toldailytopic: WILDCARD DAY!! Discuss any issue(s) that comes to your mind. GO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 25th, 2010 02:14 PM

toldailytopic: WILDCARD DAY!! Discuss any issue(s) that comes to your mind. GO!!

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Considering and taking for granted that we are commanded to obey the governing authorities, at what point is armed rebellion justified? I've asked this before and can't recall ever seeing a satisfactory answer.

And in the US specifically, so long as we have the power to exercise control over the government through elected representatives, could it ever be justified?

Also, what is required to be considered a governing authority? How does one achieve that status?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
How about this wacky health care summit being shown all over the tv?
Do you think Obama wants to include Republicans in on the blame because he is not getting healthcare passed? "Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control." White House Communications Director, Anita Dunn.

If you are not convinced that we need to destroy our country with healthcare "reform" that we cannot afford, how can the White House rephrase it so that you are convinced?

You vill be convinced you know?

Ecumenicist

How about this wacky health care summit being shown all over the tv?

How about talking about blatant Republican lies, like Boehner saying that lawsuits are the number one contributor to healthcare costs, or Ryan from Wisconsin saying that he trusts the CBO but the CBO estimates can't be trusted, or all of them who say over and over "the people don't want this." I'm a people, and so are millions of others, and I want it, and so do they.

Liars. Boehner faced liars.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have been noticing as of late, a good deal of baloney here on TOL. It really is too bad:confused:

I do not mind a good theological debate amongst Christians, MAD, Open Theism, OSAS, anything that assumes the primary Christian faith that Jesus is God. I never thought there were so many here who were pretend Christians. What bother me most is listening to their constant prattle about 'the good old Christian church' before Rome got hold of it.

Last edited:

Aner

How about a drug warrior policy that results in the worsening of everything and the betterment of nothing except the pocketbooks of special interests - and the destruction of the African American community???

Do you really want things to be better?? Contact LEAP.CC - these are law enforcement members who realize that prohibition only made our society worse and that ending alcohol prohibition made our society better regardless of the issues - which must be dealt with on an educational/health level rather than a criminal level.

Aner

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hate long posts

Any post of yours is too long.

;)

Well, let's see here . . .

Long posts vs short posts . . .
Long posts: at least you can see them before you run into them.

Short posts: they can trip you.​

Health care reform: Obama vs McCain = finger pointing.

Governing authority: The governing authoritarians will authenticate the authoratating back to the governtarians.

Texas hold'em is gambling, gambling is sinful or is it sinfully gambling.

The three I hates of chrysostom, not Christendom . . .
  1. I hate it when posts are off topic: The long and the short of it, which off topic posts would that be?
  2. I hate it when they lie: They who?
  3. I hate criticism: Constructive and destructive?

chrysostom: My baloney has a first name: Yes, By-Products.

chrysostom: What did you say about baloney? His baloney has a first name, By-Products.

A furtherance of: I hate it when posts are off topic: off topic post are created by uncertainty, or avoidance.

Will they (btw: who is they?) ever revive Lakeside Speedway or return Colorado National Speedway to a half-mile dirt track? Right, that has about as much a chance as Ford resurrecting the Edsel.

The mind is a terible thing to waste?​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.