• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric (Electric Universe Theory)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Fermi Bubbles are two huge structures “burped out” by the Milky Way’s supermassive black hole and visible in X-ray and gamma-ray light. -- http://astronomy.com/news/2017/03/fermi-bubbles

What is it about that article that is one whit more plausible than any explanation given by the EU? Are we just supposed to take it as coincidence that the two lobes are symmetrical and forget that an event caused by a singularity would have no way of creating two partially overlapped spheres? I mean if this were caused by a single event then why would the aftermath be so uniformly symmetrical at all and under what imaginable circumstance could it have caused two distinct lobes to form rather than a single lobe centered around the event?

Further, 6 - 9 million years ago? That's a very large margin of error. I mean, 9 million years is a full 50% longer period of time than 6 million years. I get that it more than a mere guess but common already.

Lastly, it is most important that the article presents an interpretation of observed data. The data consists of negatively red-shifted (blue-shifted) high velocity absorption spectra. In other words, they use the light absorbed by the gasses in the bubble to determine how fast they are moving. That's it. That's all the data actually tells them. Every syllable of anything about a black-hole is interpretation based on what the scientist think they already know. The data does not, so far as I am aware, contradict anything that the EU theory states about the nature of these Fermi Bubbles. They would simply have a different interpretation of the data.

Clete

P.S. Keep in mind that I'm really truly am not an EU proponent. I'm mainly playing devil's advocate here and responding in the manner that I would intuitively expect an actual EU devotee to respond.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
User Name,

After reading that critique you linked to, I have to say that I'm rather disappointed in it. It was way too generalized and made assumptions based on those generalizations that just do not accurately portray what the EU is. In short, the author set up five straw men and, after knocking them down, declared the EU debunked.

What really puts the nail in the EU coffin for me is the comment found here: https://archive.is/3pLPJ#selection-1417.52-1443.599

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What really puts the nail in the EU coffin for me is the comment found here: https://archive.is/3pLPJ#selection-1417.52-1443.599

The fact that it even raises a nail to put in the coffin is an excellent example of the sort of confirmation bias that I'm talking about in regards to people rejecting alternative cosmologies without even understanding what they actually propose. The comment you highlight sounds very reasonable and would be an excellent point except that the EU does NOT deny that plasma is neutral in an overall sense, it does not present plasma as something other than what the experimental and observational evidence supports, which is very clear and quite well known and understood. As a result, the comment doesn't even touch the EU much less hammer nails in it's coffin.

The very next comment after the one you highlighted puts it perfectly...

"A common misconception. Cosmic plasma is not electrically neutral, it is quasi-neutral, which means that it tends towards neutrality. This is why the solar wind is not held by the Sun's gravitation field, and accelerates towards the heliopause, and why it forms the heliospheric current sheet, carrying a billion amps.

Even the immense gravitational field of a black hole can not hold its surrounding plasma, and forms astrophysical jets (which are actually non-neutral, ie. they are charged particle beams), that can extend 5000 light-years (M87's jet).

Yes, space plasmas are neutral overall, but quasi-neutraliity means that charge imbalances occur, over light-years, as demonstrated by jets."​

Clete

gcthomas

Still waiting for a quantitative theory. Without it all you get is hand wavy qualitative, descriptive explanations that are no more useful than Hydroplate theory or Bach Flower remedies.

Without numbers there is nothing to use to price that the theory predicts anything at all, asks it certainly doesn't disprove actual physics, which has a fantastically precise, quantitative sweet of theories and experimental results.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The fact that it even raises a nail to put in the coffin is an excellent example of the sort of confirmation bias that I'm talking about in regards to people rejecting alternative cosmologies without even understanding what they actually propose.

Seems that is what you are doing with mainstream science.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Peratt was a protégé of the Nobel Prize winner, plasma physicist Hannes Alfven

Most EU proponents claim some kind of relation to the "plasma cosmology" of the Nobel Prize laureate Hannes Alfvén (see also Nobel disease). Too bad his model was rendered obsolete by the missing observations of the radio emission predicted by his cosmology. -- https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Electric_Universe

Nobel-Prize winning physicist, Hannes Alfvén, who pioneered the study of plasmas and founded the field of magneto-hydrodynamics (combining electromagnetism and fluid dynamics), is generally regarded as the ‘father’ of plasma cosmology. The underlying concept is that electromagnetic forces, being much stronger than gravitational forces, control much of the large-scale evolution of the Universe. Alfvén has proposed large-scale circuits of currents flowing along magnetic fields as driving mechanisms in active galaxies. Other plasma cosmology advocates, such as Anthony Peratt have developed physics-based simulations of interacting currents forming structures similar to spiral galaxies. Some aspects of plasma cosmology enjoyed a revival of interest in the 1980s but began to die in the 1990s. This loss of interest was very possibly the result of the all-sky microwave maps of COBE and later WMAP, which exhibited no evidence of radio emission from these galaxy-forming currents. -- http://web.archive.org/web/20150416...by-donaldescott-review-discussion-against.pdf

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The "electric star" model proposed by Ralph Juergens in 1970s (in Pensee II, IX & X, SIS Review, & Kronos) and revived by Wallace Thornhill in The Electric Universe (1998), part of his "holoscience" project, (in which the Sun is a non-convecting, isothermal ball of plasma powered by infalling galactic electrons and many craters in the Solar System are the result of gigantic electric discharges, etc.) [as deus ex machina] cannot rescue the "polar configuration" from its fatal flaws because the model is a non-starter. It is disproved by practically everything known about the actual behavior of the Sun and heliosphere...Thornhill either ignores or dismisses all the negative evidence such as:

(i) the absence of x-rays in coronal holes (which should be produced by infalling electrons for which no evidence exists beyond the wishful thinking of Thornhill and star-struck acolytes such as Amy & Mel Acheson writing for Thoth and Atlantis Rising, and Don Scott, an electrical engineer, who in parroting Ralph Juergens in Kronos IV:4, 1979, also fails to understand the importance of the Reynolds Number in defining turbulence in photospheric granulation.),
(ii) the proof that granulation in the Sun's photosphere is an expression of convection,
(iii) the mere existence of the solar wind in which no inflowing electrons have been detected,
(iv) the absence of characteristic particles from the nuclear fusion claimed to occur in the photosphere, etc., etc.

The model lacks rigorous mathematical support. No one has ever shown that the electric charge required to produce the cited craters, e.g., Aristarchus on the Moon, is feasible, while rigorous mathematical modelling to explain the high temperature in the Sun's corona, a favorite anomaly cited against standard theory, in conventional terms is progressing steadily. The simplistic analogies to plasma and electrical discharge phenomena that are invoked to support the model [as in Talbott & Thornhill's Thunderbolts of the Gods (2002)] cannot nullify the verdict of the overwhelming negative evidence and serve only as an example of invincible ignorance, showing the proponents do not know, for example, the difference between a plasmoid and a pair of opposed lotus blossoms used by the Greeks to represent the thunderbolt held by Zeus. Other examples of so-called electric discharge effects on planets, asteroids, and satellites (such as Europa) can be explained by conventional means without invoking cosmic electricity. -- http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/velidelu.html

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Seems that is what you are doing with mainstream science.

How so?

I'm in no way attempting to debunk mainstream science by erecting straw-men to knock down or creating red herrings in an attempt at some logical misdirection. I don't doubt that some of what might be presented by EU proponents may qualify as such but I'm certainly not doing that and what little of that occurs in EU circles is, in my estimation, easy to detect and easy to ignore.

It is mainstream science that in entrenched here, not me and not the EU folks either, so far as I can tell. These people don't have professorships and six figure salaries to protect. On the contrary, these folks, if anything, have sacrificed their reputations and any chance at a main stream career by backing these ideas. Contrary to what is commonly charged against them, they have next to nothing to sell you. There is a book or two and some videos of their conferences but its not like those are flying off the shelves. These people are not getting rich trying to sell people an alternative cosmology.

At any rate, it isn't so much their theory that I've bought into but rather their approach to science in general. I have, for a long time, had serious misgivings about the fact that nearly all physicists are not actually doing physics anymore. They are mathematicians and computer technicians. gcthomas isn't even capable of speaking about science in conceptual terms and actually believes that a theory isn't worthy of discussion unless and until it is expressed in mathematical terms. Even the actual science they do perform is interpreted from within a paradigm that is predicated primarily on mathematics rather than on actual physics. I, on the other hand, acknowledge the usefulness and necessity of mathematics while maintaining an understanding that the world is physical not mathematical and that the study of the real world requires physical, experimental and observational science to actually take place. Modern science is all to willing to rely on computer models and very often (not always) are caught hunting for evidence to suit their computer models (i.e. their mathematical based theories) rather than hunting for theories to suit the evidence. This is what has given rise to ideas such as dark matter, dark energy, black holes and other unobserved phenomena. It has also given rise to what is, in practice, an unfalsifiable cosmology. Science is surprised by the real world every time they open their eyes to look at it and they are seemingly constantly talking about "rewriting the science text-books" and "reworking their theories" and "going back to the drawing board" etc. except that it never actually happens. What happens instead is a computer technician / "physicists", fiddles with the proverbial knobs, levers and switches until finally, somehow the math magically works out and then whatever it was that they did in the computer is added to the scientific cosmological dogma and everyone's careers are saved and everyone lives happily ever after.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The "electric star" model proposed by Ralph Juergens in 1970s (in Pensee II, IX & X, SIS Review, & Kronos) and revived by Wallace Thornhill in The Electric Universe (1998), part of his "holoscience" project, (in which the Sun is a non-convecting, isothermal ball of plasma powered by infalling galactic electrons and many craters in the Solar System are the result of gigantic electric discharges, etc.) [as deus ex machina] cannot rescue the "polar configuration" from its fatal flaws because the model is a non-starter. It is disproved by practically everything known about the actual behavior of the Sun and heliosphere...Thornhill either ignores or dismisses all the negative evidence such as:

(i) the absence of x-rays in coronal holes (which should be produced by infalling electrons for which no evidence exists beyond the wishful thinking of Thornhill and star-struck acolytes such as Amy & Mel Acheson writing for Thoth and Atlantis Rising, and Don Scott, an electrical engineer, who in parroting Ralph Juergens in Kronos IV:4, 1979, also fails to understand the importance of the Reynolds Number in defining turbulence in photospheric granulation.),
(ii) the proof that granulation in the Sun's photosphere is an expression of convection,
(iii) the mere existence of the solar wind in which no inflowing electrons have been detected,
(iv) the absence of characteristic particles from the nuclear fusion claimed to occur in the photosphere, etc., etc.

The model lacks rigorous mathematical support. No one has ever shown that the electric charge required to produce the cited craters, e.g., Aristarchus on the Moon, is feasible, while rigorous mathematical modelling to explain the high temperature in the Sun's corona, a favorite anomaly cited against standard theory, in conventional terms is progressing steadily. The simplistic analogies to plasma and electrical discharge phenomena that are invoked to support the model [as in Talbott & Thornhill's Thunderbolts of the Gods (2002)] cannot nullify the verdict of the overwhelming negative evidence and serve only as an example of invincible ignorance, showing the proponents do not know, for example, the difference between a plasmoid and a pair of opposed lotus blossoms used by the Greeks to represent the thunderbolt held by Zeus. Other examples of so-called electric discharge effects on planets, asteroids, and satellites (such as Europa) can be explained by conventional means without invoking cosmic electricity. -- http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/velidelu.html

While I've read and heard enough of the EU materials to know that the above critique, as well as that stated in the post immediately prior to the one I quoted here, contains gross over generalizations of what EU actually proposes and also makes arguments that are only valid if the standard model is correct (i.e. question begging arguments), I've decided that I won't directly address them here. It would require quite a lot of effort on my part for one thing and I just can't muster the wherewithal to do it because I just don't buy the whole "electric star" idea. One of my biggest problems with the EU community is that they seem to want to explain seemingly everything as being electrical in nature. They, in effect, make the opposite mistake that mainstream science does. Where mainstream science rejects electromagnetism as being significant hardly at all on cosmological scales, the EU has a tendency to see electricity everywhere on practically every scale. The electric star model is one of their specifics that I just don't see the justification for. I'd buy the notion that the electromagnetic force is more involved than standard cosmologists think but the idea that a star is an actual electrical discharge is quite another thing entirely.

Clete

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Two Stars Slammed Into Each Other And Solved Half Of Astronomy’s Problems

On that day, astronomers bore witness to the titanic collision of two neutron stars, the densest things in the universe besides black holes. In the collision’s wake, astronomers answered multiple major questions that have dominated their field for a generation. They solved the origin of gamma-ray bursts, mysterious jets of hardcore radiation that could potentially roast Earth. They glimpsed the forging of heavy metals, like gold and platinum. They measured the rate at which the expansion of the universe is accelerating. They caught light at the same time as gravitational waves, confirmation that waves move at the speed of light. And there was more, and there is much more yet to come from this discovery.

-- https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-half-of-astronomys-problems-what-comes-next/

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric #5: Pulsars

Transcript...

Spoiler

00:06
welcome to space news from the electric
00:08
universe brought to you by the
00:10
thunderbolts project at Thunderbolts dot
00:13
info in the first four installments of
00:18
this series we illustrated that the most
00:20
powerful electrical phenomenon on our
00:22
own world
00:23
lightning may be the ideal analog for
00:26
many stupendous electromagnetic
00:28
phenomena throughout the cosmos the
00:30
tell-tale signatures of lightning are
00:32
seen in stellar and Galactic jets in
00:35
filamentary star forming networks and in
00:38
mysterious magnetic structures yet space
00:42
scientists still imagine that gravity is
00:44
king and thus with ever finer
00:46
technological data the standard
00:49
explanations for unexpected discoveries
00:51
have grown increasingly bizarre in this
00:54
episode we will explain why the
00:56
discovery of pulsing electrical
00:58
oscillations in space is the fifth of
01:01
ten reasons why the universe is electric
01:04
pulsars
01:06
modern astrophysics is a wonderland of
01:09
strange and often physics-defying
01:11
oddities one of the most bizarre
01:14
Astrophysical objects ever proposed is a
01:17
so-called neutron star scientists tell
01:20
us that the material left over from a
01:22
supernova explosion of a massive star
01:24
collapses gravitationally forming an
01:27
incredibly small yet massively dense
01:29
star mostly composed of tightly packed
01:32
neutrons the average neutron star is
01:36
thought to be around 10 to 20 kilometers
01:37
in radius yet supposedly has about one
01:41
and a half times the mass of our Sun in
01:43
fact has described unofficial nasa
01:47
webpage a neutron star is so dense that
01:50
on earth one teaspoonful would weigh a
01:53
billion tons a rotating neutron star is
01:56
said to emit narrow beams of radiation
01:58
would sweep toward the earth causing
02:01
pulses of radiation to be received if
02:03
the source of such a signal is a
02:05
mechanically spinning lighthouse then it
02:08
must spin incredibly rapidly sometimes
02:10
considerably faster than a dent
02:12
drill in fact in September of this year
02:16
scientists using a network of linked
02:18
radio antennas reported their
02:20
observation of a pulsar that spins up to
02:22
seven hundred seven rotations per second
02:25
or forty two thousand rpm in comparison
02:29
the blade of a typical light helicopter
02:31
only spins at about 450 rpm the equators
02:36
of the fastest spinning neutron stars
02:38
appeared to travel at a fraction of
02:40
light speed in order to avoid flying
02:42
apart a star would have to shrink
02:44
gravitationally to a tiny fraction of
02:47
its former diameter to avoid that fate
02:49
with little regard for particle physics
02:52
the electrical nature of matter and the
02:54
profound weakness of gravity it was
02:56
found that the star would have to be
02:58
composed of neutrons retired professor
03:01
of electrical engineering dr. Donald
03:03
Scott outlines a fatal objection to this
03:05
notion a proton free nucleus or charge
03:09
free atom made up of only neutrons has
03:12
never been synthesized in any laboratory
03:14
nor can it ever be low neutrons decay
03:17
into proton electron pairs in less than
03:20
14 minutes atom like collections of two
03:23
or more neutrons will fly apart almost
03:26
instantaneously nevertheless in
03:29
astrophysics today the existence of
03:31
neutron stars is treated as settled
03:33
science recently scientists have claimed
03:36
that they've witnessed a so-called
03:37
cosmic smash up between two neutron
03:40
stars 130 million light years away like
03:44
the recent pronouncements of the so
03:46
called detection of gravitational waves
03:48
which was produced by two black holes
03:50
that supposedly collided a billion years
03:52
ago
03:53
creating quote ripples in the fabric of
03:55
space-time the supposed observation of a
03:58
quote neutron star collision has been
04:01
met with zero skepticism by science
04:03
media before addressing such a claim let
04:06
us further examine the theoretical
04:08
foundations for the neutron star
04:10
hypothesis and the numerous discoveries
04:13
that severely challenged whether such an
04:15
object could possibly exist it is
04:18
critical to remember that the incredibly
04:20
exotic neutron star hypothesis was not a
04:23
predictive theory which was composed and
04:25
then
04:26
verified through observation rather the
04:29
hypothesis was invented in the 1960s
04:32
after the completely unexpected
04:34
discovery of radio pulses from the
04:36
constellation vulpecula in 1968 the
04:39
world renowned astrophysicist Thomas
04:42
Gould proposed that the source of the
04:43
pulses was a rapidly rotating star in
04:46
recent years with improved data
04:49
scientists have observed multiple quote
04:51
pulsars that would falsify the neutron
04:54
stars existence if astrophysicists were
04:57
actually willing to entertain its
04:59
falsification in several space news
05:02
episodes we reported on pulsars whose
05:05
apparent brightness exponentially
05:07
exceeds their absolute theoretical
05:09
limits in 2014 we reported on the
05:13
discovery of a so called neutron star
05:15
that appeared to shine with the
05:16
brightness of 10 million suns this fatal
05:20
discovery was characterized as follows
05:23
in a tech Times article a dead star over
05:27
12 million light-years away is giving
05:29
off enough light impulses that it breaks
05:31
the Eddington limit a law of physics
05:34
that outlines the maximum brightness to
05:36
an object can give off based on its mass
05:39
more recently scientists using data from
05:42
the esa x' xmm-newton satellite reported
05:46
their observation of the so-called
05:47
brightest and farthest pulsar ever
05:49
observed from Earth the Pulsar NGC 5 907
05:54
x1 reportedly exceeds by 1,000 times the
05:58
theoretical limit for such an object's
06:00
brightness earlier this year phys.org
06:03
reported of this pulsar in one second it
06:07
emits the same amount of energy released
06:10
by our Sun in three and a half years the
06:13
lead author of the paper on the findings
06:15
stated this object is really challenging
06:17
our current understanding of the
06:19
accretion process for high luminosity
06:21
stars it is 1,000 times more luminous
06:25
than the maximum thought possible for an
06:27
accreting neutron star so something else
06:30
is needed in our models in order to
06:32
account for the enormous amount of
06:34
energy released by the object as we've
06:36
pointed out in many previous episode
06:39
impossibly huge or bright objects in
06:42
space usually appeared to astronomers
06:44
due to a misinterpretation of a redshift
06:46
which the latest on Amuro Alton ARP
06:49
documented in his catalog of discordant
06:51
associations of high-redshift quasars
06:54
and low redshift galaxies others
06:57
so-called neutron stars defy all the
07:00
standard explanations of a pulsars
07:02
energetic emissions in 2013 scientists
07:06
working with the ESA x' xmm-newton
07:08
satellite reported their observations of
07:11
a pulsar x' shocking x-ray variations
07:14
which are anti-correlated in flux with
07:17
radio emissions a lead investigator said
07:20
of the findings to our surprise the
07:22
correlation between these two emissions
07:24
appears to be inverse when the source is
07:27
at its brightest in radio waves it
07:29
reaches its faintest in x-rays and vice
07:32
versa the team is also surprised because
07:34
the so-called neutron star is thought to
07:36
be five million years old yet
07:39
hypothetical objects of that age should
07:41
not emit powerful x-rays the lead author
07:44
of a paper on that discovery stated at
07:46
the time the people creating models will
07:49
have to rethink what we are discovering
07:51
here when we look now to what is so far
07:53
published in papers nothing at this
07:56
moment can explain what is happening but
07:59
such an unresolved intractable problem
08:01
is immediately forgotten in the
08:03
aftermath of mediafire storms or what
08:06
the latest Audemars Alton ARP described
08:08
as quote science by press release as
08:11
we've outlined in the previous
08:13
installments of this series such
08:15
theoretical crises are inevitable in the
08:17
cosmos where colossal gravity is the
08:20
only explanation for stupendous
08:22
electromagnetic phenomena despite
08:25
tremendous logical and evidential
08:27
objections institutional science has
08:29
shown no attempt to develop theoretical
08:32
alternatives to the mechanically
08:33
spinning lighthouse interpretation of
08:36
pulsars the disciplines of plasma
08:39
physics and electrical engineering do
08:41
offer such promising alternatives it has
08:44
been suggested that a more useful
08:46
analogy to pulsar flashes is the complex
08:48
radio signals induced in Earth's
08:50
ionosphere by power
08:52
lightning a pulsar switching from x-ray
08:55
to radio emissions is neither predicted
08:57
nor explained in standard theory yet it
09:00
is not mysterious if the source is a
09:02
lightning like electrical discharge
09:04
which can produce both in fact this idea
09:08
was proposed in 1995 in the scientific
09:11
paper radiation properties of pulsar
09:14
magnetosphere observation theory and
09:16
experiment by dr. anthony peratt of los
09:19
alamos laboratories and co-author Kevin
09:22
Healy paradin Healy examined well over a
09:25
dozen pulsar anomalies that the standard
09:27
lighthouse model has failed to explain
09:30
they wrote there yet exists no self
09:33
consistent theory to describe the Pulsar
09:36
electrodynamics using electromagnetic
09:38
particle in cells simulations the team
09:41
proposed a quote magnetospheric disc
09:44
field aligned current transmission line
09:46
system as the source of the observed
09:48
radiation with external wave excitation
09:51
by as yet an unexplained source this
09:55
model does not require a rotating object
09:58
nor the lighthouse effect rather it in
10:01
effects states that an electrical
10:03
discharge occurs close to a star which
10:05
then travels along magnetic field lines
10:08
outwards where it encounters a disc of
10:10
matters surrounding the star where it
10:13
meets that more dense matter a kind of
10:15
short circuit occurs and the signal is
10:17
reflected as in transmission lines in
10:20
electrical engineering theory while
10:23
astrophysicists believe a mechanically
10:25
spinning lighthouse is the only
10:27
explanation for pulsars atomic clock
10:30
like stable periodicity Pratt and Healey
10:32
have shown a theoretical and
10:34
experimental II tested electromagnetic
10:36
model that is sufficiently stable to
10:38
explain the phenomenon the most stable
10:41
oscillator ever achieved on earth is
10:43
known as an ion trap their model is a
10:46
kind of stellar ion trap involving a
10:49
pulsar surface magneto sphere
10:51
relativistic double layer
10:55
double layers are naturally formed by
10:58
all electric stars pulsars are
11:01
distinguished by having a power supply
11:03
sufficient to form relativistic double
11:06
layers importantly the electromagnetic
11:08
pulse our experiment of healy and / at
11:11
also showed the features of gradual
11:13
pulsars slow down due to losses in the
11:16
dielectric media and in synchrotron
11:18
emission what's more it showed sudden
11:21
pulse speed up or glitches where a short
11:24
circuit occurs across the magneto
11:26
spheric circuit shortening the
11:28
transmission line and the pulse period
11:30
and increasing the pulse frequency no
11:33
incredible neutron star whirling dervish
11:36
is needed it must be emphasized that the
11:39
formation of neutron stars relies on the
11:42
standard theories of stellar evolution
11:44
which assumes that stars burn themselves
11:47
up and supernova explosions scientific
11:50
discovery has proven extremely
11:51
problematic for these theories in fact
11:55
as we will report in a forthcoming space
11:57
news episode the standard theory of
12:00
supernovas will never be resolved with
12:02
increasingly stunning observations as
12:05
reported on November 8 2000 17 in the
12:08
phys.org article star exploded survived
12:12
and exploded again more than 50 years
12:14
later an international team of
12:17
astronomers discovered a star that
12:19
exploded multiple times over a period of
12:22
50 years the finding published by nature
12:25
completely confounds existing knowledge
12:28
of a stars and of life the lead author
12:31
of a paper on the discovery says this
12:34
supernova breaks everything we thought
12:36
we knew about how they work but as
12:39
viewers of the series are painfully
12:41
aware this type of confession has become
12:43
numbing Li routine from space scientists
12:46
on every celestial phenomena at every
12:49
possible scale throughout the cosmos yet
12:52
we still await any meaningful
12:54
reassessment of consensus theory or any
12:57
attempt at exploring real alternatives
13:00
do dying stars collapse gravitationally
13:03
forming neutron stars of such massive
13:06
insidee that a single teaspoon full of
13:09
their material would weigh a billion
13:10
tons on earth does a mechanically
13:13
spinning lighthouse switch from x-ray to
13:15
radio emissions do dead stars 20
13:18
kilometers in radius spin at speeds of
13:21
tens of thousands of revolutions per
13:23
minute nearly twice the speed of the
13:26
blades of a typical kitchen blender does
13:29
a miniscule dead star shine with the
13:31
brightness of tens of millions of living
13:34
stars in defiance of the quote known
13:37
laws of physics astrophysics in 2017
13:41
presents a bedazzling Specter the
13:44
unfathomably exotic is the cultural norm
13:47
while the real practitioners of Occam's
13:50
razor are labeled crackpots and cranks
13:53
like every other fantastic
13:55
electromagnetic phenomena in space an
13:58
extremely exotic explanation of pulsars
14:01
is only necessary if one holds to a
14:03
completely untenable position that
14:06
electricity causes nothing in space
14:08
rather than affirming the dominance of
14:11
colossal gravity throughout the cosmos
14:13
the discovery of pulsing electromagnetic
14:16
signals is yet another confirmation that
14:19
our universe is electric for continuous
14:23
updates on space news from the electric
14:25
universe stay tuned to Thunderbolts dot
14:28
info

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
One great quote from video #5...

"The unfathomably exotic is the cultural norm while the real practitioners of Occam's razor are labeled crackpots and cranks.
Like every other fantastic electromagnetic phenomena in space, an extremely exotic explanation of pulsars is only necessary if
one holds to a completely untenable position, that electricity causes nothing in space."​

Indeed, I think those two sentences can sum up what I think has been the gist of these videos up to this point as well as the whole of the EUT for that matter. It is the notion communicated in those two sentences that states most clearly what it is about the EU that I really buy into fully. There are a lot of the details that the EU folks put out that I just think are stretches, to say the least, the Electric Sun Theory being one of big ones in my view. But, as I've said before, it is their approach/attitude that I agree with. I've been convinced for decades that mainstream science has come off the rails and has been more and more consumed by what is little more than mathematical conjecture. The EU folks have, I think, correctly pointed out that the spot where things have gone most wrong is with their seemingly dogmatic assertion that cosmological processes must be explained primarily by gravitational forces and impact dynamics BECAUSE the electromagnetic force just cannot be responsible for much of anything at all. It is this premise that I think is faulty and the EU has done an excellent job of showing that maybe they've got that much wrong. They, in return, get labeled crackpots and cranks, which has been masterfully demonstrated to us here on this thread by gcthomas. Way to go Tom!

Clete

Last edited:

gcthomas

Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric #5: Pulsars

https://youtu.be/6zV1cLKJfbE

Transcript...
… (extract)

04:18 it is critical to remember that the incredibly
04:20 exotic neutron star hypothesis was not a
04:23 predictive theory which was composed and
04:25 then
04:26 verified through observation rather the
04:29 hypothesis was invented in the 1960s
04:32 after the completely unexpected
04:34 discovery of radio pulses from the
04:36 constellation vulpecula in 1968

This part of the transcript shows just how far out of touch the authors are from actual science. He seems unaware of the fact that neutron stars were predicted in 1934 by Fritz Zwicky in his seminal paper "Cosmic Rays from Super-Novae". He wrote this, more than three decades before the observation confirmation of his predictions:

In addition, the new problem of developing a more detailed picture of the happenings in a super-nova now confronts us. With all reserve we advance the view that a super-nova represents the transition of an ordinary star into a neutron star, consisting mainly of neutrons. Such a star may possess a very small radius and an extremely high density. As neutrons can be packed much more closely than ordinary nuclei and electrons, the “gravitational packing” energy in a cold neutron star may become very large, and, under certain circumstances, may far exceed the ordinary nuclear packing fractions. A neutron star would therefore represent the most stable configuration of matter as such. The consequences of this hypothesis will be developed in another place, where also will be mentioned some observations that tend to support the idea of stellar bodies made up mainly of neutrons.​
(my emphasis, full paper here.)

The author is an ignoramus, who is misrepresenting almost everything about physics, and you have fallen for his siren song. You should listen to the actual physicists instead of the cranks and charlatans.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This part of the transcript shows just how far out of touch the authors are from actual science. He seems unaware of the fact that neutron stars were predicted in 1934 by Fritz Zwicky in his seminal paper "Cosmic Rays from Super-Novae". He wrote this, more than three decades before the observation confirmation of his predictions:

In addition, the new problem of developing a more detailed picture of the happenings in a super-nova now confronts us. With all reserve we advance the view that a super-nova represents the transition of an ordinary star into a neutron star, consisting mainly of neutrons. Such a star may possess a very small radius and an extremely high density. As neutrons can be packed much more closely than ordinary nuclei and electrons, the “gravitational packing” energy in a cold neutron star may become very large, and, under certain circumstances, may far exceed the ordinary nuclear packing fractions. A neutron star would therefore represent the most stable configuration of matter as such. The consequences of this hypothesis will be developed in another place, where also will be mentioned some observations that tend to support the idea of stellar bodies made up mainly of neutrons.​
(my emphasis, full paper here.)

The author is an ignoramus, who is misrepresenting almost everything about physics, and you have fallen for his siren song. You should listen to the actual physicists instead of the cranks and charlatans.
Oh yeah, I've totally fallen for a theory that I've repeatedly denied being a proponent of. Once again, every time I stop ignoring your posts, I just get reminded why you deserve to be ignored.

I had already read the same wikipedia article you found this information in. It's too bad that you have no self-control. It might have been interesting discussing this stuff with you.

gcthomas

[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION], please feel free to not respond to my posts. You don't add anything of value and you keep telling me I'm on ignore - stick to your guns. I am quite happy to be the only responder to your crank thread, picking holes in each video as it comes without interruption.

On my last post, the video author made a claim he said was "critical to understand", and he turned out to be factually incorrect in a huge way. Don't you think that undermines the whole credibility of everything else he says? You didn't notice the blunder, so you can't be too confident in your ability spotting otherwise glaring errors in the parts you fancy undermine modern physics. Neither of you have the expertise to make those mind of judgements.

Oh, and I don't need to go to Wikipedia for physics content. As a physicist I spend time editing and correcting Wiki pages. I got my information directly from the discoverer of pulsars, Dame Jocelyn Bell-Burnell, when I met her some years ago.

Real physics is awe inspiring - you should stick to the real deal.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I’ll respond to whatever post I want to respond to, whenever I want to respond to it. I couldn’t care less what you get out of it.

You may not need to go to Wikipedia but that doesn’t mean you didn’t.

And as for my having not noticed, the fact is that I had just finished reading a few things about pulsars, including both the Wikipedia article as well as portions of the very same paper you linked to when I came here and discovered your post. What you don’t seem to understand about how debate works is that one person takes one side while someone else takes the other. Up until this last video all you’ve been willing to do is call people names and be unpleasant and frankly boring.

This is not a physics discussion board. Knight permits us to discuss whatever we like but basically speaking, the people here are mostly not interested in discussing physics except as it might directly related to something theological. I am one of only a very few people here who would stand any chance at all of engaging you in a discussion about physics that was even slightly sunstantive and worthwhile. But rather than being respectful and substantive, you decided right at the outset to intentionally ignore my specific plea to avoid name calling and ridicule. I made that plea precisely because I’m familiar with what these people propose and I know that there is plenty of it that is worthy of ridicule. The point is that ridicule is easy. Only the lazy and closed minded go there as quickly as you did, especially in the face of someone specially asking for people to avoid such tactics.

What I figured out a long time ago is that nearly everyone on this site has basically the same character flaws that you do. There’s a descent list of exceptions but for the most part this site is a giant boring waste of time. I started this thread in hopes of avoiding the mindles morons that populate normal threads here. The result was that I was quickly motivated to ignore the first person that showed up and with only one other exception, I was relegated to debating this topic with myself. Five videos into the list, you finally post something with substance but can’t keep yourself from couching even that in insults and name calling.

You are everything that is bad about this website. I have relationships with children that are more substantive and intellectually honest. I’d be embarrassed if I were you.

This may be the last post I write for a very long time. I’m so bored with this I can barely stand it.

Clete

gcthomas

Why, [MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION], do yoo litter your post with attempts at personal insults (lazy, close minded, intellectually dishonest, mindless moron, character flaws, and that is just in your last post)

Your thread is about crank science, and you should accept someone calling a spade a spade. You have way out-done me in terms of insults, so you should either be less petulant when you get a little criticism back, or resist your own temptations to lay on the insults thickly.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Why, [MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION], do yoo litter your post with attempts at personal insults (lazy, close minded, intellectually dishonest, mindless moron, character flaws, and that is just in your last post)

Your thread is about crank science, and you should accept someone calling a spade a spade. You have way out-done me in terms of insults, so you should either be less petulant when you get a little criticism back, or resist your own temptations to lay on the insults thickly.

I have no problem with insults. Anyone who's seen any of my posts knows that. What I have a problem with is starting with them. This is a debate forum, or at least that's what it purports to be. Mostly, it's actually just a place where people come to spout their personal opinions and ignore what anyone else says that contradicts those opinions. It's become the biggest collection of mentally deficient, lazy minded morons I've ever come across. (There are obvious exceptions, of course. They know who they are.)

In this thread, I was intentionally lobbing up what should have been the biggest slow pitch soft ball any opposition could ask for, and I had you specifically in mind for the task of knocking out of the park an alternative cosmology that does, whether you like it or not, have a growing support base. There are hundreds of thousands of people who watch that idiotic television show called "Ancient Aliens" every single week and believe every word of it. There are a growing number of people who actually do believe that the Earth is flat! The universities in this country are filled to the brim with mindless twits that think Marxism is superior to capitalism. They distrust anything and everything that is or can be construed as "establishment" and while there are good examples where that distrust is well deserved, these people see conspiracies behind every bush. Then people like you meet their arguments with insults instead of substance, and in so doing feed right into their delusion. You accomplish the opposite of what you're probably attempting to accomplish. People like you are actually worse than those poor smucks who can't think their way out of a wet paper bag because people like yourself who are capable of debating the issues but choose not to, exacerbate the problem on both sides! You not only cement the morons into their delusions but you help to shut down legitimate decent from within your own ranks which serves no one and actually helps to perpetuate the "establishment" (both the perceived and actual versions of it). What you do is the EXACT opposite of scientific thinking.

There is, however, a place for insults and ridicule, but coming out with it in round one of a debate isn't it. The thread that DFTDave started where we debated the idea that the Earth is flat is an example of how to do it better. When he started that thread, I didn't get it at first but he convinced me that what he was interested in was actually debating the arguments. Okay, fine - that's exactly what I did. I picked apart every argument he could find until I was blue in the face. There were plenty of times when I expressed frustration at the mindlessness of some of the argument he presented but it wasn't until I got convinced that he had in fact lied about playing devil's advocate and was intentionally choosing to stubbornly stick to what everyone could tell was absolute stupidity that I stopped debating and started up with the insults that he clearly deserved because at that point it was no longer about debating the issue, it was something far more personal and far more evil, frankly, than a mere difference of opinion.

But you do what you want, which of course you will. If stroking your ego by throwing around your personal opinions and showing off your education is more appealing to you then having to stretch yourself intellectually by having to actually debate topics on the grounds upon which they are presented by others then I guarantee you that this is the site for you because that is pretty nearly the only thing that happens here.

So, you ask me why I insult you - because you deserve it. That's all you've ever shown that you deserve. You're a pompous, self-aggrandizing waste of everyone's time, including your own. What's worse is that you don't seem to care.

Clete

Last edited:

gcthomas

[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION], the EU stuff you post is the worst sort of crank nonsense. Even Wake Brown makes a small attempt to supply some physical principles and calculations in a few areas of his Hydroplates book, but the EU folks don't even do that. There is nothing quantitative, so there is nothing to test and no way to claim that it is better in any way than actual physics. There is nothing that even pretends to be any sort of science, so what would you like me to address?

Tell you what, why don't you identify the single best claim that you think can offer the raw material for a debate, because for the life of me I can't see anything with any promise.

So what part of EU would you like to talk about?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION], the EU stuff you post is the worst sort of crank nonsense. Even Wake Brown makes a small attempt to supply some physical principles and calculations in a few areas of his Hydroplates book, but the EU folks don't even do that. There is nothing quantitative, so there is nothing to test and no way to claim that it is better in any way than actual physics. There is nothing that even pretends to be any sort of science, so what would you like me to address?

Tell you what, why don't you identify the single best claim that you think can offer the raw material for a debate, because for the life of me I can't see anything with any promise.

So what part of EU would you like to talk about?

If you cannot discuss something on a conceptual basis, you don't understand it at all.
These people make claims that serve as premises for arguments. Arguments can be refuted in one of only two ways. You can demonstrate that one or more of the premises are false or you can show that the form of argument itself is fallacious.

A primary claim of the EU is that the "gravity is king" assumption is wrong and that the electromagnetic force plays a significant role in cosmological processes. This claim is used almost universally as a primary premise to almost everything else they say.

Someone like you might say, "Everywhere in the universe that you care to look, whenever you have a positive charge, you also have a negative charge, weather it's in plasmas, condensed matter or degenerate matter. The effect of this is that when you sum the positive charge field and the negative charge field, they cancel out at distances very near the source."

This is another claim. This claim is one of, if not the primary premise behind the entire "gravity is king" cosmological paradigm. You would need to guard against presupposing that this claim is fact unless and until you could establish it as such, otherwise, your arguments would be begging the question. Even so, it isn't fallacious to bring it up in such a debate and make every effort to establish it as fact. Successfully doing to would likely falsify the Electric Universe Theory.

The EU proponent would respond to this claim by saying, "A common misconception. Cosmic plasma is not electrically neutral, it is quasi-neutral, which means that it tends towards neutrality. This is why the solar wind is not held by the Sun's gravitation field, and accelerates towards the heliopause, and why it forms the heliospheric current sheet, carrying a billion amps.
Even the immense gravitational field of a black hole can not hold its surrounding plasma, and forms astrophysical jets (which are actually non-neutral, ie. they are charged particle beams), that can extend 5000 light-years (M87's jet).
Yes, space plasmas are neutral overall, but quasi-neutraliity means that charge imbalances occur, over light-years, as demonstrated by jets."

Indeed, all of these videos have been essentially aimed at debunking the idea that plasma is always uniformly neutrally charged. What's more is that it doesn't use technical jargon and mathematical theory to do so. It uses mainstream science's own observations and data to show that there is at least some reason to believe that electromagnetism is a bigger deal than previous thought. My own suspicion is that most of what the EU theorizes will be shown to be wrong but that mainstream science will eventually be forced to rethink the idea that electromagnetism is mostly a non-entity in the realm of cosmological science and admit that gravity and collisions just don't cut it as explanations for many of the things we see in the universe. In short, my feeling is that while the universe isn't electric, it is far more electrical than currently believed by mainstream science.

In any case, you don't need detailed, quantitative, mathematical predictions to evaluate these ideas in a forum of this nature. Sure, if you wanted to do a hard scientific analysis then, yes, you'd have to get out your hypersensitive equipment and take details measurements and crunch the numbers with your TI 89 but this is not Cornell University or the Lick Observatory. This is a layman's discussion forum where people who mostly qualify basically as hacks come to discuss stuff with other hacks based primarily on information they glean from Wikipedia.com and Sky and Telescope magazine. There is real science happening within the EU community at places like The Safire Project and elsewhere but in the context of this thread, that's entirely irrelevant. These videos are the EU's own self-proclaimed best arguments. Debunk them on their own terms just as you'd do if engaged in such a debate with a neighbor on a Friday night on your back porch with a cigar in one hand and a Silver Bullet in the other.

Clete