toldailytopic: Taxing more or spending less? Which is the most wise path to reduce th

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 8th, 2013 10:44 AM

toldailytopic: Taxing more or spending less? Which is the most wise path to reduce the deficit?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Choleric

End the fed and stop paying income tax to a private bank that is robbing us blind.

Anything less is shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 8th, 2013 10:44 AM

toldailytopic: Taxing more or spending less? Which is the most wise path to reduce the deficit?

Definitely spending less. The government needs to switch to a flat tax across the board and get rid of the corporate tax. It needs to toss out the pork--first to go would be Obamacare and subsidies going to groups like Planned Parenthood. Health care isn't any of the Government's business.

Buzzword

How about spend BETTER?

Dissolve the FED and it's artificial inflation. Get rid of debt-based fiat currency. Actually put the GOVERNMENT in charge of money instead of a gigantic leeching corporation with no loyalty to this or any other country.

Tax the living hell out of any corporation which has [given raises to its top management while firing or lowering pay for its lower-level employees] in the last ten years.

Give tax exempt status to college students and anyone under 25.
Including sales tax and income tax.

Just a few ideas...

Doormat

Neither.

End the fed and stop paying income tax to a private bank that is robbing us blind.

Anything less is shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

^^^^That^^^ would be a good start.

The banking system is the problem. Our government could just print its own money (U.S. Notes) debt free and spend them into circulation.

Watch the award winning documentary The Secret of Oz to learn more. You can watch it right now, if you like:

The Secret of Oz

This Charming Manc

Id suggest little bit of both, three things can get you out of deficit

• higher tax
  • less spending
  • real growth in economy

I don't really think anyone is viable on its own, long term you need to spend less, but to do what the current UK government has done in cutting spending hard has hurt growth hard and pushed us further behind in deficit reduction plans.

PureX

602862_10200278746517466_909407229_n.jpg

537316_516711918363294_1845918863_n.png

483291_492599640792709_803420262_n.jpg

genuineoriginal

Impose a flat 20% tax of gross on all corporations.
Impose a flat 5% tarif on all goods entering the US borders from any foreign country.
Remove taxes on personal income.
Remove taxes on privately owned businesses.
Stop all foreign aid.
Shut down all Federal agencies not specifically authorized by the Constitution and its amendments.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think both need to be done but if I had to choose I'd say to spend less but make some changes in how the money is spent. Spend better, like Buzzword said.

I would also very much favor ending the Fed and the debt burden that the government has, as others have mentioned.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Out of the two I say spending less is definitely the better idea.

Could you imagine if individual citizens could raise their income the way the government does? It'd be much worse than just raising the limit on a credit card. The economy would tank like never before. I expect it would make the Great Depression look mild in comparison.