toldailytopic: Who is the greatest comic book super hero of all-time?

Quincy

I'm more into the independent comic scene, so I'll go with Hellboy. Max Damage was cool too, what I've read anyways.

WizardofOz

Superman is the greatest as in no one can really mess with Superman.

When I was into comics, I liked The Punisher, X-Men, and Spiderman.
:thumb: To superhero movies The Dark Knight, Watchmen and Iron Man.

Buzzword

Superman a misogynist? Never seen that.

Look up the Comics Code Authority.

After Dr. Frederick Wortham declared war on the comic book industry, all of the superheroes but Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were basically scrapped in an effort to save the industry from government intervention, having been accused by the good doctor of promoting juvenile delinquency.

The three heroes who remained were radically altered to avoid the charges (unfairly) laid against them by Dr. Wortham.

Superman, a staunch social crusader beforehand, was turned into a defender of the establishment, including keeping women in the home (and similarly barefoot and pregnant).
They turned Lois Lane from a courageous, independent power-journalist, into a homemaker who only worked at the Daily Planet because she hadn't found a husband yet.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Look up the Comics Code Authority.

After Dr. Frederick Wortham declared war on the comic book industry, all of the superheroes but Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were basically scrapped in an effort to save the industry from government intervention, having been accused by the good doctor of promoting juvenile delinquency.

The three heroes who remained were radically altered to avoid the charges (unfairly) laid against them by Dr. Wortham.

Superman, a staunch social crusader beforehand, was turned into a defender of the establishment, including keeping women in the home (and similarly barefoot and pregnant).
They turned Lois Lane from a courageous, independent power-journalist, into a homemaker who only worked at the Daily Planet because she hadn't found a husband yet.

I am in the home and my husband is not a misogynist, and i like being barefoot too - he gives an awesome foot rub

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I am in the home and my husband is not a misogynist, and i like being barefoot too - he gives an awesome foot rub
Quick props for my hubby and his mad foot rubbin' skillz, too! Woohoo!
I'll go with spidey. But what can he do, you ask? ...whatever a spider can. :idunno:
Definitely a close second. Mostly because he's such a human super hero, while superman is superhero on top of superhero. Like if everyone had super powers, and so no one was super, he'd still be a superhero.

Also, the Watchmen were not superheros. Not that you mentioned them or anything. I just figured if I was gonna compulsively shout out about hubby-foot-rubs I could mention that, too.

MrRadish

I've just finished reading Watchmen again, so I'm kind of inclined to say Ozymandias, although I know Mary disputes whether the Watchmen are superheroes. Batman is generally considered a superhero, though, and he doesn't have special powers either.

Excluding the Watchmen I'm going to say Squirrel Girl. :plain:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I've just finished reading Watchmen again, so I'm kind of inclined to say Ozymandias, although I know Mary disputes whether the Watchmen are superheroes.
I don't dispute it! I viciously, vehemently deny it with a baseball bat festooned with rusty nails! Dipped in flaming tar! :sozo2:
Batman is generally considered a superhero, though, and he doesn't have special powers either.
It isn't that they aren't super, it's that they aren't heroes.
Excluding the Watchmen I'm going to say Squirrel Girl. :plain:
:think:

Yeah, okay. :up:

Lon

It's Clobberin' Time!
images

Quincy

Max Damage, former villain turned anti-hero, is the only character to battle the Plutonian and survive. The less he sleeps the more powerful he becomes until a point of indefeatable incorruptible power. Then he has to take a nap, his only kryptonite :plain:.

Incorruptible_11_CVRA.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
Batman, hands down. The pathology of his origin story, the rogues gallery, the city, the darkness that pervades his psyche...no other superhero comes close.