Trixie Belden series of books

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is mostly aimed at women around my age and older (36 and older), although my daughter now enjoys this series of books. Did any of you read the Trixie Belden series of books when you were pre-teens or teenagers? My Aunt Mary got me most of the books (there are 39 of them) for my 12th birthday.

The books were written from 1948 to 1986. The first six were written by Julie Campbell. Books seven through thirty-nine were written by Kathryn Kenny.

The series was about Trixie Belden, her best friend Honey (Madeline) Wheeler, Trixie's brothers: Brian, Mart, and Bobby; Honey's adopted brother, Jim Frayne, and their friends and the adults involved in their lives. Trixie and Honey are amateur detectives and the boys (with the exception of Bobby Belden) seem to get pulled into the mishaps whether they like it or not.

I just bid (hopefully, I'll win) on the first twenty-five of the series on eBay. :jessilu: has asked me to write a new series of Trixie Belden books involving the children of Trixie, her friends, and their families. I may just try it. I know that the original series is being re-released by Golden Books. I may not be able to publish them, but it would be fun to have them grow up and deal with kids just like them. :chuckle: