toldailytopic: The 2012 Olympics. Are you excited about this years games? Which event

woopah

Opening ceremony was a great for a British audience, Americans and mostly everyone else will hate it haha

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
oh cool :) I wasn't sure how much of British pop culture would be recognised outside the country. which bits did you like best?
Wasn't much I've seen so far that I haven't liked. Of course, I'm a literature addict and a history buff, so I'm tailor made as a non Brit audience member. :chuckle:

What was that music behind the shift through time before the Olympic rings ignited? It was really perfect. Captured the thing beautifully we thought. But I didn't recognize it.

Loved seeing some of the participants, like Kenneth Branagh, who seemed caught up in the moment.

Couldn't believe you got the Queen to participate, if tangentially, in the humorous Bond bit. Good on you.

woopah

Wasn't much I've seen so far that I haven't liked. Of course, I'm a literature addict and a history buff, so I'm tailor made as a non Brit audience member. :chuckle:

What was that music behind the shift through time before the Olympic rings ignited? It was really perfect. Captured the thing beautifully we thought. But I didn't recognize it.

Loved seeing some of the participants, like Kenneth Branagh, who seemed caught up in the moment.

Couldn't believe you got the Queen to participate, if tangentially, in the humorous Bond bit. Good on you.

I'm afraid I can't remember what that song was. yes the ceremony does seem to be tailored to people like us, I'm a big fan of history and literature and I was really impressed with the soundtrack for the whole show. Sex pistols, the Jam, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, the Kinks, they included a really good range of British bands.

I don't think the Queen enjoyed the opening ceremony at all haha, but she has to put up with it cos that's what she's paid for.

I heard from other places on the internet that apparently NBC skipped the segment on Sir Tim Berners Lee and also the 7/7 tribute. apparently they have been showing a Phelps interview instead:(

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm looking forward to the Men in their PJ's "Curling" competition:

curling.jpg

curling.jpg

The Berean

:banana:

I'm just toyin' with ya, mate. :) I know who Nick Willis is. He's a list MP from Takapuna.

:cheers:

Here is Willis winning the silver medal in the 1500 meters at the 2008 Olympics.

(Note: Yes, Willis finished 3rd in the video but the winner failed his drug test and was disqualified)

oatmeal

No, the Olympics do not draw my interest.

Don't you love Olympic bowling?

Olympic jarts?

Olympic bull fighting?

Olympic hopscotch?

Those aren't Olympic sports?

Give them a year or two.

Olympic fishing?

Olympic hunting?

Olympic quilting?

Olympic basket weaving?

Olympic iron cheffing?

oatmeal

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Just thought I would share this pic from the opening ceremony :)

580977_10151009234237669_1575893035_n.jpg

That was a cool part. :thumb:

Mr. Bean was the best though. :D

Other than that, :idunno:. I was watching without sound so it was a little hard to understand what was going on.