toldailytopic: What one thing could everyone on TOL agree on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 20th, 2010 08:43 AM

toldailytopic: What one thing could everyone on TOL agree on?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've argued face to face with atheists who claim there is no right and no wrong argue that very point with me.

:mock: those who reject truth.

If there was no right and wrong, they wouldn't be arguing it. The very fact that they do proves themselves wrong.

Nydhogg

That through the last 30 years this country's been going down the drain?

Seriously, I only remember the US going downhill.
Always presided by agents of evil (Reagan), shady characters (Bush Sr.) buffoons (Clinton), shady buffoons (Bush Jr.) or pop stars (Obama.)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That the earth is round! :)

I hope. :noid:

Somewhere, somehow, Newman is laughing. :)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That through the last 30 years this country's been going down the drain?

Seriously, I only remember the US going downhill.
Always presided by agents of evil (Reagan), shady characters (Bush Sr.) buffoons (Clinton), shady buffoons (Bush Jr.) or pop stars (Obama.)

Vote "Yes" on 62!

You can make a difference!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
We 'could' agree on one thing,,,,,,,,'if': blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,,,,,,,,,

It seems to me that the question leads back to Decarte's 'indubitables' or to foundational undeniable first principles like: 'The principle of being-Something is'

*edit*-However, I expect that this will also invite a 'yeah,but' and 'blah, blah, blah'.

Last edited:

nicholsmom

That the universe exists and had a beginning "before" which nothing like it existed.

In other words: the universe was created ex nihilo whether by a creative, super-intelligent, super-powerful being that transcends (is totally "other than") that universe, or ... well not, and without explanation.

Squishes

That the universe exists and had a beginning "before" which nothing like it existed.

In other words: the universe was created ex nihilo whether by a creative, super-intelligent, super-powerful being that transcends (is totally "other than") that universe, or ... well not, and without explanation.

snicker

( :D )

El DLo

Actually, not everyone agrees with it. Another popular theory is that since the laws of time are contained within the universe, but do not govern it's existence (time being relative and whatnot), that the universe has always been with neither a beginning or end, and that all points in time exist simultaneously and only appear as linear in our 3rd dimensional world.

Status
Not open for further replies.