toldailytopic: The Tea Party movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecumenicist

How do tea party members tie their shoes? With little knotsies!

Is this the birth of a new political party or the rebirth of a neofascist monster?

Slice of Bund cake, anyone?

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
How do tea party members tie their shoes? With little knotsies!

Is this the birth of a new political party or the rebirth of a neofascist monster?

Slice of Bund cake, anyone?

Sheesh, Dave. Are you basing this on anything at all or just pouring out any random accusation that might cast the movement in a negative light?

Seriously, you don't see this as a characterization you should actually support with something? When did it become acceptable Christian behavior to accuse in this manner?

Ecumenicist

Sheesh, Dave. Are you basing this on anything at all or just pouring out any random accusation that might cast the movement in a negative light?

Seriously, you don't see this as a characterization you should actually support with something? When did it become acceptable Christian behavior to accuse in this manner?

I suppose its Christian to carry hate signs, the "death to Obama" signs, pictures of Obama as a witch doctor, and lets not forget the open firearms at these rallies.

These are innocent people who are being manipulated in economically difficult times. But so were the German people in the '30's.

elected4ever

I think it is to late for the Tea Party Movement. This country is Marxest to the extreme and every News organization, including Fox, is trying there best to soft sail our marxest national government. To late to unring the bell.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think it is to late for the Tea Party Movement. This country is Marxest to the extreme and every News organization, including Fox, is trying there best to soft sail our marxest national government. To late to unring the bell.

The USA is not at all Marxist. The USSR was not Marxist, in fact, I think Marxism was one bourgeois man's fantasy, which made him famous. Not all that is not actualized fails as a philosophy.

As to tea parties, it might be somewhat a grass-roots movement; however, it will not achieve a social change anymore than Reagen, or Bush one and two made much social change. They support business and about the best thing I can say besides their deregulation of corporations, they do support the NRA.

Essex

Though Scott (I think his name is Scott) seems to have disappointed the Tea Party followers, he is still a sign that some sort of conservative change is desired by the citizens - even in Massachusetts.

No one was disappointed. Huffington Post and other liberal publications tried to float that idea. Brown was straight up about his position. He said he would vote with Democrats at times. The beauty of his win was he kicked down the door and seats Democrats thought were safe are not safe. Pelosi and Reid will have to do triage. They can't defend all vulnerable seats. Scott Brown by the mere fact of taking a solid Democrat seat means the GOP will pick up more seats this fall than they would have.

Far as the Tea Party....because of it, 2010 is shaping up to be not a 1994 but something even worse for Democrats: a 1946.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I suppose its Christian to carry hate signs, the "death to Obama" signs, pictures of Obama as a witch doctor, and lets not forget the open firearms at these rallies.

These are innocent people who are being manipulated in economically difficult times. But so were the German people in the '30's.

Not everybody in the movement is a "birther" and wants Obama to die because he's the next Hitler. Don't let the crazies blind you from seeing their valid concerns, even if you don't agree with their politics.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the tea party wants less government

those who want more government involvement are threatened by it

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The tea party movement thought Scott Brown was a good idea for the most part (actually, our local group thought Brown was a bad idea, but we are tiny and the sentiment wasn't universal even in our small group).

Therefore, the tea party movement will amount to very little.

elected4ever

The USA is not at all Marxist. The USSR was not Marxist, in fact, I think Marxism was one bourgeois man's fantasy, which made him famous. Not all that is not actualized fails as a philosophy.

As to tea parties, it might be somewhat a grass-roots movement; however, it will not achieve a social change anymore than Reagen, or Bush one and two made much social change. They support business and about the best thing I can say besides their deregulation of corporations, they do support the NRA.
I have an idea youare a progresive. The only difference between you and a communest is that you believe in evelution and not revelution. None the less both are marxest and believe the government should be in charge and the individule is to stupid to make individual choices so the government takes care of you.

Essex

There's already a party for less government, lower taxes and more freedom. They are called "libertarians."

No banking regulations, no immigration law, no trade laws, drug legalization, no laws regarding abortion and gutting the military does not led to more freedom. Just the opposite.

drbrumley

The Tea Party is doomed to fail now since it has been coopted by the progressive Dems and Repubs. The Tea party was never taken seriously and was just another group of folks who namely are called "useful idiots" by the establishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.