Trad, do you dislike black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
When i was a teen, i worked in a store and there was a black guy who worked there, who asked me out all the time, even though i kept politely saying no, then he started telling others i was racist and then one day in front of other people in the break room, he asked me again but also asked me if the reason i said no was because i was racist.

I said no, its because i dont think black men are attractive and prefer the way white men look. Others thought that made me racist, instead of honest.

People like what they like, they have a right to their own opinion, whether you like it or not. Anna.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So the thought of it makes him sick, so what?
So it speaks to a deficiency in him that I hope he addresses one day for the better.

He has a right to his opinions and preferences like everyone else.
Sure. Everyone has the right to be a racist. And everyone else is free to note it and understand it as the context when matters pertaining to race come along.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
When i was a teen, i worked in a store and there was a black guy who worked there, who asked me out all the time, even though i kept politely saying no, then he started telling others i was racist and then one day in front of other people in the break room, he asked me again but also asked me if the reason i said no was because i was racist.

I said no, its because i dont think black men are attractive and prefer the way white men look. Others thought that made me racist, instead of honest.

People like what they like, they have a right to their own opinion, whether you like it or not. Anna.

I have a right to my opinion of you, whether you like it or not, A4T.

Just like you have the right to be an apologist for a known racist.

BTW, I couldn't care less about your dating history, thanks.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So it speaks to a deficiency in him that I hope he addresses one day for the better.

You are just as deficient. You need a savior like everyone else does.

Sure. Everyone has the right to be a racist. And everyone else is free to note it and understand it as the context when matters pertaining to race come along.

Maybe he is and maybe he isnt, im not but have been falsely accused it often, just by the nature of me being white, and im sick of it.

Being sick of it, doesnt make me a racist.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never dated a black man ... for the simple fact that when I was growing up and of dating age, I was surrounded by mainly white guys.

Had that not been the case, my parents would have never been supportive of my dating a black man. My father's reasons were more racial so I didn't even bother trying to correct his faulty logic.

My mother, OTOH, was more concerned about the the children of such unions being picked on by other kids. My response: Those children would be wrong ... and their bullying should not be accepted or supported.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are just as deficient. You need a savior like everyone else does.
Everyone needs grace. No argument on the point. So, I'd respond to you the way I'd imagine you'd respond to an active homosexual by saying that while we all need grace we shouldn't be proud of or comfortable in our sin. His deficiency isn't a source of shame for him, isn't a thing he's rejecting and so it's a problem in a different way and it's a context that should be understood whenever he speaks to the issue or something resting on it.

Maybe he is and maybe he isnt, im not but have been falsely accused it often, just by the nature of me being white, and im sick of it.
It isn't a maybe. He has a problem with black people sufficient to make him vomit at the thought of marriage between races and sufficient that in his perfect world he'd remove them from his sight. Their presence disturbs him. He's said so plainly enough.

That he doesn't wish them ill is some balm, but no real saving grace.

Being sick of it, doesnt make me a racist.
Being sick of them does.

glorydaz

Yes, and you are free to note how I'm any horrible thing that enters into that little pea brain of yours, but it doesn't mean you are right.

Just as my assessment of your pea brain may actually be giving you the benefit of the doubt, or I may be spot on.

But in truth, your assessment of me speaks to a deficiency in YOU. What I find amusing is that you actually seem to believe all the nonsense you put forth. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes, and you are free to note how I'm any horrible thing that enters into that little pea brain
Needlessly childish comes to mind at present. :plain:

of yours, but it doesn't mean you are right.
It does if it's the product of the verifiable. I'm not saying anything about Trad that he hasn't set out for public consumption.

Just as my assessment of your pea brain may actually be giving you the benefit of the doubt, or I may be spot on.
Now you're just trying to help me, but I think you did it without doubling down. :D

But in truth, your assessment of me speaks to a deficiency in YOU.
Still blaming the other guy, eh?

What I find amusing is that you actually seem to believe all the nonsense you put forth. :)
I find your using the word "forth" amusing. :thumb:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And i need to know what you care about concerning me, why exactly? The only comment adressed to you, was the last line, that people like what they like. :)

Since it's not the first time you've told us about your dating history WRT not dating black men, I chose to tell you I wasn't interested in your dating history. :)

glorydaz

No it doesnt but that not the same as suggesting that inter racial marriage makes him sick, which what he did there.

No-one asked Trad to marry anyone of any colour, he got upset by other peoples choices.

And why in the world should it bother you whether mixed marriages bother him or not?
In fact, the idea that it bothers you makes me sick. :think:

I'm quite sure we wouldn't have to dig too deep to find something in your own life to make someone here sick.
That avatar of yours doesn't do much for me, I'll tell you that.

glorydaz

Since it's not the first time you've told us about your dating history WRT not dating black men, I chose to tell you I wasn't interested in your dating history. :)

Uh oh, I see a green eyed monster poking out it's little head.

Isn't there a dating site you can try, Anna? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.