toldailytopic: The iPhone 5 will be introduced today, do you care?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 12th, 2012 08:09 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I skipped the iPhone 4s, therefore I am anxious to upgrade and get the new iPhone 5. The features I am looking for the most are...

- Faster processor
- Better camera
- 4g

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I just got a new Android phone. My son works for Apple, and is trying to get me to switch to iphone and Macs. He's very excited about the new iPhone, but I'm just not that impressed.

I have to admit, I like the way Macs work. They just charge way too much for what you get.

LKmommy

I have still have a 3G that is about to bite the dust literally so yeah, I am interested in the 5G. I did not upgrade to 4g, so this will be a nice treat-- all that speed and gadgetry to advert/qwell my ADD. The fact that ATT no longer monopolizes the Iphone is a bonus as well.! Boo Att, yeah Iphone 5G!

However, you will NOT see me in line at 0400 for one.

Buzzword

Given that I haven't even gotten on the unlimited texing (to say nothing of SmartPhone or any other "gadget" for that matter) bandwagon...

NO.

And I dread the day when you can't have a cell phone without paying out the yin-yang for data plans and unlimited texting.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I might end up getting one, I want to upgrade soon, will take a close look at them at least.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The main points...

- 18% thinner
- 20% lighter than iPhone 4s
- 4G LTE
- Slightly better camera than the 4s
- Dramatically improved sound quality
- A6 Chip
- Less glare on screen
- New connector (Lightning)
- Better battery life
- iOS6
- 3 Microphones
- Pre Orders this Friday Sept 14th
- Ships September 21st
- Same prices as 4s

Yes... I want one.

john w

Hall of Fame
No

I don't have a "land" line :chuckle:

I'm considering shuckin' my landline, and shoe phone, and getting a "party line." I may have to move to Mayberry.

I'm not that indespensable. And I'm still trying to fix my transistor radio, Beta Max VCR, and "Mr. MicroPhone."

"Fess up:" I have one, don't pay for it, and rarely use it.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll get it if it will use the same power adapter as my current phone...
First+mobile+phone.jpg

Does anyone know?

HisServant

The main points...

- 18% thinner
- 20% lighter than iPhone 4s
- 4G LTE
- Slightly better camera than the 4s
- Dramatically improved sound quality
- A6 Chip
- Less glare on screen
- New connector (Lightning)
- Better battery life
- iOS6
- 3 Microphones
- Pre Orders this Friday Sept 14th
- Ships September 21st
- Same prices as 4s

Yes... I want one.

A judge has pretty much already stated that the HTC 4G LTE patent is valid and apple is infringing, so expect an import ban on the iPhone 5 in around a week or so.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Call me old fashioned, but in my day there was no "i" in phone. :mmph:

Party lines...that's what we had and we were happy to have a conversation rife with the whispery breath of our neighbors listening in!

:think: Where do you get one of those again?

john w

Hall of Fame
Call me old fashioned, but in my day there was no "i" in phone. :mmph:

Party lines...that's what we had and we were happy to have a conversation rife with the whispery breath of our neighbors listening in!

:think: Where do you get one of those again?

Mayberry.

What most of the world is doing, during their "free time:"

cellphoneusers.jpeg

vs.

What members of the boc should be doing, in our "free time:"
Bible-Reading.jpg

Priorities.Contrasts....

Breathe

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 12th, 2012 08:09 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Gonna give it a couple of weeks after release, just to see if it's buggy. If not, I will get one - I have a 3GS now, and love it! :)