toldailytopic: What do you collect?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Comic books and action figures. But my collections are small.

I have other possessions some may consider to be collections, but I don't actually think about it.

I used to collect key chains and business cards. I got over those a long time ago.

Ed Walton

Shot Guns!

I only have five; but my collection includes my grandfather’s 20 gauge pump, which can be broken-down into two pieces. It’s a Browning design and manufactured by Stevens; so it was purchased out of a Sears Catalog. Don’t tell the liberals I’ll not register it.

But I enjoy handling weapons I will never be able to afford

Ed Walton

I had a Chemistry Teacher that asked the class if anyone wanted to learn a Slide Rule; he said he didn’t see the point no one would be using one. I was one of the four or five that stayed after class to learn. The only thing I remember from the class was that the millions of computations that were performed for the design of the SR-71 Blackbird were all done on slide rules. I do wish I remember something more from the class; but your posting of a few pictures of your collection of old Slide Rules would do an old heart some good!
I do have a Nikon FE 2; with some great Nikon glass to turn you green.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I had a Chemistry Teacher that asked the class if anyone wanted to learn a Slide Rule; he said he didn’t see the point no one would be using one. I was one of the four or five that stayed after class to learn.

I did my calculations on a post 1447 in high school.

8429181336_95078bb1d2_z.jpg

The only thing I remember from the class was that the millions of computations that were performed for the design of the SR-71 Blackbird were all done on slide rules.

It's how we got to the moon. My daughter and I were watching "Apollo 13" at an outdoor showing, and the people near us looked at us funny when we cheered as the film showed the engineers pulling out slide rules to figure a way to get the crew home safely.

I do wish I remember something more from the class; but your posting of a few pictures of your collection of old Slide Rules would do an old heart some good!

8428152375_5065727067_z.jpg

This is a mint copy of the used model I had in college. I also had a nice (and kinda unusual) Pickett Statistics rule, but I mislaid it somewhere sometime after electronic calculators became affordable. Darn. Haven't been able to find an affordable example of that.

I do have a Nikon FE 2; with some great Nikon glass to turn you green.

I have a Nikon F (beat up looking, but everything still works great) with a lot of old pre-prong lenses. I also have a Nikon EL2, which is my favorite film camera. I particularly like my f1.2 55mm Nikkor. Don't think anyone even thinks about making something that fast today. It's a huge hunk of glass, and super sharp. With an adapter, it's used on my wife's tiny Olympus Evolt. And it kinda sorta fits on Pentax K mounts. I wouldn't do that with a new camera, but I've taken some pictures with it on an old DSLR I have. Results are great, but since there's no catch, you have to hold it so it doesn't accidentally unlock and fall off.

What kinds of lenses do you have?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Doesn't everyone collect watches? Why are they so hard to get rid of?
I just revived a Swatch Watch that I have had for about 15 years. I had to special order the battery. I have about 15 watches.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I collect rugs. I have given away many and have made a few but I almost always have several left.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Wheelbarrows. I have five. 3 metal ones and 2 plastic.
Outdoor benches. I have four. I used to have five.