toldailytopic: The 2010 Winter Olympics: which country will win the most gold medals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 15th, 2010 10:44 AM

toldailytopic: The 2010 Winter Olympics: which country will win the most gold medals?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Canadia. They have the home field advantage. :idunno:

France has the lead so far, but they'll choke the lead away. :mock: :french:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain: The U.S. of course......

After all, we have Apollo Ohno and he has a neat little beard thingy......:think:

I don't know what he does but I saw him on some commercial...So whatever it is; he must be the best. :idunno:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:plain: The U.S. of course......

After all, we have Apollo Ohno and he has a neat little beard thingy......:think:

I don't know what he does but I saw him on some commercial...So whatever it is; he must be the best. :idunno:

So far he has a silver medal but that is only because 2 guys in front of him fell. :eek:

I started seeing the Olympics as a stupid joke about the time Nadia won. The Russians were favored because of there standing against us at the time. Nadia staggered when dismounting the bars, yet she scored a ten from every one of the Judges. Others scored eights and nines for excellent performances --- and no staggering.
Were they afraid that the Russians would have her killed if she cam back without any trophies?
If this is true, then they should be banned from the Olympics.
A country should not get to enter the Olympics just because they are a country. These games are supposed to be peaceful, fair and decent. If a country is not these things to their own people and other countries then they should not be allowed to compete --- oh, but instead of that they are favored over the other countries.
So the question is --- who are the worst human rights abusers and tyrannically ran country in the games this time?
If you can figure that out then you have the name of the country that will walk away with the most medals this Olympics.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
So far he has a silver medal but that is only because 2 guys in front of him fell. :eek:

:think: Betcha that patch of fuzz under his lip intimidated them into falling.

BTW.....what's he do? :plain:

The Berean

Speed skating. :chuckle:

You mean the wimpy short track speed skating. I think short track speed skating is :flamer:. I much prefer the long track, or normal, speed skating. Those men and women are tremendous athletes. For those old enough has it really been 30 years since Eric Heiden won his five gold medals and the American Hockey team shocked the Soviets?! :shocked: I have fond memories of that.

Thunder's Muse

You mean the wimpy short track speed skating. I think short track speed skating is :flamer:. I much prefer the long track, or normal, speed skating. Those men and women are tremendous athletes. For those old enough has it really been 30 years since Eric Heiden won his five gold medals and the American Hockey team shocked the Soviets?! :shocked: I have fond memories of that.

I was 7... :D

Four O'Clock

For those old enough has it really been 30 years since Eric Heiden won his five gold medals and the American Hockey team shocked the Soviets?! :shocked: I have fond memories of that.

Remember his gigantic, muscular, legs? The guy was unreal!

Tonight, my beloved Curling starts. Don't laugh, I've enjoyed the sport since I first saw it on Wide, World, of Sports around 40 years ago...The US men got bronze four years ago in a semi-shock. Canada and the Scandinavian countries are usually the toughest comp.

Four O'Clock

:mock: Curling

:mock: people who think curling isn't interesting.

I find it relaxing and interesting (actually, its popularity is growing in the last few years as people have stopped laughing and started watching it.) Lots of tradition. I think everyone of the 'official' stones is made from the same mountain in Scotland.

To each his own I guess. :cheers:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Why do we need to have a medal count.? Who cares? :idunno: Just enjoy the individual athletes.

Are you one of those guys who supports giving awards for participation? :squint: We want medals, you PC, let's not hurt anyone's feelings nancy boy! :DK:

greatdivide46

Right now looks like the USA is winning the most medals. In fact I read in an article somewhere that they seem to be running away in the medal count. Germany is second.

Status
Not open for further replies.