Trinity Proof Scriptures

Dartman

Yes what?
When someone posts a quote, and then "Yes", that always means "Yes" to the quote.

RD said:
You are very selective in using only pet verses and ignoring the rest.
Of course I don't "ignore the rest", and of course I repeat the same verses, which are very clear statements. We all select verses we believe support our position.
RD said:
Please give us the scripture that says that 'Jehovah alone is "the ONLY true God"'.
You have cut and pasted phrases from seperate Scriptures, that you KNOW are never quite stated in EXACTLY that combination in any text. This is a VERY transparent ploy.
By contrast, why don't you give us any Scripture that states, explains or preaches to an audience ANY tenet that is unique to the trinity or oneness! See how much more open this challenge is? And we both know there are no passages that meet this MUCH more broad scope.
RD said:

Isa 44:6 KJV Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

How about THAT "King of Israel"?
Jehovah/YHVH has always, and will always be the ultimate King of Israel. However, Jehovah has anointed MANY men as the King of Israel, including Jesus of Nazareth, a MAN of the fruit of David's loins.
RD said:
Who is "His redeemer the LORD of hosts"?
Jehovah is Israel's redeemer. Jehovah provided MANY redeemers throughout Israel's 1500 year kingdom, and lastly, Jehovah provided Jesus of Nazareth, whom Jehovah EXALTED to be Lord, Prince, Savior and Jehovah's Christ.

JR said:

Zec 14:3-4 KJV Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

The LORD will stand of the Mount of Olives, just like He did when He LEFT from the Mount of Olives.

Act 1:8-12 KJV But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (9) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Absolutely! The way Jehovah "fought in the day of battle" was VERY frequently a MAN, who was the appointed agent of (arm of ) Jehovah. That isn't the ONLY way Jehovah fought, He used earthquakes, and water, and insects, and fire from heaven, etc., to fight against His enemies. In Zech 14 Jehovah uses BOTH, He uses His appointed/anointed King, Jesus of Nazareth, (who is going to return to the Mt. of Olives, just like when he left), AND Jehovah uses plagues to defeat His enemies.

Remember, Jesus is the "prophet like unto Moses"!

Jehovah told Moses;
Ex 7:1 And Jehovah said unto Moses See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Right Divider

Body part
Remember, Jesus is the "prophet like unto Moses"!

Jehovah told Moses;
Ex 7:1 And Jehovah said unto Moses See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
Note what is DOESN'T say. It does NOT say that Jesus is like Moses IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY. Jesus is like Moses in that He is a PROPHET.

It says PROPHET LIKE UNTO MOSES.

"As God" is a SIMILE. Most heretics like yourself do not understand FIGURES OF SPEECH. The Bible uses TONS of them.

Joh 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) The same was in the beginning with God. (3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If you can't understand John then there is no hope for you.

NWL

Please give us the scripture that says that 'Jehovah alone is "the ONLY true God"'.

(Psalm 83:18) "..May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.."

(John 17:1,3) "..Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father...This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.."

Some context... Jesus is never referred to as the "most high", only the Father is ever called the most high, see Mark 5:7:

(Mark 5:7) "..Then he cried out with a loud voice: “What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I put you under oath by God not to torment me..”

Only the Father Jehovah is the most high God.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Only an idiot would think that proposition is true.
The very first clue that it is a false proposition is the use of the word "every".

By stating that it is false that 'Every instance of lying is an instance of a person lying to a person', you are stating that, on the contrary, 'Some instances of lying are not instances of a person lying to a person'. The proposition I affirmed cannot be false without its contradictory--the proposition you affirmed--being true. So, you are affirming that it is true that some instances of lying are not instances of a person lying to a person. I leave it to you, then, to offer some examples of instances of lying that you think are not instances of a person lying to a person. Go ahead and give some examples, then, of what things (other than persons) are things which you think can lie and/or be lied to.

There are other problems with the proposition,such as the lack of a reliable common definition for person...

What highlights your folly, here, is that you've already admitted that you are talking about the same proposition that I'm talking about; you've already admitted that the proposition I'm talking about is a proposition; you've already admitted that you think the proposition I'm talking about is a false proposition. So, now, it is useless for you to pretend that you think that you and I each meant something different from one another by the word 'person' when I affirmed, and you denied, the proposition, 'Every instance of lying is an instance of a person lying to a person'.

...the false conclusion that you can turn anything into a person by telling it a lie.

What do you mean, here, by 'person'?

Dartman

Oh, so you agree, then, that the Holy Ghost IS God, since you say that to lie to the Holy Ghost IS to lie to God.
I agree that the holy spirit is God's spirit/mind/power.
If you blaspheme God's mind, you have blasphemed God.
If God's power cures your blindness, GOD has cured your blindness.

My spirit is me too.

God is spirit, and so are we.

Right Divider

Body part
(Psalm 83:18) "..May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.."
Same WORD translated as Jehovah in Psalm 83 is translated LORD here describing the creation of man.

Gen 2:7 KJV And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This passage ALSO describes the creation of man:

Gen 1:26-27 KJV And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

These ALL describe the ONE LORD GOD, Creator of all things..... and so does this:

Joh 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) The same was in the beginning with God. (3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Completely clear that the ONE that CREATED ALL THINGS was made flesh.

Dartman

Note what is DOESN'T say. It does NOT say that Jesus is like Moses IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY. Jesus is like Moses in that He is a PROPHET.
Note it does NOT say Jesus is ONLY like Moses, in that he is a prophet.

There are OTHER way's Jesus is like Moses.
God spoke THROUGH Moses, God spoke through Jesus.
God spoke DIRECTLY TO Moses, God spoke DIRECTLY TO Jesus.
God gave Moses a Law that Moses was commanded to teach, God gave Jesus a Law that Jesus was commanded to teach.
When Pharaoh, or Israel, heard Moses, they were hearing God's words, not Moses' words.... except that ONE time, for which Moses was punished.
When Israel, and by extension the entire world, heard Jesus, they were hearing God's words .... not Christ's words..... EVERY time ... in contrast to Moses.
God gave Moses God's spirit/power.... God gave Jesus the spirit/power without "measure".

7djengo7

Jesus is never referred to as the "most high", only the Father is ever called the most high, see Mark 5:7:

(Mark 5:7) "..Then he cried out with a loud voice: “What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I put you under oath by God not to torment me..”

Only the Father Jehovah is the most high God.

You base what you think should/shouldn't be said about Jesus on what unclean spirits say/do not say about Jesus?

Does the 'L' in your user handle happen to stand for the name, 'Legion'?

john w

Hall of Fame

God is spirit, and so are we.

This fraud is going to "learn" us some "the Greek," and how that the Lord Jesus Christ is not God, all while he posts the above slop?

John 4 KJV
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

No, moron-it says that God is A Spirit.

Of course, your disdain for the details of the bible, a book of details, and your laziness, lackadaisical view towards the "volume of the book," explains your fake "Jesus."

Dartman

Show me where you think you read that in the Bible.
1) You seem to be attempting to invent a "straw man", implying I presented this as a quote. We both know I didn't.
2) There are MANY Scriptures that support the statement... here are a few;

1 Cor 2:6-13 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the holy spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

There are a number of interchangeable phrases in this context, establishing that "the wisdom of God", "the spirit of God", "His spirit" are synonymous.... and are in contrast to "the wisdom of the world", "the spirit of the world", "man's wisdom".

Matt 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the holy spirit shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the holy spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Jesus stated that blasphemy against Jesus could be forgiven .... but blaspheming God's spirit would NOT. CLEARLY they are NOT "co-equal".

NWL

You didn't respond to the scripture I present therefore your response contradicts scripture. There is no point giving a rebuttal to what I said unless you are able to demonstrate how the verses I showed didn't refute/answer what you originally asked. You asked for a scripture that reads in a specific way in an attempt to disprove a point, yet I was able to demonstrate the bible speaking in such a manner, you failed to acknowledge this.

Same WORD translated as Jehovah in Psalm 83 is translated LORD here describing the creation of man.

Gen 2:7 KJV And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This passage ALSO describes the creation of man:

Gen 1:26-27 KJV And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I'll respond to what you said about the "us" argument you showed in Gen 2:7 when compared to Gen 1:26-27. Firstly, the foundation of your argument rests on a false foundation or premise, that false premise being that when Gods says "Let us make man in our image" this God speaking as part of a trinity. You have falsely and un-scripturally assumed the verse is speaking in a trinitarian sense, nowhere does it show this in the said verse or chapter(s) (if it does then please show where), which leads to my second point.

Jesus is spoken of as being part of creation and the first thing made by God (See Col 1:15, Rev 3:14) and getting his life from the Father (John 6:57). Jesus is also spoken of as the one whom the Father created all things through (Hebrews 1:1-2). Scripture is clear that the Father is the source of all creation, it explains that the Father used Jesus and created the world through him, this is undeniable and irrefutable as the below scriptures show.

(Hebrews 1:1) "God... at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the world.

(1 Corinthians 8:6) "..the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live..."

Thus, it's my argument that when God said "let us make man in our image" in Gen 1, he was speaking to Jesus, who the Father himself had created and chosen to create the rest of mankind through, as I have demonstrated above. Again, the Father created the world "through" Jesus as Hebrews 1:1,2 states, the father is the source and originator of creation and used to Jesus to create all other things through, thus when God says "let us make man in out image" he's unintentionally demonstrating the method he used to create things, namely, through Jesus. God was simply speaking to Jesus in Gen 1:26-27 when he mentioned "us".

This is a more scriptural argument since scripture shows Jesus being the one whom the Father created and gave life to (John 6:57, Col 1:15, Rev 3:14), whom the Father created the world through (Hebrews 1:1-2, 1 Cor 8:6) and doesn't contradict scripture as your reasoning does.

These ALL describe the ONE LORD GOD, Creator of all things..... and so does this:

Completely clear that the ONE that CREATED ALL THINGS was made flesh.

I too believe Jesus created all things, but with the exception of himself. You're probably thinking, well John 1:3 says "all things were made through him", thus he HAD to have created all things himself, so how can it be "with the exception of himself" as I have stated. If you are thinking this you should realize that when scripture says "all things" it doesn't literally have to mean all things, as I can demonstrate.

(Hebrews 2:7-10) "..You made him [Man] a little lower than angels; you crowned him with glory and honor, and appointed him over the works of your hands. 8 All things you subjected under his feet.” By subjecting all things to him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Now, though, we do not yet see all things in subjection to him. 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made a little lower than angels, now crowned with glory and honor for having suffered death.."

Hebrew 2 states God subjected "all things" under Man/Adam feet and went so far as to say that "God left nothing that is not subject to him". So lets see if your argument remains consistent when you answer this, when God subject "all things" under Man/Adams feet and left "NOTHING that is NOT" subject to him, was God himself subjected to man, since he too is no doubt part of all things, and are the Angels subjected to man since they as well are part of all things?

Last edited:

7djengo7

1) You seem to be attempting to invent a "straw man", implying I presented this as a quote. We both know I didn't.
2) There are MANY Scriptures that support the statement... here are a few;

1 Cor 2:6-13 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the holy spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

There are a number of interchangeable phrases in this context, establishing that "the wisdom of God", "the spirit of God", "His spirit" are synonymous.... and are in contrast to "the wisdom of the world", "the spirit of the world", "man's wisdom".

Why'd you stop there? Why did you not include 1 Corinthians 1:23-24 KJV?

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Is Jesus Christ the power of God? Yes or No?
Is Jesus Christ the wisdom of God? Yes or No?

And, remember, you have already said:

I agree that the holy spirit is God's spirit/mind/power.

Is Jesus Christ God's wisdom/power? Yes or No?

musterion

Christ did not rebuke Thomas for calling Him his God.

The Holy Spirit indwells a saved person, who is the temple of God.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us...and the Word was (and is) God.

You people really have no idea what you're arguing against, and I'll bet none of you can even articulate why you argue against it.

NWL

You base what you think should/shouldn't be said about Jesus on what unclean spirits say/do not say about Jesus?

No, I base it on the Bible, you assume only one verse supports my claim? You'll be sorry to find out it doesn't, since even good spirits acknowledged the basic truth that Jesus is the Son of the Most High.

(Luke 1:28-31) "..And coming in, the angel said to her: “Greetings, you highly favored one, the Lord is with you.” 29 But she was deeply disturbed at his words and tried to understand what kind of greeting this might be. 30 So the angel said to her: “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And look! you will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus. This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High.."

Let me do the christian thing and not return the insult as Christ taught. Agape friend.