Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Monday Morning Gazette

Had a conversation about context...
...Just because one person chooses to base their moral priorities on a religious book and another person chooses to base their moral priorities on secular respect for human life, doesn't mean they aren't both still choosing, or that either of them could not choose to change their moral priorities at ANY GIVEN MOMENT.
I'm not arguing that people can't change, but if an atheist abandons his chosen context at the drop of a self interested hat he isn't actually contradicting his larger truth. A Christian would have to abandon his to do the same. That's a difference worth noting.

And a pleasant salutation in the "good morning" club turned...
Good day everyone...am I the only one who enjoys good old Nescafe?
Yes, oddly enough. The company singularly exists to make your morning better, which is admirable, but not fiscally responsible. :plain:

Met one anna meeting another and couldn't help...
Hi anna from Florida.... from anna in California. :)

So that's one anna, two anna... :eek:

Welcome aboard, anna from my home state. :D (no, the other one)

Which led to anna savagely attacking my state and the state of the weather there...
I suppose when the sun came out from behind the storm clouds you thought it had just risen. :eek:
Like I said, it's been like living in Seattle, but with worse coffee. :mmph:

While MEshak was tearing her sack cloth and showing her ash...
Ok, I am not arguing about it. It is just amazing that two mods engaging in attacking one member. this thread is Eeset bashing thread. I understand that Eeset is not perfect, regardless...

I feel so sorry for you guys.
It really, really comes across. Your concern, I mean. And your sorrow. Especially your sorrow. That's hard to miss.

I don't know how you go on, sometimes...or why. :plain:

Leading zoo to delcare...
I pos repped meshak for that.
For not saying more? :think: I bet she could make a cottage industry out of that.

Else, fresh off trolling Quixote's...
Perhaps I can clarify something for you. First, I actually like every TOL member even those who disparage my character.
Yes, yes. I could quote dozens of interesting examples of you liking me, my personal situation with my wife, all sorts of friendly notice that really underscores how you feel.

In fact there are only 3 people on TOL that have ever warranted significant concern to me and in each case I tried to avoid conflict but ultimately succumbed to temptation. And in all 3 cases I found myself not believing those 3 to be believable...
You speaking to credibility is like taking advice from Gandhi on steak seasoning.

I am not claiming victim status.
You mean you aren't now. And by now I mean literally this very post, because you could "evolve" any old second. Then it's Katie bar the door.

But there is an important reason that I am responding to you Nori.
You're a moderator...I spoiled it, didn't I? :plain: (that was to Nori)

I have made considerable effort to present myself differently but it has been futile and is always met with derision.
Probably because you present yourself differently from post to post.

...That is not a claim of victim. It is a factual statement of something I have had to face and learn to forgive. I suppose I should thank them because I have indeed learned to forgive better.
What time did that happen?

...I am trying and with your help I know I can succeed.
That would be great. You must have started today. Because yesterday you did the "How interesting" sarcastic bit in Quixote's which wasn't responding to anything written to or about you there. It seemed like you were piling in to help your buddy Sod spam the thread.

And by seemed I mean that's exactly what you were doing.

...I pray for TOL and all of the members here. May the peace of God be with each of you always.
Prayer is always a good thing.

Q had an observation in the growing older thread...
When your wife points out your eyebrow hairs are turning white.

It's even worse when you are just 31 :chuckle: .
:think: Shave'em off I say. You'll grow accustomed to it over time and think of how surprised everyone will be...and how surprised you'll look to everyone.

Then Eeset was back in here with...
When you issued the OP in Quixote's some of us believed you were serious. Were we wrong?
Almost nothing you've posted there has been in the spirit of that OP. What you did was crowd in with Sod and, before her melt down, sky and do your best to spam the thread. Like I have to tell you.

So when, on rare occasion and I suspect mostly by accident one of you managed to I gave pos rep. When I noted the other and you continued in the practice, as with your series of one liners the other night you got what you asked for.

More lies and distortions from Eeset...oh gosh and goodness, who could have seen it coming. :rolleyes:

Ray Charles, that's who.

Tomorrow? Eeset gives herself a coup de grace and Steve Buscemi gets himself et. :plain:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps this should be edited. It seems to have changed.

it does, doesn't it? :think:

and here's one of my favorite passages

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So the other day Jack asked me, "What do you do?"

He asks that of anyone he comes into contact with lately.

And I said, "I take care of you and love you. What do you think about that?"

He said, "That's a good job."

He has no idea. :)

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So the other day Jack asked me, "What do you do?"

He asks that of anyone he comes into contact with lately.

And I said, "I take care of you and love you. What do you think about that?"

He said, "That's a good job."

He has no idea. :)

Oh my goodness!! How precious!! :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh my goodness!! How precious!! :)
He's really amazing. Today was the first really fall like day we've had and we had an "adventure" day, making deep yard discoveries. I have a fire break around the rough parameter of the acreage and much of it is well into the woods so we have a clear, level nature walk. This was the first time he's walked much of it and it was a great deal of fun watching him notice things and ask about sounds and birds. :D

bybee

He's really amazing. Today was the first really fall like day we've had and we had an "adventure" day, making deep yard discoveries. I have a fire break around the rough parameter of the acreage and much of it is well into the woods so we have a clear, level nature walk. This was the first time he's walked much of it and it was a great deal of fun watching him notice things and ask about sounds and birds. :D

Our eyes become young again in the company of a child!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sorry about the trolls, folks. I guess they're just lonely and miserable and don't know how to go about anything else. :idunno:

Anyway, I'l stop in now and then and leave a link to the Gazette or answer people interested in the place, as opposed to simply being seen to be here.

The latest Gazette found here.