toldailytopic: What do you expect to see from the GOP convention in Tampa?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 27th, 2012 11:13 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Politicians spouting off a lot of nonsense and pandering to their voters. The usual. It's a shame, really. There is great opportunity for folks to stand up and represent their beliefs and what is right. It won't happen I'm afraid.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My prediction?

All the people who thought Romney was too liberal to be the candidate will get all twitterpated and excited playing the fool and pretending that Romney is a conservative. The vast majority of "conservatives" will throw away all their principles just so they can be part of the show. :vomit:

eameece

Three days of trickle-down economics, punctured by a few morsels for the religious right to chew on....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My prediction?

All the people who thought Romney was too liberal to be the candidate will get all twitterpated and excited playing the fool and pretending that Romney is a conservative. The vast majority of "conservatives" will throw away all their principles just so they can be part of the show. :vomit:
I'm looking for a lot of bad theater predicated on the distinction between their guy's rhetoric and their opponent's. I haven't been this indifferent since...:think: If they were going to let a Mormon through why couldn't it have been Huntsman? :mmph:

I may write in this time around unless a third party candidate has something to say worth hearing.

fool

Hall of Fame
The Party will gather.
The occupiers will occupy.
The Protestors will protest.
The Hurricane will come.
The City will Flood and The Face Eating Zombie Apocolypse will Spawn from the Bath Salt Tainted Waters.
Chuck Norris and TOL's own TomO will be needed to Vanquish the Zombies.
Obama and Romney will do photo Ops of them pulling people out of the water.
Anderson Cooper and Sonjay Gupta will make out on live television after professing how sad it all is (with sad faces).
Justin Bieber will film a video with the devestation as a backdrop to bolster his Street Cred.
Maddona will wind up Naked in the Middle of everything.

Bussiness as Usual.
:cheers:

Quincy

I believe there will be an attempt to humanize Romney. Like he isn't already seen as too nice. They might as well nickname him Mittens.

fool

Hall of Fame
This is one of those Sci-Fi moments.
If 10 years ago you had told me that in 2012 I would be choosing between a Black Guy and a Mormon I would have said "You're High!".
Yet here we are.
High or not.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Party will gather.
The occupiers will occupy.
The Protestors will protest.
The Hurricane will come.
The City will Flood and The Face Eating Zombie Apocolypse will Spawn from the Bath Salt Tainted Waters.
Chuck Norris and TOL's own TomO will be needed to Vanquish the Zombies.
Obama and Romney will do photo Ops of them pulling people out of the water.
Anderson Cooper and Sonjay Gupta will make out on live television after professing how sad it all is (with sad faces).
Justin Bieber will film a video with the devestation as a backdrop to bolster his Street Cred.
Maddona will wind up Naked in the Middle of everything.

Bussiness as Usual.
:cheers:
:rotfl: POTD :first:

Alate_One

I'm looking for a lot of bad theater predicated on the distinction between their guy's rhetoric and their opponent's. I haven't been this indifferent since...:think: If they were going to let a Mormon through why couldn't it have been Huntsman? :mmph:
I had the same thought . . .about Huntsman.

I may write in this time around unless a third party candidate has something to say worth hearing.
Alas in our current system that doesn't do much. We need electoral reform before that but both parties are against it.

LKmommy

Bad weather. However, I'm staying tuned to see how MY Representative Akin handles his gaff aftermath.

Today I am thankful for DVR/TIVO....I can fast forward through it or rewind to make sure I heard them correctly (vs what the various candidates voted for oh the past 5 years up until NOW).

I am looking for the wolves in the sheep clothing tonight. :sheep:

Cleekster

it'll be the same political circus it's been for years.....since i'll be voting for Gary Johnson who if he gets any mention at all will get the "Ron Paul" he's an extremist radical treatment, i find the convention quite irrelevant.

Buzzword

Alate_One said:
Alas in our current system that doesn't do much. We need electoral reform before that but both parties are against it.

Well duh.
Actual election reform would allow us to actually EXERCISE CONTROL OVER OUR COUNTRY, and boot out every last one of them.

I'd prefer a government of right brain vs. left brain instead of right wing vs. left wing.

As for the convention, I expect it to be exactly like the DNC, but with "God" said a few more times.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
My bottom line prediction is that a lot of lies will be spewed from the lectern.

Politicians spouting off a lot of nonsense and pandering to their voters. The usual. It's a shame, really. There is great opportunity for folks to stand up and represent their beliefs and what is right. It won't happen I'm afraid.
I expect the same.

Predictions?

Will Romney flop or have a breakthrough?

Will any unknowns become rising "stars"?
He will flip, then flop.

My prediction?

Yup.