry that you might watch too much tv/movies :chuckle: .

Last edited:

Alate_One

I don't fully agree with this. I agree with Quincy that Clinton was hurt significantly by losing a lot of blue-collar voters. She could have focused more on the economy and that group of voters but she didn't. Trump, meanwhile, did that a lot. That swing was based on policy.

Analysis shows that Clinon lost based on a few thousand votes in a few states. And polls showed a big drop in Hillary's support right around the date of Comey's letter.

Trump said little about policy throughout the campaign, other than immigration and trade. And he would often reverse himself on a variety of positions. Plus if you poll people on what they actually want, they don't line up with what Trump is doing and promoting.

For example, only 1 in 4 Americans want the ACA repealed.

68% of the public wants government action on climate change. and that includes about 50% of Republicans.

This has happened over and over in US elections, people don't appear to pay much attention to policy details. So Democrat's issues aren't ones of policy, it appears to be one of messaging (and having a very flawed candidate).

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If you say someone cannot do their job because of their race, that is racist. Period.

i wouldn't hire a black lifeguard :idunno:

i wouldn't hire a chinese linebacker :idunno:

and I wouldn't hire jesse jackson or al sharpton to do a job that required impartiality when it came to race

despite your assertions, that doesn't make me a racist

Quincy

Trump said little about policy throughout the campaign, other than immigration and trade. And he would often reverse himself on a variety of positions. Plus if you poll people on what they actually want, they don't line up with what Trump is doing and promoting.

Towards the end, he did do a lot more policy selling, culminating in his Gettysburg speech. I think at the time, most of us following the election underestimated that moment and what it did for him in sealing the deal with lots of conservatives. That was a huge moment for his campaign. There are many people who want increased coal production as well as the industries that benefit from that. Which is what flipped the "rustbelt" .

Alate_One

i wouldn't hire a black lifeguard :idunno:

i wouldn't hire a chinese linebacker :idunno:

and I wouldn't hire jesse jackson or al sharpton to do a job that required impartiality when it came to race

despite your assertions, that doesn't make me a racist

Actually, it does make you racist. You just stereotyped a bunch of races. Let's see how you explain why you wouldn't hire a black lifeguard.

Quincy

Sure, people have gambled on him, even their own healthcare but in KY, (and PA, WV, Ohio, MI and WI even) it's his policies on coal and the benefiting industries that flipped that area. I live here and for the last 6 years I've heard nothing but how Obama is the devil and ruining a culture he hates, etc etc. :idunno: , I'm just making the point that Trump and his perceived mandate is something that a lot of people wanted and they aren't all racists or whatever.

ClimateSanity

Trump IS a racist and has surrounded himself with racists. There's no smearing needed. If you say someone cannot do their job because of their race, that is racist. Period.

He also carried out housing discrimination.

It wasn't because of the judges race. Trump could not trust him because of the judges views on Mexican immigration. Any same person would not expect him to be remain impartial to someone who wants to deport all illegals.

ClimateSanity

Actually, it does make you racist. You just stereotyped a bunch of races. Let's see how you explain why you wouldn't hire a black lifeguard.

It doesn't make him a racist. Why hire someone from a race with a high percentage of people who cannot swim? Only after a person had proved himself capable of swimming, should he be concerned for hiring.

Alate_One

Sure, people have gambled on him, even their own healthcare but in KY, (and PA, WV, Ohio, MI and WI even) it's his policies on coal and the benefiting industries that flipped that area. I live here and for the last 6 years I've heard nothing but how Obama is the devil and ruining a culture he hates, etc etc. :idunno: , I'm just making the point that Trump and his perceived mandate is something that a lot of people wanted and they aren't all racists or whatever.
They're not all racists, but quite a few are. But the election not a mandate in the traditional sense. Trump only got 46% of the vote anyway. And even the votes he got, polls show, don't want him to do a lot of what he is already doing. So there's that.

Obama's election in 2012 was a mandate yet there was resistance to that. Do you expect people will not resist when there isn't a mandate for Trump?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It doesn't make him a racist. Why hire someone from a race with a high percentage of people who cannot swim? Only after a person had proved himself capable of swimming, should he be concerned for hiring.

i wouldn't hire an albino to play a game of high-stakes hide and go seek in the moonlight, either

for that, I'd hire a black man - the blacker the better :thumb:

does that make me racist against albinos?

Alate_One

i guess we need to define "racist" before throwing it around willy-nilly

for example, I would gladly hire ben carson to do brain surgery on my sick child, regardless of his race

Changing the subject I see. Racist doesn't mean "I think everyone of X race is bad at everything". It means you assume someone has particular abilities or lack thereof based on their skin color.

Status
Not open for further replies.