toldailytopic: What kind of activities do you have planned for the summer?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 8th, 2012 08:15 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In July we are going to take a quick trip to Mt. Rushmore, then in August April and I are going to take a trip to Florida to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

It should be a fun summer. :)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
In July we are going to take a quick trip to Mt. Rushmore, then in August April and I are going to take a trip to Florida to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

April's not a summer month. It's spring, silly.:p

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Planning a trip to Denver, just don't know when.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Planning a trip to Denver, just don't know when.
Me too.

I'm thinking the end of July. But I don't want it to be while Knight isn't there.

Buzzword

My wife and I are pretty much staying home for the summer.

She bought us tickets to see Styx/REO Speedwagon/Ted Nugent in May for my graduation present, and we spent Memorial Day weekend with my parents in Texas.

As far as the rest of the summer goes, I'm looking for a full-time job, she's taking a summer college class, and both of us are trying to catch up on our reading (I'm trying to bash through A Song of Ice and Fire, and she's studying meteorology).

Oh, and we started trying to learn to play guitar a few weeks ago.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Nori (not the TOL Nori, my Nori) and I will also celebrate 25 years this August. We may be celebrating in New York City.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I just finished a retaining wall for the lower side of the lawn. Turned it over to Mrs. Barbarian, who is about to put a flower garden behind it.

I'll be going to an AVID conference in a couple of weeks, and later this summer, I'll go to see the U-19 nationals; my daughter is on a regional team for the tournament.

I plan to restructure my lesson plans for the year, and I've got a digital photography class to organize for the fall.

And I have to do some work on the roof. I think I'll pay someone to do that. If a 35 YO guy falls from the roof and gets hurt, he gets sympathy. If a sexegenarian does it, everyone wants to know what he thought he was doing on the roof.

And maybe they have a point.

Buzzword

How far along are you?

About 2/3 of the way through A Clash of Kings.

Usually I can whip through novels pretty quickly, even Tolstoy, but Martin's storytelling is so DENSE I feel like I'm slogging through knee-deep mud trying to take in everything that's happening and everyone's reactions to it.

Buzzword

Buzzword said:
Oh, and we started trying to learn to play guitar a few weeks ago.

Today's guitar update:
I successfully played through a chord chart for Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

S

Strefanash

down here down under it is winter. but it makes on difference.

I lead a quiet life. Against my better judgement I argue theology and have to deal with all the anguish and frustration that entails because I refuse to obey God and leave it alone.

I watch videos (ie tv programmes recorded so i can fast forward the ads) on tv ad on youtube

I go for long walks, regardless of the season

I read books

I listen to music, but not as much as previously.

These things i do throughout the year.

It is a quiet life for one who wants it that way who lives alone and is facing the approach of old age

Omega39

I'm going on a youth group retreat to Baraboo, Wisconsin in late July. I'm excited to see Devil's Lake State Park again!

Alate_One

Finishing writing my scifi/fantasy novel. (Technically it's "finished" but needs more editing)

Also working on getting our house ready to sell.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am probably going to visit North Dakota and Wyoming late this Summer. I want to see Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
About 2/3 of the way through A Clash of Kings.

Usually I can whip through novels pretty quickly, even Tolstoy, but Martin's storytelling is so DENSE I feel like I'm slogging through knee-deep mud trying to take in everything that's happening and everyone's reactions to it.
I went through them pretty quickly, myself. Now I have to wait until next season because the sixth book won't be out for a while.

Have you been watching the show?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I'm in Iraq/Kurdistan at the moment, hoping this post will go through, since the Internet service in our hosts' house barely works. Iraq has been interesting... Kind of wish we could do more evangelism, but my team's purpose in being here is to minister to the orphans and widows of the community.

At the end of this month is a road trip to someplace near Philadelphia; going to help move my aunt there.

In July, I'm chaperoning my fellowship's jr high youth camp somewhere in state.

In August, I'm chaperoning my fellowship's youth trip to Joplin for a rebuilding project.

Dena

Nothing in particular. I started volunteering for a children's grieving center but that won't take up much time. My volunteer work at the hospital doesn't take up much time either so I added helping around my own synagogue. When that's over I think I'll volunteer for our Observatory. I was considering volunteering for our local park system too but their website is all messed up.

I guess we'll be doing the usual - hiking, kayaking, family stuff. Hoping to get a new bike soon.

eameece

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 8th, 2012 08:15 AM

Mary Tyler Moore: "Oh, I thought I would just respond to things as they come along."

Lou Grant: "Good plan!"