toldailytopic: Super Bowl XLVII predictions. Who's gonna win?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 16th, 2012 11:48 AM

toldailytopic: Super Bowl XLVII predictions. Who's gonna win?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Kansas City Chiefs. :the_wave:
Well, just as soon as they work the kinks out...and by kinks I mean players, coaches, game plan. You know. :plain:

I think the odds on favorite match up would be SF vs. NE with Tom Brady losing against his old team mate.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Steelers will win their SEVENTH Super Bowl this year.

Probably against 49'ers or Packers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No! The Baltimore Ravens.

Next week the 1-1 Ratbirds host the 1-1 Patriots.

That means one of these teams (I hate them both) will be 1-2 after week 3. :D

no_ravens.jpg

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Someone from the NFC will win the upcoming Super Bowl. :AMR:

AMR

The Berean

I want the 49ers to win the Super Bowl so Alex Smith can laugh at ALL the haters who said the 49ers could never win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB.

Alex Smith :mock: Alex Smith haters

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I want the 49ers to win the Super Bowl so Alex Smith can laugh at ALL the haters who said the 49ers could never win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith at QB.

I've never said they wouldn't. Trent Dilfer demonstrated that even in the more modern game a Griese approach can work. Run well and defend magnificently and all you need is good management and a couple of plays out of your qb. With Moss on board he should be able to keep the secondary nervous enough to accomplish that.

But Manning should have gone to SF. Then they'd be prohibitive favorites for a few...too much has to go right when your qb isn't a strength of your franchise.

The Berean

I've never said they wouldn't. Trent Dilfer demonstrated that even in the more modern game a Griese approach can work. Run well and defend magnificently and all you need is good management and a couple of plays out of your qb. With Moss on board he should be able to keep the secondary nervous enough to accomplish that.
I wasn't referring to you my friend. However, this idea that you absolutely need a HoF QB to win a Super Bowl is silly, though, as Eli Manning has shown. Though, Joe Namath was famous he was not a great QB is you look at his entire NFL career. But he got elected to the HoF based on one game.

But Manning should have gone to SF. Then they'd be prohibitive favorites for a few...too much has to go right when your qb isn't a strength of your franchise.
My main issue with Manning was the health issue. Manning can still play but will he stay healthy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I watched both 49er's games this year. They look really good.

With Crabtree, Moss, and Manningham; Smith doesn't have to be great. Plus, Gore looked like Priest Holmes circa 2002 last night, and the 49er defense looks good.

Could be a Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh Super Bowl.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wasn't referring to you my friend.
Didn't take it that way, just distinguishing. :D

However, this idea that you absolutely need a HoF QB to win a Super Bowl is silly, though, as Eli Manning has shown.
See, we'll differ a little here. I think you either need that or a great many other things to jell at once, which is as unlikely as that Ravens team that managed it. Or you can have a pro bowl caliber qb playing at his best or better, like you did with Simms. But I think Eli will be a HOF enshrinee before it's done. He is for the post season what his brother is for the regular season...though to be fair to Peyton it appears that part of the problem was what the older Manning had to work with.

Though, Joe Namath was famous he was not a great QB is you look at his entire NFL career. But he got elected to the HoF based on one game.
I'll differ here a bit too. Here's an article that parallels my thinking on him in Pro Football Reference.com

That said, I'd rather have one than not.

My main issue with Manning was the health issue. Manning can still play but will he stay healthy.
A number have at his age and absent the one serious injury he's demonstrated a toughness and resistance that nearly rivaled Favre. To my mind it was all about the nerves and whether he could make the throws. Looks like he can make enough of them even this early in the rust bucket recovery.