LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it ran backwards. :)

1iihwj.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I suppose that given he's off the leash with the admin what I'll do is wait to post the Gazette after hours. It's either that or back to the locking business and that's just too much effort.

So look for the next Gazette sometime in the evening on whatever day the accumulation provides it. :thumb:

Except for today. Today I'm locking it so the rest of you who come here to read it can see this and understand the new schedule.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
i know you like to think you're special, but you're not
Methinks the lady doth protest too much...and too often.

Number of ok doser threads I've posted in: 1.
Total posts: 4

Number of posts by ok doser in Quixote's alone and by that username alone: 68

Get the picture? If not, here it is again:
Spoiler

picture.php

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
from your OP: "I wanted a place for people to stop in and talk about anything they think the rest of us might find interesting"

I wrote the OP and understand the spirit of it, as do you. You aren't stupid. Unfortunately you're also not particularly interesting, which is an explanation for what doesn't tend to happen in your threads and why you lean heavily in to sensational conduct to make up for what you can't bring to the table. It's also why you latch onto a few of us, I suppose.

Or, you're about as hard to figure out as one digit addition.

guess you dint really mean that :idunno:
Yes, yes, if only you'd known that I didn't want to be trolled. :rolleyes:

bybee

from your OP:
I wanted a place for people to stop in and talk about anything they think the rest of us might find interesting

guess you dint really mean that :idunno:

You do have a certain something... that inspires horrid fascination... the way in which you trash your wife for instance.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Thursday Night Gazette

Talked about the most famous court clerk in Kentucky...
Perhaps she will be the recipient of her own variety show on A&E. :plain:
The Kim Davis Lack of Variety Hour?

After anna noted disturbing comments from readers of an article aimed at women...
They are comments that men frustrated with women would say.
They're the sort of comments that someone lacking in character would say. Why a man feels justified about being that isn't compelling. What's compelling is a complaint from and illustrating character.

The message is not the messages themselves, but the reason they were posted.
Because the people who posted them lack a fundamental decency and can't recognize the indefensible nature of their conduct.

Talked immigration with Trad...
...Well, lo and behold, there are more and more Muslims in Europe, and we are seeing more and more crime, more rape, and a whole bunch of other problems that didn't use to be there...The most that you people can muster is: "But it's only a small minority. Most of them aren't like that. ...Meanwhile, of course, they would never accept this argument from the NRA...
Let me turn that around. A friend of mine said why entertain even a relatively small risk of real harm. I noted that this is never an argument gun owners accept in relation to their right to bear arms.

You disagree with me?
I disagree with any conclusion that predates substantive, serious consideration and facts in support. So in part I have to, though I think you raise issues that bear scrutiny and that's always a good thing, provided we're prepared, on all sides, to learn from the findings and we take care how we compile the data.

That degraded under scrutiny...
...The problem with Muslims...
A sentence that broad rarely contains an ending steeped in dispassionate observation. Maybe the latter is your religious and/or personal bias in play. Stick to data.

At any rate, I believe I've been quite clear in my message:

Expel all Muslim immigrants from the West.
And without that data you've reached a conclusion.You're educated enough to understand the mistake you're making here and have had it pointed out in any event. What you're suggesting works an injustice against those who have not by their actions merited the exclusion. Beyond that it's impractical. You want to start building the great wall of Europe?

On accusations about Muslims and crime...
It's commonly repeated by conservative sources.
So if most liberal sources actually did suggest that conservatives were racist that would make it true? That's your standard of proof as an academician? :plain:

...Muslim immigrants are dangerous.
Some doubtless are. But so is the tendency to stereotype out of our internal dispositions instead of looking for the truth, comfortable or not, contained in objective data.

Offered a little advice to a...newbie?
I did a bit of digging, and told by a little bird some things.
Avoid little birds. They have little bird brains and little bird agendas.

Also, if you're being accused of being someone else, someone you didn't know or interact with the worst possible thing you could do is be seen coming to his defense.

Then Trad was back...
You're going to insist on objective surveys, statistics, etc.
Yes, Trad, I'm going to unreasonably insist that before we start deporting every Muslim immigrant you can rationally justify the necessity.

...One or two Muslim immigrants going around harassing people is the sort of thing you have to expect, I suppose. An entire crowd of them?
One or two soccer fans going around harassing people is the sort of thing you have to expect after a match, I suppose. But a crowd of them?

And...
Why don't you google "Are Muslim immigrants more likely to commit rape?" If you simply survey the results, I think you'll understand what I mean. You will get a whole lot of websites which will tell you that Muslim immigrants are dangerous and that they are responsible for a vastly disproportionate amount of rape.
If you look up "Jews are evil" you'll find a few websites too. And they'll tell you all sorts of things that aren't true. Some of them have books. :plain:

I could very well cite these...The problem, of course, that you will find with it is that these tend to be anti-Muslim, anti-immigration, right-wing websites and news sources. You'll accuse them of bias.
I don't have to. You just did.

...The cologne attacks are evidence of something. What degree of evidence? I won't dispute it. But they are evidence.
You find a man hanging in the woods. It's evidence of something too. The problem comes in when we assume we know the "of what" instead of determining it objectively as best we can.

...The Islamic "religion" is diametrically opposed to Western values, legal and political doctrine, etc.
The native Muslim population will be mostly surprised to hear it. As will the people of Turkey.

Then Theo said...
Where I come from...

"The more you stir a turd, the more it stinks."

Jus' sayin."
I live in a rural, small town, but there just have to be limits on what constitutes popular entertainment. :plain:

But eventually...
...I don't even think that "objective evidence" which is in accordance with your standards is even necessary.
It's not "my" standard. Did you major/concentrate in electives before grad school? Did you get a degree in tapestry or French art?

There's sufficient evidence playing itself out in the media.
Not if you understand anything, literally anything about proper methodology for...you know what, forget it. It was clear enough when you eschewed inquiry for anecdote that there's nothing rational about your approach. You are an educated man who might as well not be on the point.

I don't need statistics to see that Muslim immigrants are acting differently from other immigrants.
Yes, you do. Or you do if what's true matters instead of what you apparently want to be true.

While in the marital rape thread...
...By the very nature of holy marriage, a husband forcing sex upon his wife cannot be seen as 'rape' in the fashion of two people not married-they are one in the flesh.
I don't see why not. Same mechanism in both.

...It's a victim complex, it's not actually real but something imagined. That's the effect that feminism has done, you wouldn't catch women acting that way about it a century ago.
You wouldn't catch blacks voting a century ago, but it doesn't mean they didn't want to.

When Trad suggested...
Again, a possible argument against marital rape being rape:

Rape is a sin against justice. As Aristotle tells us, there is no injustice against oneself. A wife is an extension of oneself, and in the marital union, there is "but one flesh." Therefore, etc.

I have serious doubts about this argument, but I can see it arising.
So when the wife responds by severing the member of her sleeping husband she only does herself an injury. :plain:

And we'll wrap with...
Yes.

But you asked, "Why are american angry?"

I believe you meant to ask, "Why are America angry?" :plain:

Tomorrow? I think Fox starts the Super Bowl pregame show. :think: