toldailytopic: Will there be animals in heaven?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 17th, 2012 08:19 AM

Beagle%252Bpuppy%252B400.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 17th, 2012 08:19 AM

Beagle%252Bpuppy%252B400.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

There are two places for after life; new heaven (paradise) and new earth.

Most of us will live in new earth. The elect will live in new heaven who will reign new earth with Jesus.

The earth will be like Eden what Adam and Eve lost because they sinned.

So yes there will be animals in new heaven but there is not going to any fierce animals. All animals will be tamed ones.

I will bring up the reference for new heaven.:)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Revelation 19:11
Revelation 19:14

I am on the cell phone right now and can't copy and paste these Scriptures . Jesus and His heavenly army are riding horses. We know from these verses that there will at least be horses in the new order. I'll post more later.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Descriptions regarding the age to come where animals are present is not 'heaven' but the millennium and then the new earth. Christ came to redeem creation, not to eliminate it and have us sitting on clouds playing harps.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation 19:11
Revelation 19:14

I am on the cell phone right now and can't copy and paste these Scriptures . Jesus and His heavenly army are riding horses. We know from these verses that there will at least be horses in the new order. I'll post more later.

Good point! I had forgotten that, momentarily. :thumb:

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't know if there will be any animals in heaven, but I do know there will be double dog Gentiles there! Ephesians 2:6 KJV, Ephesians2:11-13 KJV

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
My mother in law says yes... "And that our pets will too, because there are paintings of Jesus with animals all over the place."

:rotfl:

:plain:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 8:21-23
because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

These scriptures clearly say the entire creation will be redeemed when we are delivered from the bondage of death and decay. Animals are included.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What could distract us from the absolute goodness and perfection of God? Still, I would like an afterlife with animals there (although my house would be overrun with the many four-footed and feathered friends I made and lost over the years).

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
The answer becomes obvious when we define our terms. Heaven is nothing but the perpetual union of the rational soul (or the intellectual being, in the case of the angels) with the God whom he loves with all his heart, mind and soul. If we're lucky enough to make it to Heaven, that's what we're going to do for all eternity: we're going to know and love God for all eternity. It's going to be a constant discovery of yet newer and newer beauty and joy in the mystery of the Trinity.

It follows quite simply from this that there will be no animals there. Animals don't have rational souls.