toldailytopic: What do you think of Mitt Romney?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 15th, 2011 10:21 AM

toldailytopic: What do you think of Mitt Romney?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Thing with Romney is, I don't think he particularly cares about most issues. I think he just cares about getting elected. I seriously don't believe he has many convictions about traditional hot button topics. His inauthenticism is perfectly authentic.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thing with Romney is, I don't think he particularly cares about most issues. I think he just cares about getting elected. I seriously don't believe he has many convictions about traditional hot button topics. His inauthenticism is perfectly authentic.
That's an excellent analysis. :up:

olsparky

Any candidate that has attended Planned Parenthood fundraiser, implemented a state version of Obamacare and nominated homosexual activist lawyers to courts is no better than Obama and no conservative or Christian should consider voting for him.

Sadly, however, faux conservative and GOProud advisory board member, Ann Coulter, apparently is supporting him once again.

logical1

Any candidate that has attended Planned Parenthood fundraiser, implemented a state version of Obamacare and nominated homosexual activist lawyers to courts is no better than Obama and no conservative or Christian should consider voting for him.

Sadly, however, faux conservative and GOProud advisory board member, Ann Coulter, apparently is supporting him once again.

i dont see how that's possible, considering Coulter's view on abortion. She almost seemed to say that w hat Scott Roeder did was saintly

which it kind of was ??

olsparky

who would not vote for him?
if
he turned out to be the only one who could beat obama

Why would I vote for a Republican that is very likely to work with Democrats to push through another version of Obamacare? Or who can't be trusted to nominate judges to the Supreme Court? Or to defend the nation from homosexual marriage?

There is nothing Romney won't compromise on if it gets him ahead politically.

It's not going to matter, though. Romney will fade away like Rudy Giuliani did in the last election cycle.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why would I vote for a Republican that is very likely to work with Democrats to push through another version of Obamacare? Or who can't be trusted to nominate judges to the Supreme Court? Or to defend the nation from homosexual marriage?

There is nothing Romney won't compromise on if it gets him ahead politically.

It's not going to matter, though. Romney will fade away like Rudy Giuliani did in the last election cycle.

why can't you tell the difference?
if
the democrats can

looks like we have another closet democrat here

olsparky

why can't you tell the difference?
if
the democrats can

looks like we have another closet democrat here
What is the difference between Romney's record in Massachusetts?

Closet liberals or Democrats would be the ones telling conservatives they have to settle for Romney.

Todah

For the man who almost singlehandedly forced homosexual marriage, tax funded abortions and universal healthcare upon the people of Massachusetts, I think he is despicable. That is the one word that comes to my mind when I think of him.

So I googled it ...despicable....deserving of contempt or scorn, vile.............deserving to be despised..........so worthless or obnoxious, as to rouse moral indignation, contemptible..............worthy only of being despised and rejected...........morally reprehensible, vile slimy......unworthy, worthless, wretched, loathsome.

I think all of those definitions fit him, especially slimy, and morally reprehensible.

He is the epitome of a slimy politician. He is morally reprehensible, because he has supported gay marriage and abortion, and pretends like it he had nothing to do with it, and pretends he is kinda-sorta against them now.

I have much more respect for Obama. I pretty much know what he is going to do and say. He has "integrity" regarding his misguided beliefs.

Romney will say, or do, whatever it takes to get elected, as a previous poster has said.

He is a RINO, and almost as liberal as Obama.

Now ask me what I really think of him.:D

Krsto

To be honest I don't know that much about him except that he was a businessman and not a career politician, which I found attractive.

olsparky

To be honest I don't know that much about him except that he was a businessman and not a career politician, which I found attractive.

He comes from a family of politicians. His father was the former governor of Michigan.

As governor of Massachusetts, Romney was rabidly pro-abortion, attended Planned Parenthood fundraisers, included $50 abortions in the state equivalent of Obamacare and put homosexual activist lawyers on courts.

More on Romney:

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/romney/record/