toldailytopic: Turn the other cheek. Should all Christians be pacifists?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is another example of the lost-ness of MAD people. They reject the commandments of Jesus, so they don't know how to live wisely. That means they are available for service to every clever demon.
Jesus said, "When they persecute you in one place, move to another". So, the first time you turn your cheek, and shame on them. The second time, you leave town, and doom on them.

Run from evil?

john w

Hall of Fame
This is another example of the lost-ness of MAD people. They reject the commandments of Jesus, so they don't know how to live wisely. That means they are available for service to every clever demon.
Jesus said, "When they persecute you in one place, move to another". So, the first time you turn your cheek, and shame on them. The second time, you leave town, and doom on them.

When the filthy degradations of the Wife of Christ come to an end (i. e., when she stops supporting false doctrine), she will come out of Mystery Babylonia.
At that time, Mystery Babylonia will be destroyed by the 10 kings which had not, at the time John wrote the Revelation, received their kingdoms. From that time on, no one will buy anything from the merchants. Right after the destruction of Mystery Babylonia, the Beast will come against the Lord's Wife, and our Husband will come back from heaven with armies to protect us and judge them.
However, as long as we support the mighty merchants of Mystery Babylonia who sell us false doctrines, we are, it seems, like Noah and his family before they entered the ark.

"They reject the commandments of Jesus, so they don't know how to live wisely. That means they are available for service to every clever demon.Jesus said, "-a lost person

So do you. "Jesus said," sell all you have.

Send send me your 401(K) money.

Demon Buster

OK Let me jump in. First Turning the other cheek I am the first one to go out of my way to help someone or jump into a saturation, but if people get in my face I am sure to get in there's, and being pacifist well let me just say, if the Lord leads me into battle I will go, but putting all things before him first , there are meany insistence's in the bible about this... David asks the Lord if I go will you hand them over to me .

Put all things before the Lord.
The Bible instructs us to put all things into the Lord's hands and to trust that if we walk in His truth, He shall guide and lead us.
and
Test the spirit, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits.

Blessings to you all
PS
sorry for any typos

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"They reject the commandments of Jesus, so they don't know how to live wisely. That means they are available for service to every clever demon.Jesus said, "-a lost person

So do you. "Jesus said," sell all you have.

Send send me your 401(K) money.

I did

I ended up sleeping in the park, had to take a job in the kitchen in the Sally Anne. Did I learn?

Not all at once, I've been homeless jobless, moneyless four times. All in the space of 18 months.

Was I right? OF COURSE NOT, would I change that 18 months, oh no, a million times no [by the way I was only 16]

I learned if you've got no money, no home and no job but you have got Jesus you are RICH. I learned that when you are poor and needy [desperate] God draws VERY close to you.

I learned that God will never reward foolishness with miracles. I discovered the wrongness of putting faith before grace, the difference between faith and presumption.

I learned that men are USEless to rely on.

I learned a MILLION things about faith, I learned that God will never abandon you.

I understand why free will "faith" preachers jump up and down and screech and scream
[and Lord help us] dropkick old ladies to try to produce faith and why it doesn't work.

The answer is that God does not expect you to jump up as soon as you read something.

Calm down.

He expects you to wait upon Him in prayer, store up His word in your heart and DO those things He shows you to do when He shows you to do them.

I rejoice in those hard lessons I learned....it is why am so set anti to free willery and works of the flesh and working to be saved or produce fruit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you stay in God's grace you will have grace to turn the other cheek, if you fight back, just be honest and say I'm sorry Father I failed.

SaulToPaul 2

1 Cor 14:37 (KJV)

Yes, the Trumpetmaster, the prophet of TOL, spiritual Israelite, spiritual Priest, spiritual King, ignores the commandments of the Lord given to Paul, to us, for living wisely in this present evil world.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He keeps Exodus-Deuteronomy, as per Matthew 23. :plain:

Trumpetfolker

That was in His Father's house. In those days (so I've read) the honor of a house depended on hospitality much more than today. Security was part of the honor.
Today, the word 'honor' has little place in our language. When it is used, it's used with little regard for its definition.

bybee

Not if they knock yer brains out :eek:

They fail at Christian behavior. I, on the other hand, shall excel at Christian bravery and valor as I beat them at their own game.
If even one of my neurons bites the dust you may be sure that many of their's will come with me!:Grizzly:

RBarnes

Yes, all Christians should be pacifists. However, not based solely on the short phrase "turn the other cheek" pulled from Matthew.

However, when the commandments of Christ are taken as a whole, when you understand that he expects obedience, and when you study up on the rest of the New Testament and the history of the earliest Christians, you will see clearly that true Christians are non-violent pacifists (not apathetic, or passive though).

None of the arguments/evidence brought against pacifism so far on this thread holds any water. Think about them critically for yourself.

I'll post again shortly.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turn the other cheek from someone insulting and causing distress or harm towards them or someone they are close to ... of course not.

RBarnes

First let’s establish the fact that Jesus is a lawgiver…

Deut 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee [Moses], and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he will speak in my name, I will require it of him.

So, Jesus is a lawgiver just like Moses was. Moses installed an old covenant with laws, Jesus installed a new covenant with laws.

Break Jesus’ commandments (God’s commandments) and you’ll be least, do and teach Jesus’ commandments, and you’ll be great (Mat 5:19).

Matt 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth; 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matt 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thy enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 They ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.

Then, after concluding his sermon on the mount (which included commandments)…

Matt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

We also have…

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take they coat also.

Some would have you believe that there exist obvious exceptions to the commands Jesus issued. But how do you come to that? What standard do you use to decide how far someone’s violence against you warrants you crying “that’s enough of your precious precepts, Jesus!” before throwing a right hook at their jaw?

A servant is not above his master, and Christ’s servants should set him as their example (Luke 6:40, 1 Cor 11:1, 1 Thes 1:6).

And when exactly did Christ reach the point where the injustice done towards him hit that threshold which warrants violent backlash? He never did in his mortal life. And that’s the same pattern for Christians. Christians, let us hold our anger, take no violent reprisal now – but rather make peace and reconcile sinners to God, leaving room for the wrath of God’s ministers in this world and the wrath to come at the end of the age.

Luke 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Then, of course, we have the dozens of NT verses which express the pacifist nature of Christianity, as well as the historical witness of the early church and its writers. All these things confirm the doctrine of pacifism and its reception based on the commands of Christ, to which we also must conform our lives if we claim to love him.