toldailytopic: What do you think God thinks about the Pope?

oatmeal

God wants the pope to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth

I Timothy 2:4

oatmeal

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't think he thinks about the Pope any differently from any other human on this planet.

Other than the fact that the scripture teach that our leaders will be judged more harshly.

No differently in what way?
That 'other than' is a pretty big one, I'd say. There is a gap between regular church members and leaders. And then I think there is a gap between leaders and leaders like the Pope. It's not like he just leads a house church. :eek:

Cruciform

God [i.e., Inzl Kett] thinks the office of the Papacy is a sham. It is based on a misinterpretation of Matthew 16:18.

To understand of the context one must look at Matthew 16:13-18
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
14 So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Genuinely interested and honest readers can find the Catholic answer to this here.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Maybe God is wondering if the Pope still thinks he God.
Maybe God is wondering why keypurr is still deliberately misrepresenting Catholic teaching and practice. (No, I'm sure he absolutely knows why.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Maybe God is wondering why keypurr is still deliberately misrepresenting Catholic teaching and practice. (No, I'm sure he absolutely knows why.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Or maybe God is wondering why Cruciform worships his church instead of Him

john w

Hall of Fame
That the pope is a fool for thinking his pope mobile will do him any good in hell, his next "visit:"

large_popemobile0416.jpg